BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which would you have preferred for single 2?, Strip V Think About Us
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Pick one
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
post Nov 21 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 19,931

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Nov 21 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #2
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Think About Us

+Quote Post
Jade
post Nov 21 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #3
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

'Strip' of course! It's unconventional, empowering, a talking point and a risk. But one that I think would've done just fine. It's more sonically pleasing too, give me those wondrous layers of additional vocals over a pointless drop any day. 'Think About Us' is one of the worst on the album for me, totally safe and basic sad.gif there's nothing wrong with safe sometimes but it's a shame when there are so many interesting songs on this album. I wish this would click with me more, I've seen 'No More Sad Songs' comparisons and that's one of my favourite LM songs, but it's not happening so far.

(I guess it makes more sense for them to go with 'Think About Us' as it's such an easy hit, but I much prefer risks with better songs, 'Power' blowing up in the way it did for example was such a moment)

+Quote Post
inactiveaccount
post Nov 21 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

Monster In Me

+Quote Post
Mixxer
post Nov 21 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #5
#SaveLoveGame
Member No.: 23,178
   No Gallery Pics

Strip.

Think About Us could've waited as the 3rd single.

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Nov 21 2018, 07:47 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

Think About Us. I appreciate Strip's message and the fact that it's uncoventional, but I just... don't find it particularly enjoyable to listen to. TAU goes off in all its basic gory.

This post has been edited by Defaze: Nov 21 2018, 07:47 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 21 2018, 07:54 PM
Post #7
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Strip, TAU just isn't there for me, it's alright but Strip just has so much more in that's a bit out there, has the message, and because it grows on you it's got real legs and you find something new each listen.

+Quote Post
post Nov 21 2018, 07:55 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Legend

Strip could have been a bigger smash I think, even though TAU will be a hit. It’s a risky Move-like situation but they could have easily made it happen. I like Think About Us but it sounds like about 20 other songs whereas Strip sounds like nothing else. Think About Us will be a top 10, 5 at a push, Strip could have been a surprise #1.

+Quote Post
MrLoverboy
Post #9
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 22,989

QUOTE(KWEEN_DEE @ Nov 21 2018, 04:44 PM) *
Monster In Me

Hahaha same. But I voted for TAU. Strip can exist as a promo single like Ari's The Light Is Coming did.

+Quote Post
*Tim
Post #10
Bitch of t seet
Member No.: 16,660

Wasabi

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 21 2018, 08:26 PM
Post #11
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

TAU for sure. Especially over xmas to sell the album with the promo they have.

Strip would be a risk and probably a little too risky so early in the campaign. I feel like Strip as a song could sell itself on playlists and could do well on hype alone etc.. So wouldn't need too much promotion to become a hit I reckon (providing airplay support would be there ofc - which I don't see why it wouldn't be).

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Nov 21 2018, 10:22 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

As I said in the 'Think About Us' thread, I've really come to love 'Strip' and I found the prospect of it being released as a single really exciting and daring. I could see them making it a hit in it's own right. In regards to album sales and it being the run up to Christmas, I can see why they chose 'Think About Us' instead. It's the sort of song that'll encourage people to buy the song, either for themselves or as a gift. The girls have such killer promotion lined up and I can't see people watching Graham Norton thinking "I really want to get that album for a present" if they performed 'Strip' as much as if they performed 'Think About Us'.

In short, it's kinda hard to know how to answer that question. In terms of preference then it's 'Strip' but if it's with my business head on, then it's 'Think About Us'.

Definitely want one of the edgier songs as single #3, maybe to be 'premiered' at the BRITs?

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 21 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #13
I found the love, I found the love in me
Member No.: 5,042

Yeah. They're surely big enough now, that if they had a Brits performance they could promote their current single as opposed to a song that was released so many months ago?

+Quote Post
troylovesmusic
post Nov 21 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,179
   No Gallery Pics

Strip by far . Think About Us is nice and bops but it’s safe , generic and lifeless tbh . Strip is not only a bop but it’s full of personality has a message and represents them a lot more as a group. Sure it’s a bit of a risk as a single but I think they are able to take risks at this point in there career . ( And I think it would be a risk that would pay off personally and would do well )!

+Quote Post
post Nov 21 2018, 11:59 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(SweetButJonjo👻 @ Nov 21 2018, 10:25 PM) *
Yeah. They're surely big enough now, that if they had a Brits performance they could promote their current single as opposed to a song that was released so many months ago?

WLM won’t actually sell enough to be nominated for best single anyway oops.

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Nov 22 2018, 02:16 AM
Post #16
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

Strip definitely!!

Think About Us is a bop but it didn’t stand out on the album for me. And Strip is clearly the girls fave and it’s set to go top 40 this week too I wish the label at least gave it a chance to be a single. Difference is good it’s what made it stand out.

I also feel The Cure or Monster In Me would’ve pushed album sales better too. Think About Us will be a hit but it’s not too different sounding to Woman Like Me it’s a shame a strong albums having poor single choices.

+Quote Post
xan
post Nov 22 2018, 11:36 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 42,530
   No Gallery Pics

Definitely Think About Us! Strip is slowly growing on me, but TAU is the real gem in this album.

This post has been edited by xan: Nov 22 2018, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
JulianNial
post Nov 22 2018, 01:09 PM
Post #18
Julian Nial
Member No.: 18,454
   No Gallery Pics

Strip, since that's what the girls wanted and I get the feeling that it was a last minute Label decision to push 'Think About Us', however maybe wise? I'd like to have seen them push the boundaries with Strip, Think About Us as much as it's a bop. It's generic as hell and sounds like a continuation of the Glory Day's singles, which is not what they should be going for. Monster In Me and Wasabi next please!

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Nov 22 2018, 07:46 PM
Post #19
Break the tension
Member No.: 51

Maybe what they really should have done is kept 'Is Your Love Enough?' for this album and used that instead?

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Nov 22 2018, 07:50 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 223

Strip, after initially thinking wtf I absolutely love it. It gives me an up to date "Move" vibe which is one of my fave singles by them. Think About Us is good but v generic and doesn't show a different side to them, I actually think they might have played it TOO safe with that and it'll not do as well as expected.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:19 PM