BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Extended mixes
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
dandy*
post Mar 1 2021, 05:20 PM
Post #1
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

I love me a good extended version of a track so I thought I'd start a topic where we could discuss our favourite ones.

Unfortunately you don't get them as often these days but you used to often get extended versions of singles if you bought the 12" of something and they would essentially be slight reworkings of the original version. They're still my favourite types of mixes, you don't get a new take on the track but you often do get a good insight on the many layers that go into making a song as they built and deconstruct over the course of the song.

So which are your favourite ones? I'm always particularly impressed by the extended versions of It's a Sin:

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 1 2021, 05:50 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

QUOTE(dandy* @ Mar 1 2021, 05:20 PM) *
They're still my favourite types of mixes, you don't get a new take on the track but you often do get a good insight on the many layers that go into making a song as they built and deconstruct over the course of the song.

Yep, this is the perfect explanation for what extended mixes can offer!

Madonna immediately springs to mind for this one! I probably play the 12-inch version of 'Vogue' as much as I do the original:

Not really an extended mix as this was the original that was then cut down, but I love this version of 'Ray of Light' with its full ending:

Also, I'm pretty sure this is fake (this probably belongs in the 2000s thread ph34r.gif but it could have been created in 1999) but I ADORE this extended mix of Kylie's 'Light Years':

+Quote Post
dandy*
post Mar 1 2021, 07:56 PM
Post #3
Mansonette
Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 54
   No Gallery Pics

Oh all three of those are excellent choices Liam. Light Years is definitely one of Kylie’s best album tracks.

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Mar 1 2021, 07:58 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

Trevor Horn produced some great 12 inch singles for his ZTT acts. Here's Two Tribes:

+Quote Post
Bjork
post Mar 2 2021, 12:52 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,665
   No Gallery Pics

I remember being obsessed with this 12 minute Tiesto remix of Silence back in the day

Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan - Silence (Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise Remix)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM