BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dying Light
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Dexton
post 30th October 2018, 01:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

I've always wanted to play this but never got around to it until today - saw it was cheap on the Humble Bundle site and got Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition (which is the original game plus a load of DLCs) for $19! I'm 2 hours in already and loving it so much, the parkour mechanics are reminiscent of Tomb Raider and are incredibly smooth. I love the open world infested with zombies too. I played State of Decay when that was first released but a lot of that was more base-building and basically quivering with fear everytime you saw multiple zombies from the permadeath threat laugh.gif I contemplated buying State of Decay 2 instead of this but I'm very happy with my decision.

The weapons system reminds me of Dead Rising and the safezones/skilltree/crafting aspects feel very Far Cry too (I think there's some herb injections or something I saw when I skimmed the skill tree earlier which is soooo Far Cry). It's like the best parts of all these different games combined together and it's not clunky at all! Very much expect myself to be addicted for this for at least the next few weeks

I saw that Dying Light 2 is coming out next year and the sneak peaks released so far look incredible *.* I love how choice-based games are the main thing right now what with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassins Creed Odyssey both being huge games right now with that gameplay mechanic.

This post has been edited by Hexton: 30th October 2018, 02:00 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 07:45 PM