BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SPOILERS ● The X Factor ● Series 14
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jul 26 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #1
you never forget your first time...
Group: Admin.
Member No.: 13,530

Warning: six chair challenge spoilers will follow!!

I was at the first session of the six chair challenge today, it was the girls category and they are mentored by Sharon this year. No returnees but the quality is sky high!! All of the final six girls are fantastic.

It was packed with drama too laugh.gif Sharon swapped out an incredible singer and the entire arena went crazy, she ended up being brought back for a three-way sing-off (later four-way as Sharon asked another girl to sing! laugh.gif) :') hugely dramatic and a hot mess but it'll be incredible TV.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cameron
post Sep 11 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #2
THE BLAZE *.*
Group: Members
Member No.: 18,061

more pls

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 11 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #3

With the help of Digital Spy (as my memory fails), the following girls made it through to judges' houses:

Alisah Bonaobra (not shown yet)
Grace Davies
Rai-Elle Williams (not shown yet)
Holly Tandy
Deanna Mussington
Georgina Panton

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 11 2017, 09:03 PM
Post #4
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

About expected tbh so far, I'm kind of surprised they didn't make Shereen go solo but I guess the groups needs her as that's always a shit category laugh.gif

If Simon had the girls, I'd say Georgia would be this year's Tamera (ie potentially the most talented but too rough and unpolished, not quite ready for this year) but I think Sharon will have the sense to tell her to grow and come back, whereas Simon would take the risk.

+Quote Post
Brightest Blue
post Sep 11 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Banned
Member No.: 23,155

Alisah was in on The Voice

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 11 2017, 09:34 PM
Post #6
Brown cow, stunning!

In the Phillipines tongue.gif I can already imagine the "Alisah is a SUPERSTAR in her home country - X Fixter?!" headlines the day after her audition laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Davidson
post Sep 11 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 11,847
   No Gallery Pics

No Shanaya ohmy.gif?

+Quote Post
Charlie345
post Sep 12 2017, 03:18 AM
Post #8
New Entry
Member No.: 23,594
   No Gallery Pics

Joseph do you remember how each of those 6 performed and how they were received?

Surprised to see Holly Tandy there. She seemed shouty and inexperienced to me.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 12 2017, 05:44 AM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

QUOTE(Davidson @ Sep 11 2017, 11:58 PM) *
No Shanaya ohmy.gif?

I'm awful with names is this the 19 year old who was on the first weekend and had a bit of story but vocally was fab?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 12 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #10
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Saenerys @ Sep 12 2017, 06:44 AM) *
I'm awful with names is this the 19 year old who was on the first weekend and had a bit of story but vocally was fab?

Yep, the one who sang Say Something.

+Quote Post
JosephBoone
post Sep 12 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Davidson @ Sep 11 2017, 11:58 PM) *
No Shanaya ohmy.gif?

Afraid not! She was good but the quality was SO high sad.gif

QUOTE(Charlie345 @ Sep 12 2017, 04:18 AM) *
Joseph do you remember how each of those 6 performed and how they were received?

Surprised to see Holly Tandy there. She seemed shouty and inexperienced to me.

Here's a recap from Pooch22 on Digital Spy, the names aren't 100% correct but it gives you an idea! All six were received well anyway happy.gif

Scarlett Leigh - 19 - Without You -David Guetta - Nicola said one to watch - SEAT 1

Hayley Norton - 21 - Come Together/ Lose Yourself - Beatles/ Eminem - Sharon said she didn't want to give her false hope - NO SEAT

Sky - 19 - I'm a Mess - Ed Sherran - Simon called her ballsey and he would remember her performance - SEAT 2

Rayel - 16 - Bridge Over Troubled Water - Sung a Capella - Simon said first girl to make a real impact - SEAT 3

Holly Tambdy - 16 - Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga - Simon called her lost improved - SEAT 4

Nicole - 27 - Praise You - Fat Boy Slim - Simon said brilliant song choice - NO SEAT - Crowd started chanting BRING HER BACK!

Lemon - 27 - Original song/ Born this Way - Lady Gaga - Nicole said not risky enough - NO SEAT

Shanayah - 19 - I Know Where I've Been - Nicole said she adores her. Simon asked her to sing 30 seconds of the song a cappella. Sharon said she doesn't connect with her yet - SEAT 5

Lydia Calvin - 19/20 - Wake Me Up - Avicci - Nicole & Simon didn't like the song choice - NO SEAT

Aliza - From Australia - Me Too - Megan Trainer - Rapped! - Simon called her dangerous - SEAT 6

Talia - 19 - Let It Go - James Bay - Simon ask to sing the song a cappella - SEAT 2 - Sky OUT

Alisa - 20 - From the Philippines - All By Myself - Celine Dion - Standing ovation (but Simon) - SEAT 2 - Talia OUT - Crowd started chanting BRING HER BACK!

Charlie Camish - 22 - Wannabe - Spice Girls - Simon said it was 'horrible' said he was a bad song choice (Nicole & Louis agreed) - NO SEAT

Jenny Ball - 25 - Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls - Simon said it be crazy if she got a YES and Nicole got a NO as they are similar - SEAT 5 - Shanayah OUT - Crowd started chanting BRING HER BACK!

Chloe-Rose Moil - 16 - Reach - S Club 7 - Simon said it's not the best vocal of the night but he's knows what kind of artist she wants to be - NO SEAT

Deanna - 22 - From Anguilla - My Kinda Love - Emeli Sandé - Simon and Nicole both said she should have gone a note half step down but loved her! - SEAT 5 - Jenny OUT

Candice - 27 - Have You Ever - Brandy - Sharon said she feels she didn't connect with the audience - NO SEAT

Grace Davies - 20 - Original song (Do It Better) - Sharon gave her Standing ovation - Nicole said she is inspired by Grace. Sharon said she is lucky to have her in her category - SEAT 2 - Alisa OUT - Crowd BOOOED!!!! Crowd started chanting BRING HER BACK! Crowd BOOOED for ages!! Kelsey come on stage and crowd were still chanting!

Kelsey Gill - 20 - Original song (Scars) - Nicole said it's not enough to take a seat - NO SEAT

Georgina - 20 - Diamonds - Rihanna - Standing ovation (but Sharon) - Simon said she deserves her place in the competition - SEAT 6 - Aliza OUT

Crowd continued to chant for Alisa to come back!

Sharon brought back Alisa and said she wanted her to have a sing-off with Scarlett & Rayel!

Scarlett - The Power of Love
Rayel - Power
Alisa - Bang Bang

Sharon then asked Deanna to sing, she sung I Surrender.

Sharon sent Scarlett home!
So the final 6 Girls:
Alisa
Grace Davies
Rayel
Holly
Deanna
Georgina

(Rayel is Rai-Elle)

+Quote Post
Charlie345
post Sep 12 2017, 07:26 PM
Post #12
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

Thanks Joseph. Here's the groups, also from Digital Spy. Now we're missing the boys and overs.

- [ ] Afroswag - azonto - swapped for JBK, however they remained in their seats for so long, way too long (more talented people removed before them) - reminds me of a more talented Reggie and Bollie
- [ ]
◦ 5 piece group from Essex - taken out for Rak-Su

◦ Three piece family - one girl, two boys - crowd and audience loved them

◦ Lemonade - 5 piece girl group - beautiful rendition of a Beyonce song, with special commendations to the youngest in the group, which the judges and the crowd raved about

◦ New Dynamix -crazy crowd obviously wanted them back - chanting nonstop between decisions etc onto no 15 (friends and family quickly became your worst nightmare)

◦ Transara (?) - Say Something - lovely couple who in my opinion had terrible voices (the crowd seemed to agree) but had so much emotion and stage presence that they won over everyone - easily took a seat that was later taken by two lads

◦ Jack and Joel - Lady Marmalade; Simon stopped them so they went into Bang Bang - Jack was very very sassy and audience loved them and both

◦ Northern Quarter - Pillowtalk; stopped by Simon then into No - I thought they were quite good, audience so so, judges didn’t see originality or good use of harmonies etc. - had the brilliant Ash

◦ Rak-Su - 4 Boys - Touch; stopped by Simon then into original (Change Your Mind) - They were fantastic both times, but the judges thought that their cover of Touch was too similar to Little Mix (tbf it was but it was good) - both times audience went ballistic (young men dancing, one taking clothes off afterwards), even more so with/after the second song - amazing reception - really popular with girls (it was literally deafening - not an exaggeration)

◦ Manchester Brothers - Heartless by Kanye West - two young lads that were decent but not up to par to the rest

◦ Loyalty (three girls) - a Chester song - everyone found it ok, but not something that deserves to go further

◦ JBK (travelled from Philippines) 3 boys - Million Reason; stopped by Simon then into I’ll Make Love to You - possibly the audience fan favourites. MR wasn’t the best, but Simon stopped them and they went into a magnificent rendition of I’ll Make Love to You which had the loudest audience screams you could possibly hear in your life - one of the lads high notes sent the arena into a frenzy - it was an easy seat which they took from Afroswag (the crowd was desperate for Afro to leave) - they left in a split decision after a sing off with Lemonade

◦ 6 girl FAEIM - first song / Say a Little Prayer - they were just ok, nothing special - crowd seemed exceptionally dead for them as they had lost their voices screaming and lost focus after a break (Simon needed the loo - it was very funny watching Simon run to the toilet!)

◦ Shelby Park Boys ? two boy and guitar (15/17) something in the way; stopped then into second original song ‘Time is a Remedy’ - took Transara (seat 5) - resurrected the dead crowd and made them emotional

◦ Girl group created by Sharon rejects - Hey Ma - great judge fantastic crowd reaction (only 24 hours) unnamed - Simon wanted to add Ash from Northern Quarter who got let go- ran through it - conflicted as she doesn't want to betray - Ash joined! Wasn't too convincing till she joined!

◦ JBK and Lemonade sing off (imo the two best) - JBK quite messy (disappointing after having the best performance of the night - nerves and crowd got to them) but still fab, Lemonade was angelic, beautiful- much better (even though JBK are my favorites) - Lemonade got through to great fanfare but at the same time massive outcry - these two groups were the most popular!

But overall, this year has definitely been the best year for the groups. EVERY SINGLE GROUP was talented. Groups were only sent away for to being distinctive or wrong song choices etc. No joke acts (even Afroswag seemed dedicated)!

Groups through
Lemonade
The CutKelvins
Shelby Park Boys Sean & Conor Price
Jack & Joel
Rak-Su
New Girlband (Kelsey Gill, Lydia Calvin, Charlie Cammis, Sky Amber, Ash Holme & Imogen James)

This post has been edited by Charlie345: Sep 12 2017, 07:27 PM

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 12 2017, 07:33 PM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!

Ooh thanks for that! Nobody we know yet in the girl group they've made up then, Lemonade sound really promising though! I think they need to be sure not to do what they did with 1D and make up loads of girlbands who are kinda bland or rave over ever girlband just because of LM so I'm naturally wary of the manufactured girls but I'll wait and see for myself.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 27 2017, 09:00 AM
Post #14
Brown cow, stunning!

Idk if this is spoilery enough for spoilers, but Anthony Russell has left the show. No loss tbh laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kye
post Sep 27 2017, 09:25 AM
Post #15
• aesthetic party •
Member No.: 2,169

not generalising at all but i can't believe they're even 'shocked' to find out he's a drug user when he turned up to his audition with a black eye.
i mean, i guess they were hoping to run some 'rough diamond on a journey' story, but it was clear to see he wasn't ready for it.

This post has been edited by kye: Sep 27 2017, 09:26 AM

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 27 2017, 12:33 PM
Post #16
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

For the last couple of years, Simon has been suggesting that he'd like a new, MIXED pop group... so why doesn't he make one of them instead of yet another boy/girl group? CNCO & Little Mix getting a smash shows that there's some room for a mixed group to smash with the right stuff! I really would like a mixed group to be huge and blow up. There's a market for it I think. They dropped the ball hugely with Only The Young and that was a mistake!

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Oct 1 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 20,182

There's such a niche for a mixed group - there hasn't been a massive group since BEP, Pentatonix are a different ball game imo.

I'm not happy Shanayah didn't get a seat reading those spoilers - watching last night she had definitely came across with much more of a personality more so than her audition sad.gif

+Quote Post
Billy.
post Oct 1 2017, 05:56 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 10,095
   No Gallery Pics

Yeah the Shanaya situation has bugged me - she had arguably the best audition and last night she was great too. I hope she comes back next year/is a wildcard this year.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Oct 1 2017, 10:47 PM
Post #19
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Sep 27 2017, 01:33 PM) *
For the last couple of years, Simon has been suggesting that he'd like a new, MIXED pop group... so why doesn't he make one of them instead of yet another boy/girl group? CNCO & Little Mix getting a smash shows that there's some room for a mixed group to smash with the right stuff! I really would like a mixed group to be huge and blow up. There's a market for it I think. They dropped the ball hugely with Only The Young and that was a mistake!

Exactly! That's something there's a gap in the market for, LM are dominating for girlbands and thanks to The Vamps/1D/The Wanted/JLS etc for years I think boybands are a bit burnt out, so why not try something different? They always use the market and what kind of artist someone is negatively, like "we don't know where you'd fit right now so it's going to have to be a no", but when they do have an act that is something missing from the charts they could really turn into a success, they pay them dust for another generic boyband or big voiced female or "husky" voiced male. Even say Fleur East, they did ofc set her up n the show but after Sax they managed her awfully. But their awful handling of great acts after the show is another matter entirely laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Charlie345
post Oct 2 2017, 12:45 AM
Post #20
New Entry
   No Gallery Pics

The girls judges house finished this weekend. Any word on which three made it through? I put a bet on Grace a month ago.

This post has been edited by Charlie345: Oct 2 2017, 12:47 AM

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 AM