BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
19 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EastEnders
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post Aug 22 2019, 03:21 PM
Post #221
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 14,031
   No Gallery Pics

I hope the new family can be successful and the writers have the characters planned out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Aug 22 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #222
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Bianca and Lisa are back the first week of September! cheer.gif Spoilers for that week have me hyped!

+Quote Post
pippa
post Aug 22 2019, 06:23 PM
Post #223
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I like both Bianca and Lisa but I am more excited for Lisa as i think the storyline potential is much bigger.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 22 2019, 09:14 PM
Post #224
Radical Pink Troll
Member No.: 177
   No Gallery Pics

So I guess all of Mel’s family from the 90s all died in the past 20 years if Hunter is her only relative. She just can’t catch a break.

Mick is so awful, I know I keep saying it. But seriously, why would you hide panic attacks? Answer why would you change a flickering lightbulb before switching it off?

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Aug 22 2019, 11:23 PM
Post #225
BuzzJack Legend

Did Bailey really just say "how did we afforded it?"?

What's with the incidental music recently? Sometimes it works but it's felt very Hollyoaks this week.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 23 2019, 08:48 PM
Post #226
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

I love Honey but I also love Mel’s absolute contempt for Honey whenever they share a scene.

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Aug 23 2019, 10:55 PM
Post #227
BuzzJack Legend

Brilliant performance from Tamzin tonight. Mel's return has been a waste but Tamzin has always put in her all into the role, particularly her relationship with Hunter which shone in those final scenes. I'll miss her when she goes.

I love how Rainie is still in pain from being kicked twice in the back about 5 weeks ago, yet Phil has is up and about absolutely fine following his attack couple of weeks back! laugh.gif

First teaser for the first week of September:

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 24 2019, 08:02 AM
Post #228
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

Tamzin is amazing and Mel is brilliant when she’s used. I knew they’d written her into a corner at New Year and the whole of her 2018 was a complete waste as she was mostly isolated from the rest of the cast. She does mix well when they let her, such a shame there’s not long left.

Hyped for her scenes with Lisa tho *.*

+Quote Post
King Rollo
post Aug 25 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #229
BuzzJack Gold Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,961
   No Gallery Pics

Just caught up,I never expected the wonderful 'Little Bear' by Guillemots to be played on Eastenders (on Thursday's episode while Bailey was looking through her telescope on the roof of the Queen Vic).

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Aug 26 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #230
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585

Kate Oates has come forward to say that she took it on herself to completely change Halfway’s storyline. She referred to him as a ‘blank canvas’ with not much known about him and he was originally going to have a pregnancy storyline with Whitney drama.gif so glad that didn’t surface laugh.gif
I’m glad that they’re now dedicating time to underused characters and giving some depth to them. I never would have found myself liking Stuart or Mitch a year ago.

+Quote Post
JosephStyles
post Aug 26 2019, 01:42 PM
Post #231
the doctor says i'm diagnosed with shit days and mistakes
Group: Chief Cow
Member No.: 13,530

Yeah this show's in a better state than it has been for a LONG time thanks to Kate Oates. It doesn't feel like anybody is a spare part right now and the Halfway and Bobby storylines in particular are among the most impactful and interesting storylines in recent years undoubtedly!

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 26 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #232
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

I read what Kate said and agree with her 100%. If they were going down a baby route, they may as well have not axed Lee.

She’s seen what she has to play with and what didn’t make sense and found a way. Whitney and Callum were boring and could have easily been axed. This is a much better story for Callum and hopefully the last time Whitney tries to get down the aisle.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Aug 26 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #233
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

The storyline has made Callum interesting, prior to this storyline he could have easily left without anyone noticing.
The storyline has made Callum, but Whitney has become less interesting as his relationship with Ben is far more intriguing to watch.

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 26 2019, 04:21 PM
Post #234
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

Whitney hasn’t been interesting for about 6 years but at least she isn’t a prize c**t anymore like she was a couple of years ago. I really rate Shona as an actress so I hope Kate has a plan for her too.

+Quote Post
Jordan Lee
post Aug 26 2019, 04:26 PM
Post #235
Jordan Lee
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Whitney to me has been wasted for a long time.

I’ve said this before somewhere but I think she’s Eastenders equivalent to Maria CS.

Her only stories revolved around her love life time and time again.

I’d like to see Whitney become a success and get driven into being a business woman after this story concludes.

But I wouldn’t miss her that much if she were to leave. I think she could be great in the west end.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Aug 26 2019, 04:40 PM
Post #236
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 10,139

Whitney is arguably one of the most dispensable characters in soap right now, as said every storyline is the same and it just ends up being her desperate to be a Stepford wife and it ending badly. She had two incredible storylines with her abuse and pimping but since the latter she's not really done anything and the character has definitely run her course, even with a family link back in Tiffany.

It has been said that Bianca's return stint starts a year-long story though so hopefully that's something for Whitney to do!

+Quote Post
lewistgreen
post Aug 26 2019, 05:04 PM
Post #237
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 19,585

HYPE. I legit hope Ben throws a massive spanner in the works and doesn’t just sit back and let them get married

+Quote Post
T Boy
post Aug 26 2019, 05:10 PM
Post #238
Radical Pink Troll
   No Gallery Pics

Whitney has better vow never to marry again after this because I’m I cannot sit through her organising ANOTHER wedding.

+Quote Post
pippa
post Aug 26 2019, 07:57 PM
Post #239
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Jordan Lee @ Aug 26 2019, 05:26 PM) *
Whitney to me has been wasted for a long time.

I’ve said this before somewhere but I think she’s Eastenders equivalent to Maria CS.

Her only stories revolved around her love life time and time again.

I’d like to see Whitney become a success and get driven into being a business woman after this story concludes.

But I wouldn’t miss her that much if she were to leave. I think she could be great in the west end.

The comparison is very true.
For either to leave either soap would not be a big loss.

+Quote Post
Medellíam
post Aug 26 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #240
BuzzJack Legend

I didn't understand why everyone was panicking before the fish tank burst so I rewatched the scene - I see there was a leak spraying out, although said leak was still spraying even after the tank burst! laugh.gif It also seemed like a lot of water compared to the size of the tank. Stunt of the year, I think not.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 04:10 PM