BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Christina Aguilera - Liberation, 8th album | includes Accelerate
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post 4th March 2019, 10:53 AM
Post #181
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Xtine has announced a UK and Europe tour for summer/autumn! I have no interest in hearing her perform anything from this album but I would love to see her live! Her first UK tour in 12 years! ohmy.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
vibe
post 4th March 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #182
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I am excited for the tour.

i hope the prices are not stupid.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 5th March 2019, 01:47 AM
Post #183
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116

I literally gasped when I seen this so shocked but I need tickets.

TBH I can see prices being fare. I don’t think demand will be that high tbh well not at Pink/Ariana level.

Wonder if new material will out before the tour. Liberation will be like 18 months old by then.

Good to see some promo outside the US though. I hope it goes well for her heart.gif

+Quote this post
vibe
post 6th March 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #184
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

I got two tickets today row 8 block a2 .

Including booking fee this come to £231 pounds .

+Quote this post
___∆___
post 7th March 2019, 10:19 PM
Post #185
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,155

Got front row in block A4! Nearly passed out when they came up in the pre-sale dance.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 7th March 2019, 10:22 PM
Post #186
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Took a few goes in the presale this morning but I managed to nab 2 tickets for London, so excited!!!

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th June 2019, 01:16 PM
Post #187
Group icon
Jord

I’m going to Manchester ALONE!

Nervous but excited is anyone else going to that date on here smile.gif.

I’m from Newcastle but I’ve been spontaneous today and bought myself tickets.

Also Liberation the album is already one year old!! Who’d have thought that. It’s went SO quickly.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 18th June 2019, 01:16 PM

+Quote this post
tommie
post 18th June 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #188
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jun 18 2019, 01:16 PM) *
I’m going to Manchester ALONE!

LOL, you make it seem so SCANDALOUS!

We all sleep alone aye pirate.gif

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th June 2019, 05:06 PM
Post #189
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(tommie @ Jun 18 2019, 03:41 PM) *
LOL, you make it seem so SCANDALOUS!

We all sleep alone aye pirate.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I’m such a please come with me type person but with this nobody seemed even remotely interested in coming with me so I thought im
Just gonna do it! I’m so excited though. I listened to Liberation in full today and I think it’s better than Lotus to be fair.

Deserve remains my favourite.

+Quote this post
tommie
post 18th June 2019, 07:25 PM
Post #190
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jun 18 2019, 05:06 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I’m such a please come with me type person but with this nobody seemed even remotely interested in coming with me so I thought im
Just gonna do it! I’m so excited though. I listened to Liberation in full today and I think it’s better than Lotus to be fair.

Deserve remains my favourite.

laugh.gif I actually love going to shows alone because that's when the craziest things tend to happen.

I actually own the physical copy of Lotus but the unowned copy in my folders says "FLOPTUS" and I haven't got the heart to change it.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th June 2019, 07:31 PM
Post #191
Group icon
Jord

QUOTE(tommie @ Jun 18 2019, 08:25 PM) *
laugh.gif I actually love going to shows alone because that's when the craziest things tend to happen.

I actually own the physical copy of Lotus but the unowned copy in my folders says "FLOPTUS" and I haven't got the heart to change it.

Am I right in thinking that Lotus leaked before release? I have a copy of it in my folders and the actual CD.

At the time it came out I was SEETHING that Blank Page wasn’t given single treatment.

I might have to give it a full listen again in the week tbh. I listen to Stripped and Bionic the most.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 18th June 2019, 07:32 PM

+Quote this post
tommie
post 18th June 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #192
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jun 18 2019, 07:31 PM) *
Am I right in thinking that Lotus leaked before release? I have a copy of it in my folders and the actual CD.

Yes, Floptus "leaked" before release, like most albums do.

The album bombed on it's own merits though - it's like when Cyndi Lauper released Bring Ya To The Brink - album that deserves success, but since no one is interested, well... Your Body bombed and the album bombed.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 18th June 2019, 11:42 PM
Post #193
Group icon
Jord

I think promo / lack of public awareness is a huge part of why her last two albums didn’t do too good outside the US.

You could even say the same about Bionic too tbh I know that went to #1 but it’s iconic second week drop / Chart run was probably not what she wanted.

I’m hopeful this tour will ensure she gets back the drive she had for promo with her first three albums whenever X7/ CA7 comes along

+Quote this post
tommie
post 19th June 2019, 03:23 AM
Post #194
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Jun 18 2019, 11:42 PM) *
I think promo / lack of public awareness is a huge part of why her last two albums didn’t do too good outside the US.

You could even say the same about Bionic too tbh I know that went to #1 but it’s iconic second week drop / Chart run was probably not what she wanted.

I’m hopeful this tour will ensure she gets back the drive she had for promo with her first three albums whenever X7/ CA7 comes along

*shrug* People tend to compare everyone to Madonna when in all honesty, having her chart run is pretty unique. Most artists aren't like her and Christina's career turned out to be more like Cyndi Laupers. If anything, her albums still going top ten/forty is decent enough.

With that said - she better do Hurt instead of a gospel song.

This post has been edited by tommie: 19th June 2019, 03:24 AM

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 20th June 2019, 08:49 AM
Post #195
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

tbh you can't blame promo in the US... i mean i know for the last album she dedicated promo to the Voice only but it still has a large audience and she performed tracks from it like every night

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 7th November 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #196
Group icon
Jord

I listened to this today and it’s definitely a better than Lotus as I said a few months ago it’s much more like album and feels like it’s more natural to her and it’s probably more consistent than Bionic too but with less high highs. This sort of feels like a natural follow up to Stripped laugh.gif it has a a throwback type sound but not a dated one. She deserved so much better with this album!

Unless It’s With You is so lush heart.gif

Deserve is my favourite but Pipe has really grown too. Did we ever find out who XNDA was it’s strongly rumoured to be Lewis Hamilton but was never confirmed. It’s a really underrated album though I was hoping it might re enter the charts with the UK tour effect but feel Stripped will probably have the biggest effect as that album has all her signature stuff on it minus Genie.

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: 7th November 2019, 06:05 PM

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 7th November 2019, 07:18 PM
Post #197
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

To be honest I haven't listened to this album as of yet because I simply weren't impressed with the singles "Accelerate" was an awful comeback single - too much going on & yet not enough at the same time if that makes any sense, & feels like its building towards something, then NOTHING... "Fall In Line" was very forgettable, even the promo single did nothing for me.

Haven't been excited for a XTina release in a long time, her last couple of albums "Bionic" & "Lotus" - just weren't up to scratch (the former had some decent moments) but overall very MEH!. So don't think I'll be checking out "Liberation" any time soon...

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 15th June 2020, 03:05 PM
Post #198
Group icon
Jord

Two years old already!!

This album is still kinda fresh sounding whilst throwback sounding at the same time for me. I love her voice too id say it’s perhaps her most underproduced album in terms of her vocals.

The album still kinda flows really well. I don’t think it has major standouts the way her other eras do but it doesn’t have much major lows either. I keep thinking this would’ve really worked as a Stripped follow up laugh.gif

Anyone yet to rediscover this album Id definitely suggest a listen to this! Nina it’s a shame you feel that way I do kinda get where you’re coming from but I’d say one strength Xtina has is that she’s quite versatile and if you listen to her albums none are really similar to one another so whilst you may not like the sound from one era another one may be more for you. For me this is definitely better than Lotus and I’d also say it’s more cohesive than Bionic although like I said previously it lacks major highs but it doesn’t have any lows it’s like solid throughout.

+Quote this post
Slick
post 15th June 2020, 03:19 PM
Post #199
Group icon
electric butterflies
Pronouns: he/him
User: 70

I'm not a huge fan of this album, however I got to see her live in New York (!!!) when she was touring this, so it will always hold special memories for me.

My faves are 'Sick of Sittin', 'Deserve', 'Twice' and 'Unless It's With You'. Her voices SHINES on a ballad.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post 29th July 2020, 04:28 PM
Post #200
Group icon
Jord

Lewis Hamilton has confirmed that he was XNDA all along on Pipe from this album.

+Quote this post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 27th April 2024, 04:30 PM