BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kylie - 2012 Album
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post Nov 13 2011, 04:52 PM
Post #21
Brown cow, stunning!
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,139

AAAAAH. w00t.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Nov 13 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #22
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

I dont see "For me, she's a little in danger of becoming an artist that survives on past glories" at all, i think with each era she has held her own to a certain point, Kylie has always been more of a singles act than albums act and from that i certainly dont want to take away any of the amazing suiccess she has had with some albums. Aphrodite did under perform and should have done much better, but a platnum album going number 1 isnt what i would call a huge disaster either.

The past glories again i would argue the point that all the lovers is one of her biggest selling singles and her biggest since cant get you out of my head. I think where Kylie is in danger the most is not picking the right singles to start with and promoting them. I think this is part of the reason aphrodite under performed, apart from all the lovers the singles had messy releases.

But on to the future, i look forward to hearing the brand new single, im actually a little shocked as i didnt expect anything brand new from kylie for a while, i hope its a strong single and does well for her, id love a new studio album next year from her to mark the 25th anniversary but i still think we only get the acoustic album, i hope the album isnt over priced as i know i will only be buying it out of loyalty rather than for the love of it.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Nov 13 2011, 05:51 PM
Post #23
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

I don't agree with "For me, she's a little in danger of becoming an artist that survives on past glories" either, Kylie's always experimenting with different music - and now she's doing an acoustic album, which shows that she isn't "surviving on past glories"

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 13 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #24
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

I hope we got some Impossible Princess-esque music from her. Acoustic/Indie could be amazing wub.gif OR a total disaster laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Nov 13 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #25
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Regina @ Nov 13 2011, 05:53 PM) *
I hope we got some Impossible Princess-esque music from her. Acoustic/Indie could be amazing wub.gif OR a total disaster laugh.gif

And (don't maul me Kylie loons) she really can't afford a total disaster right now laugh.gif I would love to hear more music in the style of what was on that album though rather than more dance-pop. I want to hear her progress anyway, she usually does well with new sounds when she does experiment!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 13 2011, 06:27 PM
Post #26
Raining Shitter

I think she can afford to take risks with her music, she has a big enough core fanbase to get a top 10 single and album.

+Quote Post
HerbieHollywood
post Nov 14 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #27
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 12,436
   No Gallery Pics

I stand by my comments. It's not a jab at Kylie, or a dig at her accomplishments, because I absolutely adore her. Any artist of her longevity is going to face challenges.

Aphrodite was heavily promoted. Yet despite all this, it underperformed. I would say the same of All The Lovers. It might look good against her past singles sales, but it in the digital age, it was only a moderate hit. And that's just the UK - Australia was a disaster (despite her first proper promo tour in 10 years).

Personally, I was really surprised by this, because I thought it was a brilliant album. I loved GOOMY. So yeah, I think there is a danger that Kylie - or specifically, her record company - will see more start to see more value in mining her back catalogue than investing in the future. Does this make sense?

Very, very excited about a new song, though worried this might just be a rumour!!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 14 2011, 07:39 PM
Post #28
Raining Shitter

ATL was a pretty big hit even in the digital age. Also, promotion dried after ATL was released, performances became far too few and far between.

+Quote Post
seejayjee
post Nov 16 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #29
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 843
   No Gallery Pics

I know exactly what you're saying HerbieHollywood and I agree. It's easier and cheaper for record companies to make money from her past hits rather than investing in new music which based on the last album did not generate very much in the way of sales (comparative to her contemporaries) and cost more than simply putting a new compilation out there.

This post has been edited by seejayjee: Nov 16 2011, 10:27 AM

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Nov 18 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #30
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 1,031
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Silver Rocket @ Nov 11 2011, 11:38 PM) *
So let me clarify, she's releasing an album of re-workings of her older singles as well as an album of new material, or is this not the case?

No, I dont think we are getting an album of new material as such. Its a greatest hits collection of acoustic/orchestral versions of her old songs and maybe with some new tracks thrown in. Can't wait!!!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Nov 18 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #31
Raining Shitter

I think at most 2 or 3 new songs maybe? Sounds like at least one new song as the single.

+Quote Post
Liam.k.
post Mar 1 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #32
BuzzJack Idol
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 12,472

Kylie says that it's to be released in 2013...

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx...m=newsmain,nrhl

She told the Metro newspaper: "I have started on new music already. It should be ready for 2013

+Quote Post
Regina
post Mar 1 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #33
Raining Shitter

Is that not her next studio album though and not the Acoustic GH album?

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Mar 1 2012, 07:16 PM
Post #34
Brown cow, stunning!

It must be, tbh it makes so much more sense to release the acoustic GH this year, with it being 'K25' and all. She has to release SOMETHING anyway drama.gif

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Mar 2 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #35
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

I hope we will get the acoustic/orchestral album this year, I wouldnt make sense to release it after the 25th anniversary year - unless all we are getting this year is the online video's and a new album next year. I'd really like a full CD of the reworkings, which will sit nicely alongside my Kylie collection.

+Quote Post
Lophorina
post Mar 17 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #36
New Entry
Member No.: 11,320
   No Gallery Pics

i hope so new album will be like Body Language vs Aphrodite mishmash tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Mar 17 2012, 12:43 PM
Post #37
Let's Go Brandon
Member No.: 421

I'd rather have another "X" than another "Aphrodite"

+Quote Post
slowdown73
post Mar 17 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #38
BuzzJack Platinum Member
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Euphorique @ Mar 17 2012, 12:43 PM) *
I'd rather have another "X" than another "Aphrodite"

I'd rather have another "Aphrodite" album than "X". Aphrodite is miles better.

+Quote Post
Sempachorra
post Mar 17 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #39
Let's Go Brandon
Member No.: 421

Aphrodite bored me to death. Listened to it like 3 or 4 times, just never clicked with me. X had far more highlights and variety too. It might've been all over the place, but at least there are standout tracks on it that I still listen to after all these years.

+Quote Post
Padamic Tension
post Mar 17 2012, 08:24 PM
Post #40
BuzzJack Idol
Member No.: 845
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Lophorina @ Mar 17 2012, 12:12 PM) *
i hope so new album will be like Body Language vs Aphrodite mishmash tongue.gif

nO no for me, body language is definitly something that was in the past and should be left there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:37 PM