BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Anime, Fall 2023: AoT finale i guess
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
thomas121
post Oct 29 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #21
Group icon
New Entry
User: 12,160
I love to watch animes tv series and i mostly like to watch King of the Hill. This is an amazing anime tv series that i like to watch.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post May 2 2013, 01:00 AM
Post #22
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335
I'm just bringing this up hoping to find more anime fans on here.

This is what I've watched so far:

Excellent
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Hyōka
Naruto / Naruto Shippūden
Psycho-Pass
Steins;Gate

Great
Code Geass
Hellsing / Hellsing Ultimate
Sword Art Online

Alright
Is This a Zombie? / Is This a Zombie? of the Dead
Neon Genesis Evangelion

On my to-watch list:

Attack on Titan
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hunter x Hunter
One Piece (if I find the courage)
Shiki
Wolf's Rain

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post May 2 2013, 11:45 AM
Post #23
Group icon
User: 13,007
Death Note is one of my favourite TV series ever, never mind my favourite Anime. Had me gripped from start to end like nothing else. I've been meaning to go through the mammoth One Piece but don't really have the energy or time to do so right now (i cheaply watched Paranoia Agent instead just because it's so short and snappy!)

I would like to start a new one after i'm done with the shows i'm watching atm, so i'll be sure to get recommendations from here biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Aug 1 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,030
Love anime! Really hooked on Naruto for the moment. It finally stopped with all the fillers and is delivering some really great episodes! I've also watched Yu-Gi-Oh/One Piece (need to catch up though)/Shaman King/DBZ/Sailer Moon/Fairytale/Bleach and a bunch more. It's literally taken over my life recently. It's also a great way to learn Japanese lol!

This post has been edited by Envoirment: Aug 1 2013, 11:09 AM

+Quote this post
p a v
post Aug 1 2013, 11:41 AM
Post #25
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397
I remember being obsessed with wanting to learn how to draw manga haha. So random. I don't mind anime but never really GOT it. Like I love and watched Death Note and Pokemon (not all series, just a couple) but that's about it really.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Aug 1 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #26
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
I'm watching Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) at the moment, I really like it.

The thing with anime I like the most is that most of them are well thought-out from the beginning, in contrast to most TV series who are made up as they go along. There are no limits to what the plot can be about since they're drawings and usually you get all episodes with no weekly breaks, so if an anime has 52 episodes you'll get them in a year, whereas it may take many years for a normal TV series to get to the same number of episodes.

Plus, once you're very used to watching anime, you don't even notice they're animated.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Aug 2 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #27
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
My current anime watch list is as follows:

Space Brothers - a show about a man who tries to follow his younger brother into NASA's space program.
Blood Lad - a Japanese culture-obsessed vampire gang leader from another dimension stumbles across a girl from our world and accidently causes her to become a ghost. Hilarity ensures as he tries to recover her body.
Attack On Titan - a walled city is under attack from brainless, man-eating giants. Quite scary by any standards.
Servant x Service - a slice-of-life show about three people working in the civil service
Silver Spoon - a slice-of-life show about a city boy who starts learning at an agricultural college
Watamote - a slice-of-life show about a painfully, hilariously socially awkward girl.
The World God Only Knows - A nerdy boy who likes playing virtual dating games is forced by a cute demon to make real girls fall in love with him in order to send loose souls back to hell. Believe me, it does make sense.
Dog & Scissors - a book-obsessed teen is shot by a robber, and is resurrected as a dog. He is adopted by his favourite writer, the only person who can hear his thoughts, and together, they fight crime.

Some recent anime series that are worth watching include:
Psycho-Pass - relentlessly dark psychological show about a futuristic police force. Think Minority Report, only darker and bloodier.
Steins;Gate - sci-fi show about a ragtag group who invent a time machine using a microwave.
Tiger & Bunny - In the future, humans called NEXT have developed superpowers? The world's logical response? To give them a TV show where they score points for catching badguys, complete with sponsorship for the heroes.
Bodacious Space Pirates - a teenage girl discovers she has been made the captain of a pirate ship. In space. Hilarity ensues.
Humanity Has Declined - Absolutely bonkers show about a future where humanity is dying out to be replaced by 'fairies', small creatures with fixed grins who are scientifically light years ahead of humans and love sweets. Some people who take part in Unknown Pleasures might be familiar with the theme tune by Nano.Ripe.
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! - Satan is about to take over an alternate universe when he is accidentally sent to modern day Japan. Without enough power to return, he ends up working in McDonalds in an attempt to take over our world. Hilarity ensures.

And before you ask, yes, I'm single.

+Quote this post
post Aug 5 2013, 01:17 AM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,513
QUOTE(HausofDrips @ May 2 2013, 07:45 AM) *
Death Note is one of my favourite TV series ever, never mind my favourite Anime. Had me gripped from start to end like nothing else. I've been meaning to go through the mammoth One Piece but don't really have the energy or time to do so right now (i cheaply watched Paranoia Agent instead just because it's so short and snappy!)

I would like to start a new one after i'm done with the shows i'm watching atm, so i'll be sure to get recommendations from here biggrin.gif

Paranoia Agent! Classic.

+Quote this post
HausofKubrick
post Aug 7 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #29
Group icon
User: 13,007
I still have absolutely NO idea what happened in that second season but it's all the more wonderful for it!

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Sep 26 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Just finished the final episode of Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club. It needs to come back for a 2nd season!! sob.gif

I didn't think I would like it, but I got hooked. Such a great little anime series.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 26 2013, 04:21 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
QUOTE(Envoirment @ Sep 26 2013, 05:04 PM) *
Just finished the final episode of Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club. It needs to come back for a 2nd season!! sob.gif

I didn't think I would like it, but I got hooked. Such a great little anime series.

I didn't get around to watching it. From what I understand, it's a "reverse harum", with lots of attractive male characters rather than female typical in anime.

Another great one from this season was "The Eccentric Family". It takes a few episodes to get up to speed with what's going on (and the 1st episode is particularly WTF-worthy, even for a seasoned anime fan like myself), but its a cracking, fun series about tanuki with lots of great moments.

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Sep 26 2013, 08:16 PM
Post #32
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Sep 26 2013, 05:21 PM) *
I didn't get around to watching it. From what I understand, it's a "reverse harum", with lots of attractive male characters rather than female typical in anime.

Another great one from this season was "The Eccentric Family". It takes a few episodes to get up to speed with what's going on (and the 1st episode is particularly WTF-worthy, even for a seasoned anime fan like myself), but its a cracking, fun series about tanuki with lots of great moments.

Sort of, but the guys aren't interested in any girls. There's a bunch of gay vibes at times between the main male characters, which is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. kink.gif

I'll add it to my list to watch! I've got lots of spare time now that my obsession with league of legends has dwindled. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Sep 26 2013, 08:50 PM
Post #33
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
If you have spare time, then make sure to watch as much as you can (although I admit I'm slightly biased on the anime front). Aside from the list that I posted a few weeks ago, you should check out (if you haven't already):

Chihayafuru - ostensibly a show about a teen who is obsessed with become a karuta champion (an intense Japanese card game), it is about much more than that, including friendships, passion, and the needs of others. Definitely a keeper.
Sword Art Online - this has been hit and miss for some people, but it was one of the breakout hits of last year. 10,000 people get trapped inside a RPG that will kill them in real life if they die in the game. The series follows the adventures of 2 of them as they battle to reach floor 100 and free those trapped.
Squid Girl - a girl from the sea comes up to the surface to take over the world to avenge the humans who have polluted the sea. She fails, and is forced to work in a beach side restaurant.
Nichijou - hard to explain, except to say that it's bloody mental, but downright hilarious:

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Sep 26 2013, 09:00 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Sep 26 2013, 09:50 PM) *
If you have spare time, then make sure to watch as much as you can (although I admit I'm slightly biased on the anime front). Aside from the list that I posted a few weeks ago, you should check out (if you haven't already):

Chihayafuru - ostensibly a show about a teen who is obsessed with become a karuta champion (an intense Japanese card game), it is about much more than that, including friendships, passion, and the needs of others. Definitely a keeper.
Sword Art Online - this has been hit and miss for some people, but it was one of the breakout hits of last year. 10,000 people get trapped inside a RPG that will kill them in real life if they die in the game. The series follows the adventures of 2 of them as they battle to reach floor 100 and free those trapped.
Squid Girl - a girl from the sea comes up to the surface to take over the world to avenge the humans who have polluted the sea. She fails, and is forced to work in a beach side restaurant.
Nichijou - hard to explain, except to say that it's bloody mental, but downright hilarious:

Thanks a bunch. Also, laugh.gif @ Nichijou. My friend showed me parts of it before and it looks very funny. Will start watching some of those tomorrow, as I have the day off. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 20 2013, 09:33 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
Another one to add to the recommendations list:

Hanasaku Iroha - Series about a girl who goes to work at an inn house run by her estranged grandmother after her mother skips town with her latest boyfriend. Whether you like the series or not will come down to whether you like Ohana, the protagonist of the series, who can best be described as 'irritatingly endearing'.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Oct 20 2013, 10:01 PM
Post #36
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
I'm watching Clannad these days. If you're into the "slice of life" genre, you should totally watch it.

Is anyone on MyAnimeList.net? They let you make a list of the anime you're watching/you've watched/plan to watch etc, you can also rate them.

My list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/thomastheo

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 20 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
I never checked out Clannad, mainly because I didn't like the title, which reminded me of that Irish band who did 'Theme From Harry's Game' (which is now better known as 'Saltwater' by Chicane).

And I'd never came across that MyAnimeList before, thanks. I might have to input all my viewsies into that.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post Oct 20 2013, 11:12 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
A quick MyAnimeList list. I didn't realise I'd watched so much, and I still think there's at least 10 series that I've forgotten about: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cmcbride

+Quote this post
Envoirment
post Oct 20 2013, 11:19 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Oo, just joined animelist! http://myanimelist.net/profile/envoirment

I added you guys too if that's ok? happy.gif

Time to sort out what I've watched!

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post Oct 21 2013, 09:42 AM
Post #40
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
Higashi no Eden sounds incredible, I have to watch it. I'm a little worried you liked Akira, though. It's SUCH a mess!

Envoirment, are you from the future? ohmy.gif I'm pretty sure Naruto Shippuuden #335 hasn't aired yet laugh.gif

+Quote this post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:14 AM