BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Animation Movie, Release date: TBA
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Maz!
post Jun 12 2019, 01:07 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 20,217
Paramount Animation president Mireille Soria is bringing girl power to the unit — literally. The studio, which boasts a mostly female senior staff, is in early development on a Spice Girls movie among a slate eyeing two releases a year, starting in 2020.

All five members of the iconic '90s group — Melanie Brown (Scary), Emma Bunton (Baby), Melanie Chisholm (Sporty), Geri Halliwell (Ginger) and Victoria Beckham (Posh) are on board, with Simon Fuller producing and Karen McCullah and Kiwi Smith writing the screenplay. The animated feature will include Spice Girls classics as well as new songs. The Spice Girls "had an idea that we've been developing," Soria tells The Hollywood Reporter. "They are very involved."

Paramount plans Spice Girls animation movie
This is all very exciting and the bit of new songs excites me the most!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jun 12 2019, 01:31 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
New songs that’s interesting...

+Quote this post
vibe
post Jun 12 2019, 01:53 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763
New songs , we shall see!

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Jun 12 2019, 02:13 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587
Whoa! I am here for it even with new songs. Might be a good way to tie in new tracks, for sure, and some more touring!

Also, Paramount is good studio, so they seem to be in good hands!

I AM HERE FOR THIS!! wub.gif

+Quote this post
d22ghj
post Jun 12 2019, 04:52 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 5,168
This story originated over a year ago, but good to see it now seems to be developing and will go ahead.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/spice-gi...vie-1202734123/

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post Jun 12 2019, 04:56 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
This could be HUGE if handled properly. I see a blockbuster on the horizon. yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
sammy01
post Jun 12 2019, 08:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
I feel confident this will be a success. Simon and Vic being behind it must mean they have faith in it.

The tie ins/merch are endless, action figures, soundtrack, comic books etc. They really could strike gold if they successfully manage to combine super heroes (incredibly popular films) with musical films with soundtracks (hugely popular, think Greatest Showman, A star is born etc).

+Quote this post
Piers
post Jun 13 2019, 04:39 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 69,521
I'm all for the girls doing anything together...but...I really have no idea what to make of this animated film thing.

I guess because...there's nothing comparable? The Beatles did animated work...but that was during their heyday. Has there ever been a group that did a big budget animated film more than 20 years past their heyday? People clearly still love the girls as a live act...but with the way most everything else has gone for 20 years, how is this not considered a serious gamble for a studio?

And Paramount Animation may be a big name...but consider this. Their last three films crashed and burned with critics and didn't do especially well at the box office (with Monster Trucks being a fairly big bomb). Sonic the Hedgehog is on their schedule next...and had to be pushed back months when people freaked over the character design. As for Simon, he's a genius in certain respects...but I'm not sure why anyone would be confident in his movie producing history (...hey, From Justin to Kelly...)

And does 'new music' really mean the girls teaming up to write together again? I mean. I'd love that...but...is that really what that means or are we assuming? They could have a pet manta ray who sings for all we know.

Anyway. Hope the movie comes and proves me wrong. Sound issues aside, this tour looks like it's top notch. Don't want anything dragging down this new goodwill, y'know?

+Quote this post
isanka
post Jun 13 2019, 07:19 AM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 88,486
Well not very hapy about this. It scream MONEY. Like they did with the Musical.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jun 13 2019, 07:45 AM
Post #10
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
I’m intrigued, cautiously optimistic but also nervous. Most excited about there supposedly being new songs for it!

+Quote this post
Blond 2.0
post Jun 13 2019, 02:06 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 39,576
It's good idea and good business I just hope they do the characters justice and not like the new books LOL

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Sep 30 2020, 10:06 PM
Post #12
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
The Spice Girls are working on a cartoon film, but would there be any chance of new music?
Melanie C: “We’re in talks with Paramount Pictures about an animated feature, but these things are painfully slow. But it’s a lovely concept and fun idea. Maybe there will be music to accompany that. Personally, I just want to get out there and play more Spice Girls shows.”
https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/melani...wer-2762778?amp

+Quote this post
Sideout
post Sep 30 2020, 10:36 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700
I really hate this animated feature film idea.

+Quote this post
Mr.X
post Sep 30 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,587
QUOTE(Jay* @ Sep 30 2020, 11:06 PM) *
The Spice Girls are working on a cartoon film, but would there be any chance of new music?
Melanie C: “We’re in talks with Paramount Pictures about an animated feature, but these things are painfully slow. But it’s a lovely concept and fun idea. Maybe there will be music to accompany that. Personally, I just want to get out there and play more Spice Girls shows.”

Could Mel C sound any less enthusiastic about new music laugh.gif

But honestly at the earliest this wont come out until late 2022. Im here for it if they are involved. If new music comes, great!

+Quote this post
Sideout
post Sep 30 2020, 11:37 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 113,700
We'll probably get one new song and it will be worse than Voodoo.

+Quote this post
sammy01
post Oct 1 2020, 07:31 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,988
QUOTE(Jay* @ Sep 30 2020, 11:06 PM) *

Well that is the first time she hasn't flat out said no to new music.

I thought paramount were already developing it, which is probably what she meant as she says it is painfully slow which animation films are to make.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:40 PM