BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> LM5: First Impressions Rate - Results, Kicking Off Now | The Cure to Think About for the next week.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 5 2018, 04:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
You guys have been rating Little Mix's latest album, LM5, over the past couple of weeks and its now time for the results of your initial impression cheer.gif

What do you think will win? What will underperform? What song will get the wooden spoon? Predict & hype away

18 & 17 are upcoming in the next 20 mins or so!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Theonix
post Dec 5 2018, 05:21 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661
"Motivate" and "Notice" to flop

"Forget You Not" to slay

"Wasabi" mid-table

Bye x

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Dec 5 2018, 05:30 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608
Here for a 'Wasabi' or 'Forget You Not' win. cheer.gif

'The Cure (Stripped)' for last place pls, swiftly followed by 'Told You So'.

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 5 2018, 06:05 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
I'm imagining

Top:
Wasabi
Forget You Not
Monster In Me

High:
Woman Like Me
Think About Us
American Boy
The Cure

Mid:
Strip
Joan Of Arc
More Than Words
Motivate
Notice
Only You

Low:
The National Manthem
Love A Girl Right
Told You So
The Cure (Stripped)

Bottom:
Woman's World

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 5 2018, 06:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
18. The National Manthem

Average: 6.06

High Scores: 8 - Mr Loverboy, ShindyMindy
Low Scores: 3 - Calum, 4 - Harry, Lee

In last place, we have the intro to LM5 (& obvs the shortest track on the album), 'The National Manthem'.

I wish this was a full track as I love this as an intro but as there wasn't much to go off from what we got. I'm not the biggest fan of intro as they either leave me wanting more usually or they're forgettable & I never return to them (the last two intro's I remember stanning are Mad House by Rihanna & The Best Part by Meghan Trainor, the latter issa bop x). This got so many average scores (mostly between 5 and 7) with a couple of 11's and a couple of 4's + a 3. Anyway this was acc pretty close to snatching 17th place, which would've been a very successful result for a track that's only an intro!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 5 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #6
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
17. The Cure (Stripped)

Average: 6.14

High Scores: 9 - Calum & Theo, 8.5 - UltraReputation
Low Scores: 1 - Mr Loverboy, 4 - Doug, ShindyMindy

Just beating the intro is the first of the four deluxe tracks to pop up which is the stripped back version of The Cure.

Ugh I love this song so so much and it deserves way better than this!! I did think this would at least avoid the bottom 3 and this def deserves higher than some of the songs still to come. The original is probs my fave on the album and even tho the stripped back version isn't anywhere near as good as the original, it's a beautiful interpretation of the track, the girls vocals shine & as a deluxe track it's fine. This had scores ranging from really high to average to low haha, so really a mixed bag amongst y'all! Tho an average +6 is nothing to be snuffed at. Also this has one of the haters from the last song posted joining the lovers category whilst both the lovers for The National Manthem switch to the haters section for this one!!

+Quote this post
Jade
post Dec 5 2018, 06:27 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
'Only You' should be last tbh but that's a totally acceptable bottom 2 nevertheless.

'Joan of Arc' should be slaying this but it seems to be very marmite so I'm expecting mid-table at best sad.gif 'Wasabi' to win out of realistic contenders!

+Quote this post
post Dec 5 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Neither of those two are shockers at all.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 5 2018, 11:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
I expected 'The Cure (Stripped)' to do better but it's definitely my pick for last place out of the full songs. It just feels so unnecessary to strip it back so much; usually artists do that to highlight the emotion in a song, but the original does that anyway. I also don't think they sound very good together in the chorus.

Compare it to the acoustic version of 'Touch' and you see how one works and the other doesn't.

+Quote this post
-0-0
post Dec 5 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #10
Group icon
🙄
User: 10,643
QUOTE(JerdNoseReindeer @ Dec 5 2018, 06:27 PM) *
'Only You' should be last tbh but that's a totally acceptable bottom 2 nevertheless.

'Joan of Arc' should be slaying this but it seems to be very marmite so I'm expecting mid-table at best sad.gif 'Wasabi' to win out of realistic contenders!

Only You belongs top five

+Quote this post
MrLoverboy
post Dec 5 2018, 11:53 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 22,989
Only You (Stripped) is a mess after we got that beautiful Touch rendition for Glory Days. This "stripped" version should have been a spotify thing only if it became a single to help boost streams. It didn't deserve a place on the album.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 6 2018, 12:49 AM
Post #12
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
16. Love A Girl Right

Average: 6.81

High Scores: 10 - defaze. 9 - leonagwen & Theo.
Low Scores: 3 - UltraReputation

Next at #16, we have probably a shock, well for me at least I think it is. 'Love A Girl Right' finishes in 16th.

The song, which samples 'Thong Song' *_*, is very "strong filler from the 'Salute' era" for me. So maybe it's not that surprising after all, but I definitely expected it to have more fans. It reminds me of 'About The Boy' for some reason. The sample is really infectious and it's got a catchy hook, however, in comparison to the rest of the album I feel like it's the most fillery of them all? Nothing wrong with filler as strong as this though ofc.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Dec 6 2018, 12:59 AM
Post #13
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
15. Notice

Average: 6.97

High Scores: 9 - UltraReputation, Jade
Low Scores: 3 - Haz

Up next is the retro-y mid tempo ballad, 'Notice'.

A song which I overmarked with a "7" I feel. But that's the beauty of these "first impressions" rates. It's a sultry and sexy number, one that I feel is like the older sister to 'FU' from 'Glory Days'. It's ok for the most part, but I dunno, with more listens it's starting to grate on me a lil. It's definitely the weakest on the album for me.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post Dec 6 2018, 01:01 AM
Post #14
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
Bye forgettable girl right x Idk why I gave notice as high as a 9, I really like it don't get me wrong but it'd be more like 7.5 or 8 maximum now from me!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Dec 6 2018, 10:14 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
No shocks so far really, I'm surprised at how well Woman's World is but that's only because it was my lowest rated track and really none of the tracks are bad anyway.

+Quote this post
post Dec 6 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
14 Told You So

Average:7.23

High Scores: 10 - Calum
Low Scores: 4 - Lee

I....don't love this. When I heard it was a song written by Raye and MNEK I was like 'ok girls, we're going to get a bop!'. Instead it's kind of like their very own Little Things (with admittedly a slightly cuter sentiment). All in all, this is too saccharine for me and possibly my least favourite on the album and it was very lucky to get a 7 from me. thank u, next.
Big

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 6 2018, 03:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
Aw I like Told You So! It's like their version of Girl by Destiny's Child. Such a supportive song, it's like listening to genuine conversation. I guess I can see why people would find it too sweet but I think it's executed just right.

Random but what's with the... random ellipsis you keep using Joe? tongue.gif I notice it's used by everyone at Popjustice but I just don't get it haha

+Quote this post
post Dec 6 2018, 03:29 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(liamk97 @ Dec 6 2018, 03:07 PM) *
Random but what's with the... random ellipsis you keep using Joe? tongue.gif I notice it's used by everyone at Popjustice but I just don't get it haha

I don't know, I guess it's just a random trend that I've subconsciously picked up. I like it, it feels kind of conversational. Sorry, if it's annoying I'll try cut down as much as i can! ...

+Quote this post
Defaze
post Dec 6 2018, 03:34 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608
'Love a Girl Right' is criminally low. I don't think I'd rate it a 10 now after spamming the album for a few weeks, but I'd still place it ahead of a good majority of the tracklist.

I really like 'Notice' too, but it is pretty forgettable. 'Told You So' bowing out early looks about right. It's cute but unspectacular.

'Strip' out next tbh (or Woman's World).

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Dec 6 2018, 03:41 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
QUOTE(Joeflake @ Dec 6 2018, 03:29 PM) *
I don't know, I guess it's just a random trend that I've subconsciously picked up. I like it, it feels kind of conversational. Sorry, if it's annoying I'll try cut down as much as i can! ...

Aw no don't worry I wasn't suggesting you should stop, sorry if it came across like it was a bad thing. Just something I had noticed particularly on Popjustice (they use that "ddddd" thing which I'm even more confused at). I'm just slow on forum talk and trends!

+Quote this post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:27 AM