BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OSCARS 2017: Best Original Song & Score
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Feb 19 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

The nominees are:
"Audition (The Fools Who Dream)" from La La Land – Music by Justin Hurwitz, Lyric by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
"Can't Stop the Feeling!" from Trolls – Music and Lyric by Justin Timberlake, Max Martin, and Karl Johan Schuster (Shellback)
"City of Stars" from La La Land – Music by Justin Hurwitz, Lyric by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul
"The Empty Chair" from Jim: The James Foley Story – Music and Lyric by J. Ralph and Sting
"How Far I'll Go" from Moana – Music and Lyric by Lin-Manuel Miranda

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

The nominees are:
Jackie – Mica Levi
La La Land – Justin Hurwitz
Lion – Dustin O'Halloran and Hauschka
Moonlight – Nicholas Britell
Passengers – Thomas Newman

What do you think will win? Who would you like to win? How many of these have you seen so far? What actresses are you sad about missing the cut? Discuss anything you like!!

Other discussions
Best Picture
Best Lead Actress
Best Lead Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Director
Best Animated Film
Best Original & Adapted Screenplay

This post has been edited by Josh.: Feb 19 2017, 08:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 19 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Original score is 100% La La Land.

Best original song though... I can't call it. I don't think it's as obvious as 'City Of Stars' winning. Especially now that 'Audition' is in the running. I'd love CSTF to win, but I would actually prefer 'How Far I'll Go' to do it, just coz it's less of a traditional pop song and more of a movie song! (If that makes sense haha)

Such a great set of nominations though! Not heard the Sting song, but the other 4 are outstanding!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Feb 19 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #3
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I do not want "City of Stars" to do it, I'm not really a fan. "Another Day Of Sun" is the song I've gone back to the most from La La Land.

"How Far I'll Go" PLEASE, it took me by surprise the first time I heard it and really helped to elevate the movie, it's beautiful. I love "Can't Stop The Feeling" too, but that's already had plenty of success in the charts so let's spread the love x

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 19 2017, 09:35 PM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I do think City of Stars has song wrapped up, I can't really picture anything else winning on the night. I agree with Jahq that the two nominees weren't even the best from the film though, I adored 'Another Day of Sun' and 'Someone in the Crowd' and even 'A Lovely Night' would be way ahead for me. I'd love for JT to win for the pure joy it is but I think it did a good job getting nominated really. Would've been nice to see 'You're Welcome' nominated for Moana too and I was hoping 'The Great Beyond' from Sausage Party would have a chance of getting in too.

La La Land has the score Oscar already in the bag for sure and it is definitely deserving of it, it was one of my favourite parts in the film so whilst I'm a bit annoyed it's going to win so many Oscars, that is one that I really cannot deny. I know a lot of people weren't really appreciative of the score in Jackie but that is the only one that actually really stood out to me from the other nominees so that would be my second choice.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 19 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #5
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

City of Stars is a total non event of a song, at least Audition has a bit of a change of power in it.

Although I want JT to take this.

Nocturnal Animals not being up for Score is a crime, the music added so much to the film.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Feb 19 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #6
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

'City Of Stars' is so simple, but the melody is unforgettable! And that is it's charm, imo. 'A Lovely Night' is my fave from the songs though so I'm sad that hasn't been given any recognition. 'Someone In the Crowd' is probably my least fave. It's still very good though.

Looking forward to the performances of these songs, although I'm sad it's John Legend doing both the La La Land songs on the night. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Feb 20 2017, 12:47 AM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

I would love Moonlight to surprise and take Best Original Score.

The music absolutely made the film spectacular.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 20 2017, 10:07 AM
Post #8
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Feb 19 2017, 11:08 PM) *
'City Of Stars' is so simple, but the melody is unforgettable! And that is it's charm, imo. 'A Lovely Night' is my fave from the songs though so I'm sad that hasn't been given any recognition. 'Someone In the Crowd' is probably my least fave. It's still very good though.

Looking forward to the performances of these songs, although I'm sad it's John Legend doing both the La La Land songs on the night. sad.gif

The only thing I rememebr about it is that I like Ryan's singing voice laugh.gif No memory of melody or lyrics.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Feb 20 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #9
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

How Far I'll Go >>>>>>>>>>>>

The La La Land songs are bland af

+Quote Post
Soy Adrián
post Feb 20 2017, 02:51 PM
Post #10
I'm so lonely, I paid a hobo to spoon with me
Member No.: 10,596

Can't call it, but disappointed that 'Drive It Like You Stole It' or maybe 'Up' from Sing Street weren't nominated.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:08 AM