BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 10 Years Of 'Umbrella'
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Apr 3 2017, 01:18 PM
Post #1
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

It's been more than 10 years since the release of Rih's 10 week long No.1 'Umbrella'! ohmy.gif It feels so weird this being out so long ago, I remember being OBSESSED with this back when it was out. I don't really go back to it these days but it's obviously a pop classic and deserved it's own thread *.*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Riser
post Apr 4 2017, 01:15 AM
Post #2
The horrors persist, but so do I
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 19,534

I very fondly remember hearing this for the first time! It sticks out in my memory because I'd just started my first job and it was one of those first few days at work that I heard Umbrella on the radio. I wasn't a chart follower at the time so I didn't discover just how huge of a hit it was for a couple more years!

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Apr 4 2017, 08:56 PM
Post #3
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

My favourite song of hers still wub.gif so many great memories with this song, an all-time favourite for sure.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Apr 8 2017, 12:13 PM
Post #4
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

A bonafide pop classic on all levels. One of the most prime examples of witnessing a popstar turn into a global phenomenon! Such an iconic era for her. I don't think I could ever tire from hearing this song so many times! wub.gif

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Apr 8 2017, 02:36 PM
Post #5
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

Still a truly fantastic pop song, and firmly in my top 3. It is definitely the one that put her into "global star" category.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Apr 10 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

It's hard to believe she was still a teenager - my age in fact - when she released this because it's just so huge. I know we have the likes of Shawn Mendes and Zara Larsson smashing it whilst still in their teens, but nothing they've released feels like it will match the bonafide classic status of 'Umbrella'. It's hard to say for definite which Rihanna song is my absolute favourite but I've definitely gone through times where I feel this is it. It just has the je ne sais quoi that allows you to listen to it on repeat and it still have the same, mind-blowing effect on you each time. I have strong memories of when this was released and it's quite hard to believe it has been 10 years.

I know that the Loud album was the 'it' era, where she was at her absolute peak and top of her game in regards to cultural impact, but I truly believe 'Umbrella' is her signature song. Everyone knows it and most people have heard about the "Rihanna curse" in regards to 'Umbrella' being responsible for the shit weather in summer 2007.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 13 2017, 03:37 PM
Post #7
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Feels like yesterday when this blew up tbh. I remember being at school and not being able to escape it.

Not one of my favourites by her but still good. Kinda prefer to listen to Mandy Moore's version these days.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Apr 14 2017, 08:19 PM
Post #8
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

I appreciate it for turning her next level but I've always found this really overrated. Amazing video tho..

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 15 2017, 02:05 PM
Post #9
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

10 years since 'Umbrella' wow!

I feel old. A true pop classic and the best song she did. An great video also.

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Apr 24 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #10
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM