BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bobby Vee dies, aged 73
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
poppet15
post Oct 25 2016, 10:33 AM
Post #1
UKs Biggest European Music fan
Group: Members
Member No.: 285

Top US singer from the early 60s Bobby Vee has died aged 73 from Alzheimers.
He was best known for hits Rubber Ball - How Many Tears - Take Good Care Of My Baby - The Night Has a Thousand Eyes

In all he had 12 UK hits between 1960 & 1963 with many more in the US

Rubber Ball

How Many tears

Take Good Care Of My Baby

The Night Has A Thousand Eyes

R.I.P. Bobby

This post has been edited by poppet15: Oct 25 2016, 10:37 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Oct 25 2016, 08:51 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

I've added my tribute to the Lounge Celebrity RIP but thanks for the video links, I adore Thousand Eyes in particular.

+Quote Post
fiesta
post Oct 26 2016, 11:09 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 232
   No Gallery Pics

RIP. I Like Night Has A Thousand Eyes and Take Good Care Of My Baby . Rubber Ball was quite good too (co-written by Gene Pitney)

Some interesting Facts I dug out about Bobby Vee

His backing band on tour were called The Shadows, following the death of Buddy Holly (of which Vee was a big fan) in a plane carash . He and his band stood in for him at the gig he was scheduled to play in February 1959.

In July 1959, they decided to recruit a pianist called Elston Gunn, he played two gigs with them and was payed $30 and asked to leave due to compatibility differences. He later changed his name and became known as Bob Dylan!

In November 1962, Vee recorded an album with Buddy Holly's group the Crickets, it was his biggest album in the UK peaking at number 2-held off from the top of the chart by The Shadows (Hank Marvin's group) with Out Of The Shadows!

His hit More Than I Can Say was originally by The Crickets, Vee also had a minor American hit with a cover of Adam Faith's What Do You Want. Faith later discovered and managed Leo Sayer, who also covered More Than I Can Say-produced by ex Shadow Alan Tarney!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:20 PM