BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> A good day to bury bad news
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brett-Butler
post 29th April 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455

Given that the Royal Wedding is filling all the headlines today, I thought it would be good to start an open thread to post any stories that go unreported or under the radar due to the Royal Wedding. Any examples?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 29th April 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272

I'm sure the government will have published some bad news late yesterday. I just hope some journalist finds it.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 29th April 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I'm pretty sure James Hewitt will come out of the woodwork pretty soon.

+Quote this post
La La Land
post 29th April 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 167

QUOTE(Mart!n @ Apr 29 2011, 07:17 PM) *
I'm pretty sure James Hewitt will come out of the woodwork pretty soon.

He will be at Prince Harry's wedding sitting with the family.

I'm just annoyed that the press and the BBC keep referring to Kate as a 'commoner'. Yes we get it that she isn't upper class but so what. What's wrong with 2 people who love each other who want to spend the rest of their lives together. At least she actually knew Prince William before they got married unlike Diana only met Prince Charles a few times before they tied the knot.

Also I think it was a bad decision not invite Tony Blair and Gordon Brown. Margaret Thatcher should have gone so she could have died on TV then someone could have said - sorry love there isn't a hospital around here because you closed them down.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 3rd May 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #5
Group icon
Always wear a clean pair of knickers, cos you never know when th
User: 190

Didn't watch it, no interest in this ridiculous Royal Soap Opera...

What really pisses me off though is the way the Police acted about any potential "disruptions" by Republicans wanting to just go out and voice their protests... Pre-emptive arrests, exclusion orders and the break-up of a small demo by Gay Rights activists in Soho Square, which was actually outside the "Exclusion Zone"... It seems no one is allowed to have a difference of opinion at a f**king Royal Wedding....

Who's country is this anyway...? dry.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 3rd May 2011, 11:58 AM
Post #6
Group icon

Here's a pic of Police arresting one of the "Zombie" pic-nickers at Soho Square...

Yeah, clearly she's SUCH a menace to society, huh....?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-b3QlEr8HOa0/Tb25...600/amyblog.jpg

+Quote this post
Kath
post 3rd May 2011, 12:22 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ May 3 2011, 12:43 PM) *
Didn't watch it, no interest in this ridiculous Royal Soap Opera...

What really pisses me off though is the way the Police acted about any potential "disruptions" by Republicans wanting to just go out and voice their protests... Pre-emptive arrests, exclusion orders and the break-up of a small demo by Gay Rights activists in Soho Square, which was actually outside the "Exclusion Zone"... It seems no one is allowed to have a difference of opinion at a f**king Royal Wedding....

Who's country is this anyway...? dry.gif

I was driving to Scarborough on Friday so thankfully missed it. Had to laugh at most of the pubs we passed through on the way had renamed themselves 'The Yorkshire Princess' for the day. Kate Middleton is as much a Yorkshirewoman as I am a Nigerian man!

I too, object to the 'commoner' bit. It makes it sound as if William has just married a checkout girl from Aldi or a young girl on Jobseeker's Allowance, when she's from a fabulously wealthy family as it is.

Only in England! But at least she had a nice frock ... and not something that looked like it wouldn't be out of place at a 'Big Fat Gypsy Wedding'.

Kath

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 3rd May 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Look out for any government announcements today as well. Another good day to bury bad news.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 20th October 2011, 09:33 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens

Thought I'd resurrect this giving the death of a certain Libyan dictator.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 20th October 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Oct 20 2011, 10:33 PM) *
Thought I'd resurrect this giving the death of a certain Libyan dictator.

Well it's deflected some of the attention from Liam Fox continuing to make an idiot of himself.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 21st October 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #11
Group icon

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 20 2011, 10:38 PM) *
Well it's deflected some of the attention from Liam Fox continuing to make an idiot of himself.

And it's also deflected Oliver bin Letwin being give a "clean bill of health" for his document dumping activities... Oh, well, that's okay then.... sleep.gif

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 21st October 2011, 02:02 PM
Post #12
Group icon

Actually, no, blimey, check this out....

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielkn...trol-his-party/

+Quote this post
Silas
post 21st October 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Queen of Soon
User: 3,474

I swear to GOD we had better not even entertain the idea of withdrawing from the European Union.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 21st October 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Silas @ Oct 21 2011, 10:14 PM) *
I swear to GOD we had better not even entertain the idea of withdrawing from the European Union.

I suspect even Cameron realises that withdrawal would be a seriously bad move. Hence the reluctance to risk a referendum.

+Quote this post
GRIMLY FIENDISH
post 21st October 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ Oct 21 2011, 11:09 PM) *
I suspect even Cameron realises that withdrawal would be a seriously bad move. Hence the reluctance to risk a referendum.

Talk of a referendum always cracks me up... WE'VE ALREADY HAD ONE.... I really wish the Eurosceptic nobs would get over it, it's a done deal.. We signed the Treaty of Rome.... The treaty was NEVER just about trade.... Ignorant Tory, UKIP and Tabloid-reading morons seriously need to educate themselves..... rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post 21st October 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(GRIMLY FIENDISH @ Oct 22 2011, 12:20 AM) *
Talk of a referendum always cracks me up... WE'VE ALREADY HAD ONE.... I really wish the Eurosceptic nobs would get over it, it's a done deal.. We signed the Treaty of Rome.... The treaty was NEVER just about trade.... Ignorant Tory, UKIP and Tabloid-reading morons seriously need to educate themselves..... rolleyes.gif

Ah yes but we're talking about the sort of people who complain when, for instance, Ireland holds a second referendum when the first got the "wrong" result. Yu don't expect them to be consistent do you?

Arguably we have had a second (and, perhaps, even a third) vote. After all, Labour's promise to leave the EEC (as it then was) in the 1983 election was relentlessly attacked by the Tories and Labour were hammered in the election. Move on to the 2001 election with William Hague's "Save the pound", anti-EU campaign. The Tories were hammered.

In the 1975 referendum the likes of the Mail and Express campaigned for a Yes vote. So did Thatcher. That meant they were campaigning in favour of the Treaty of Rome which calls for "an ever increasing union". Still, Tories never do like to let the facts get in the way of their argument.

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post 22nd July 2013, 02:17 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens

With Royal Baby on the way, might be as good a time as any to resurrect this thread.

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 22nd July 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Some good news in the world for once biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Sandro Raniere
post 22nd July 2013, 02:24 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 18,849

I think I am just about the only person in the country that could not give a shit about this royal baby

I wish it good health of course but beyond that I couldn't care less.

I am opposed to the idea of a royal family, this baby will be born into a life of untold luxury and privilege funded by the likes of me just so that Americans can come gawp at our palaces. They will anyway so why the need for a royal family sponging off the taxpayer?

Sooner Britain becomes a republic the better

If we have to have a royal family let them fund themselves, all hail the new parasite

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 22nd July 2013, 02:30 PM
Post #20
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ Jul 22 2013, 03:17 PM) *
With Royal Baby on the way, might be as good a time as any to resurrect this thread.

And the poor bugger, might be called Charles if its a boy laugh.gif and if its a girl, Elizabeth laugh.gif

But seriously I wonder what they would call her or him, my tips for names would be Emily Rose for a girl, and Mark Joseph for a boy.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 12:29 AM