BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Catch, New ABC/TGIT Show
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Qween
post Mar 27 2016, 01:31 PM
Post #1
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

So ABC's new Thursday night show, part of the Shonda empire, but not with the same day to day involvement from the lady herself premiered Thursday. It's much lighter in tone than the other 3 and just a RIOT, based on the pilot anyway. There's one scene in particular, soundtracked by Fireball by Pitbull which is one of the most fun and best executed sequences I've seen in any TV show this season. The leads are both brilliant and have fabulous chemistry. Mireille Enos in particular totally owns every scene she's in.

It's not started off the best ratings wise, a dismal 1.3 (though that still ranks as ABC's third highest rated drama of the week, yes ABC is in a dire way) but even if it's a one season and done, if it keeps up this quality it could go down as something VERY SPECIAL indeed.

Also, for Silas, it reminds me a lot of USA drama's circa 2007.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
p a v
post Mar 28 2016, 06:01 AM
Post #2
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

Ooh I noticed this show too and it's on my list. Probably DoA with these ratings and ABC aren't exactly known for having a lot of decent watchable shows these days so they might as well keep this one if it's really good

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Jan 19 2017, 11:27 PM
Post #3
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

I'm halfway through this and it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be? It's pretty fun. Season 2 will apparently be less case-of-the-week.

+Quote Post
Qween
post Jan 20 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #4
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

I thought it was jolly good fun, but then the chemistry between the leads is brilliant and I do love a good case of the week from time to time so I don't mind at all. Not everything has to be uber serialised.

+Quote Post
PaPa Ri
post Jan 21 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #5
JanWasRobbed
Member No.: 8,335

Okay now that I've watched the entire season 1, I do understand why some people don't like it. It's a bit over the top and some actions are insensible, but it's still quite the guilty pleasure.

Season 2 Trailer

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:46 PM