BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rank The Singles From Unapologetic
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post Nov 27 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #1
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

11/10
1) Diamonds

10/10
2) Pour It Up

9/10
3) What Now
4) Right Now

7/10
5) Stay
6) Loveeeeee Song

2/10
7) Jump

I will never get the love for Jump omg. Every other single is at least good and the top 2 are incredible wub.gif Pour It Up is probably my second favourite of hers now, such an anthem *.*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Nov 27 2016, 02:47 PM
Post #2
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

1. Diamonds
2. Loveeeeeee Song
3. Stay
4. Pour It Up
5. What Now
6. Right Now
7. Jump

+Quote Post
...ready for it
post Nov 27 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #3
I'm not asleep, my mind is alive.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 1,454

1. Diamonds
2. Stay
3. Pour It Up
4. Right Now
5. Loveeeeee Song
6. Jump
7. What Now

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Nov 29 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

This was her real low point since she became a massive star, most of the tracks on the album are dreadful although at least she picked some alright singles.

1. Diamonds (not one I go back to much but it does sound great when I do and it was a deserved massive success for her)
2. Pour It Up (this is an underrated jam, love how sexy the song and video too are)
3. What Now (got one of those massive choruses that you can't help but enjoy, shame this wasn't a bigger hit)
4. Right Now (this is ok, a bit messy but it has that one catchy line, 'cause all we got is right now' so it gets a free pass)
5. Stay (dreadfully boring, not really sure this was such a success, it gets alright towards the very end but nah, skip!)
6. Jump (what a mess, glad this wasn't a worldwide single, would've been embarrassing)
7. Loveeeeee Song (don't even remember how this goes, really never go back to this album at all, so disappointing)

+Quote Post
Nina West
post Nov 30 2016, 08:59 PM
Post #5
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
Member No.: 19,846
   No Gallery Pics

01. Diamonds = Yes a great lead single, and would definitely say that this was by far the best choice to lead the album, and still remains as one of her all-time best songs, with dramatic and moving, Rihanna has never sounded better vocally and honestly there was nothing else on this album that could have worked as the lead single anyway.

02. Stay = Okay at first I thought that this was a bit of a risky move, releasing 2 ballads as the first 2 singles, but it worked and I think that everyone can feel an emotional connection to this song, it's very vulnerable and not in your face at all, just a very beautiful number and choosing this as the 2nd single was a real smart move as it became another smash hit for Rihanna to add to her list of many, many hits.

03. Jump = I really liked this song and think that this should have been the 3rd UK single, instead of 'PIU' which I know did well in America, but not so great elsewhere. If given a music video and decent promo, then it could have easily been another hit for her, instead of giving it a small worldwide release, where even then it did do quite well. Plus I really like the cool dub-step beat of this and maybe given a slight remix, then it could have done wonders.

04. Pour It Up = Definitely one of Rihanna's more polarizing songs, but it's still pretty awesome, it's grimy and dirty, but in a good way. It may not be one of her strongest or best singles, but on this very mixed album, it stands out as fantastic.

05. Right Now = I know a lot of people don't like this one, but if it had a kick ass video, then peoples opinion's would change maybe, but yeah I know it's very generic and not very memorable, but it's far from the worst on this album, an okay enough and pretty harmless. But honestly don't think this worked as a single, as there was absolutely no thought put into it whatsoever, don't think anyone knew this was a single.

06. What Now = To be honest, I was never really keen on this at all, and why this got a video over some of the much better tracks I'll never know. This was an obvious failed attempt at re-creating the success of the first 2 singles, just because it's a ballad and a very dull one at that, and even with an X-Factor performance it still pretty much tanked. If she was gonna release another ballad then why not 'Love Without Tragedy/Mother Mary', instead of this boring uninspired number, it just reeks of average.

07. Loveeeeee Song = I actually forgot that this was single, for the USA wasn't it, well anyway it's just another pointless release that barely did anything at all. The song itself is pretty terrible and annoying and something that I'd never go back to. Even now to this day and remembering when I first listened to the album and trying to pick the potential singles, I'd never thought that this would be one in a million years, it just doesn't leave much of an impression on me whatsoever.

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Nov 30 2016, 11:45 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

1 Diamonds

2 What Now
3 Pour It Up

4 Stay
5 Right Now

+Quote Post
Serg
post Dec 1 2016, 03:52 PM
Post #7
I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
Member No.: 22,662
   No Gallery Pics

This is so hard, it's my favourite single campaign next to Loud and I love every song but

1. Stay
2. What Now
3. Diamonds
4. Pour It Up

5. Right Now
6. Loveeeeee Song

7. Jump

This post has been edited by Serg Mix: Dec 1 2016, 03:53 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:41 AM