BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> REALLY BAD Movies
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Chez Wombat
post 28th March 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #1
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

And by this, I DON'T mean big selling/well known films that you find overrated, I mean films that are REALLY BAD or films you straight out dislike, any particular ones that stand out n your mind?

Also have you ever seen any of the famed IMDb Bottom 100 ? Have you seen BIRDEMIC and lived to tell the tale?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 28th March 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #2
Group icon
"Everything seems different the second time around."
User: 5,830

Out of that bottom 100 I've only seen 3 (possibly for the best?), Disaster Movie and Going Overboard were dreadful (the latter being Adam Sandler's really low moment - not an easy feat when he has movies like Jack & Jill in his filmography) but I did really enjoy Epic Movie, it's obviously not a masterpiece though. laugh.gif

The worst film I've ever seen is that truly dire remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre that came out a couple of years ago. I would advise anyone and everyone to avoid it like the plague. Other properly dire films include Bad Grandpa (I just didn't find any of it funny), pretty much any of the excorsism horror film things (like Devils Due) from the last 5 years and Starred Up which was an absolute CHORE to watch (everyone else I've spoken to liked it, I just did not see the appeal at all).

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 28th March 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #3
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

My absolute least favourite film I've had the misfortune to see is Epic Movie (and I thought the same when I saw it at 15, it's supposed target age group :/), I dunno if I expected a funny satire but it really was an unfunny mess of pop culture references vaguely linked to a film plot (and even then the references were so lazy). I thankfully have not seen any more Friedburg and Seltzer films.

Also, the Halloween remake by Rob Zombie was awful, took everything I loved about the original and destroyed it :'(

The Room was another one I watched, so so bad on a technical/EVERYTHING level but so so enjoyable at the same time. I can't normally stomach really bad films like that but when they're accompanied by a funny commentary or angry humour on Youtube rather than watching the whole thing, they're a lot more bearable.

This post has been edited by Chez Wombat: 28th March 2015, 04:14 PM

+Quote this post
Qween
post 28th March 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

Films I actually DESPISE and would shoot myself in the head before watching again: THE KNOWING. Unspeakably awful. It tries, it really really tries to sell a truly awful script, with plot holes galore, a blindingly obvious final conclusion (I worked it out about 1/4 of the way through) and just all round awfulness. Oh it's a MILLISECOND from the END OF THE WORLD so I shall reconnect with my dad who I haven't spoken to in years being a particular LOW in a movie where the highest point is seeing all the awful people DIE.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 28th March 2015, 04:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

From that list I've only seen epic movie, disaster movie and son of the mask. The latter 2 are terrible but I love epic movie heart.gif

I was actually going to do a countdown for my worst 10 ever in a few days so I won't reveal the ones I really really hate yet smile.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th March 2015, 02:10 AM
Post #6
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I'm sure there are worse films I've seen (like 'Sharknado'/'Zombeavers'/'Jack Frost 2' etc... - but I'm not including them as they're intentionally terrible and it's all a part of their "appeal" - although 'Rubber' is just shockingly bad all around), but the first film that comes to my mind was 'Sunshine'. It was just so poorly executed. The only saving grace of it all was the SUBLIME score! 'Adagio For Strings In D Minor' is one of my favourite score pieces. So it's a shame I hated the film so much.

Oh and 'Black Sheep' is DREADFUL too.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2015, 03:30 AM
Post #7
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

I used to love Disaster Movie when I was in year 7/8, watched it last year though and it wasn't so great tongue.gif Not TOO awful though. I love Epic Movie though <3 Date Movie is hilare but I have that kind of humour oops. A good few of the jokes were awful/dragged out though.

Not a huge film person so I don't have lots to draw on but I have always hated Cars. Also, idk if this is controversial but Blair Witch Project bores me to death too... Oh and Superhero Movie, speaking of those types of films. Absolutely awful - don't think I so much as giggled once.

+Quote this post
Atonement
post 29th March 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #8
Group icon
I just had to see your face to feel alive
User: 10,676

The one with Adam Sandler as a hairdresser.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 29th March 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #9
Group icon

'Don't Mess With Zohan'? His films haven't been good since about 2006, so I agree with any of them that came after them. 'Grown Ups' was pretty dreadful also!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 29th March 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #10
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Mean Girls 2 was pretty dire

+Quote this post
danG
post 29th March 2015, 07:39 PM
Post #11
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

I haven't seen any of the films in that bottom 100 (thankfully I guess).

The worst film I remember seeing was Cars, it was boring and awful. I guess that signalled the beginning of me growing out of children's films.

+Quote this post
Theonix
post 29th March 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
User: 8,661

Mean Girls 2 manages to use the premise of one of the best, most quotable films ever to become the least funny, embarrassingly cringeworthy films ever. So that. And I can proudly say that I've not seen any of IMDB's bottom 100!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 29th March 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Mean Girls 2 wasn't that bad, in a sort of "4/10 I could just about sit through it" way laugh.gif It was just so so so bad compared to the original (my fave movie ever), not funny or anything. It would have been good as a standalone Disney made for TV movie (away from Mean Girls) if I was like 9.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 29th March 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #14
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

My most hated film is the Polar Express. Horrible graphics, annoying, unlikable characters and stupid Believe song gets played every two minutes.

Also only just learnt this now but apparently there is a musical performance from Tinashe when she was 9 somewhere in there ohmy.gif

The girl's singing voice is Tinashe!

This post has been edited by Kl▲mzee: 29th March 2015, 07:49 PM

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 29th March 2015, 07:57 PM
Post #15
Group icon

QUOTE(Liаm @ Mar 29 2015, 04:30 AM) *
I used to love Disaster Movie when I was in year 7/8, watched it last year though and it wasn't so great tongue.gif Not TOO awful though. I love Epic Movie though <3 Date Movie is hilare but I have that kind of humour oops. A good few of the jokes were awful/dragged out though.

Not a huge film person so I don't have lots to draw on but I have always hated Cars. Also, idk if this is controversial but Blair Witch Project bores me to death too... Oh and Superhero Movie, speaking of those types of films. Absolutely awful - don't think I so much as giggled once.

QUOTE(► ▲ N @ Mar 29 2015, 08:39 PM) *
I haven't seen any of the films in that bottom 100 (thankfully I guess).

The worst film I remember seeing was Cars, it was boring and awful. I guess that signalled the beginning of me growing out of children's films.

We're supposed to be discussing 'REALLY BAD films'. smile.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th March 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #16
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Cars is really bad though

+Quote this post
Juranamo
post 29th March 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #17
Group icon

I'll have none of this please. Please watch it again through my loon glasses and you shall all learn to love it. wub.gif

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 29th March 2015, 08:14 PM
Post #18
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

I loved it when I was 6 but our primary school made us watch it about 10 times so it got boring

On the topic of bad 2006 animations: monster house was terrible and over the hedge is unbearable

+Quote this post
Cal
post 29th March 2015, 08:16 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

I'll just leave this one here.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 30th March 2015, 03:24 AM
Post #20
Group icon

I honestly, can't see why people seem to HATE 'Cars'. Like, I really don't get what's so offensive about it or what it lacks that makes people despise it as much as they do. sad.gif

So under appreciated. sad.gif

+Quote this post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 11:31 PM