BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)
If you have forgotten your password and a recovery email has not arrived, please click here to send us an email.

> 
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Big Brother US • Season 26, 17th July 2024
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Aaron.
post 7th May 2024, 06:56 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Big Brother 26 returns July 17th. Episodes on Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Great to see this is back to being a Summer Show - could have started a few weeks earlier. But hopefully this is a shorter season because 100 days is not doing it for me!

Live Feeds (of course) and the partnership they have with PlutoTV continues.

Via Sharon Tharp:

- Two Night Premiere (so no live entry)
- All New Houseguests

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 7th May 2024, 07:04 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cody Nedoroscik
post 7th May 2024, 07:41 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Act like an angel and dress like crazy
User: 21,308

The live move-ins were the best thing to happen to this show, why remove them? rolleyes.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 9th July 2024, 11:13 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Not vibing the house this year but I do like the iamspamspamamiand Living Room.
Audience tickets are on sale as well for evictions all the way up to September 26th so the final should be in early October.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 11th July 2024, 04:53 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Not a live launch either as the first 8 will enter the day before and the second 8 will enter the next day.

+Quote this post
Scene
post 11th July 2024, 05:06 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Resident Pink Pony
User: 5,567

Does anyone know of any good sites to stream this season in the UK? Sites I’ve used in the past always take ages to play the video and I end up having to click and close pop ups constantly and they also resist adblocker lol. I wish someone would just discreetly upload them to YouTube. kink.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 11th July 2024, 05:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

No streaming sites that I’m aware of for now, but usually a few good Google Drives pop up throughout the season, if I come across anything I’ll let the topic know.

If anyone has a VPN, I would recommend signing up for STACKTV (Canadian Streaming Service) you can watch Live or on Demand, there is currently a sale on (might only be thru Amazon) for $4.30 CAD/m for Three months.

I also have a few invites for Private Torrent Clients (TorrentDay, IPTV) for anyone that “torrents” the episodes are uploaded very quickly!

+Quote this post
Scene
post 11th July 2024, 07:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Resident Pink Pony
User: 5,567

Ahh thanks! How do google drives work? (sorry maybe stupid question lol)

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th July 2024, 11:37 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I've stumbled across a few Google Drive depositories throughout the years, DownUnderTV on Reddit has (or had) a massive Google Drive of RTV Shows worldwide. I recently downloaded some older seasons of Big Brother Australia. Usually, it just ends up being someone who uploads old and new content to a shared private drive. The good thing with Google Drive is you can download, or stream without downloading.

This thread on Reddit had a Google Drive for older seasons of The Challenge, but the concept would be the same for most RTV shows.

I'm hearing rumblings the cast will be released today. Some teasers over the weekend suggested there is a "17th Housemate". The language they're using makes the 17th housemate stand out as a Returnee or RTV Star like Cirie last year. I know this season is all about AI so I'm probably assuming the 17th Housemate will be AI somehow (even if it's just a human following AI instructions).

I would be annoyed if it turned out to be some form of Robot. The Circle JUST did that twist... and they made Sam into a robot a few seasons ago laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th July 2024, 08:55 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Spoiler via Sharon Tharp on the 17th Houseguest: The houseguests will have the power to vote in a 17th HG during the two-night premiere

OMG LEAH IS A VIP COCKTAIL WAITRESS!!! I immediately stan.

Live feed changes: starting this season, archives and flashbacks are no longer available (this isn’t going down well)

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 15th July 2024, 09:31 PM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th July 2024, 09:19 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

For the Americans (and non Americans with VPN!)

+Quote this post
Riser
post 16th July 2024, 01:38 AM
Post #11
Group icon
Unburdened by what has been
User: 19,534

QUOTE(Aaron. @ 15th July 2024, 04:55 PM) *
Live feed changes: starting this season, archives and flashbacks are no longer available (this isn’t going down well)
Does this mean the feeds can only be viewed live? Or just that feeds from previous seasons were removed?

Either way, sounds too similar to what brought down BBCAN.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 16th July 2024, 02:07 AM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

When subscribed to Paramount+ the Flashback feature was only available on Browser, iOS (essentially everywhere but the Paramount+ App) the feature allowed you to go back to anytime during that current seasons feeds.

Ie: if we were on Day 50. You could go back to Day 40 and re-watch the feeds.

So yes, essentially you must watch the feeds live now. They actually used to have the feeds up for the previous season all the way up to the premiere episode of the following season.. but they took last years down early for some reason.

BBCAN essentially just cancelled the feeds all together. Although nobody on Twitter seems happy with these changes, there are individuals who record the feeds regardless.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 16th July 2024, 02:08 AM

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 18th July 2024, 12:29 AM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Absolute Queen.
We need an All Winners season and a Final 4 of Lisa/Jun/Taylor and Nicole.

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 18th July 2024, 02:24 AM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I thought that premiere was a bit weak. I’m fine without a live launch, but that could have just been 2-hours. Get them in. Do the twist. Done.

I also hate themed seasons. It’s just their way of introducing twists now. Anyways a quick rank on the first 8:

Angela: MOTHER. I love her already! I think if she can get her pulse on the strategy and gameplay she could be one to watch out for.
Makensy: ugh I hate the spelling but she seems like she will be a comp beast. Likely a target but I hope she makes it to Jury at least and DROPS the desire for a showmance. She’s almost like Kristen (BB12) and Angela (BB20).
Joesph: I think maybe there’s something here.. but the people that call themselves the Strategic Mastermind always go early. He reminds me of Jordan from BBCAN.
Kimo: he had a little hustle to him in that competition I was impressed!
Chelsie: I think I’ll end up rooting for her but she needs to pull up her socks a bit in the comps. That was pretty simple and straight forward and probably the easiest comp they’ll do this year.
Rubina: cute I like her but didn’t get much.
Cam: he’s gonna go early cuz he’s gonna be a comp threat I can see it already. He seems nice but I have my eye on other people.
Tucker: this is just Zach Rance 2.0, my guess is he’s out before Jury.

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 19th July 2024, 11:42 AM

+Quote this post
Cody Nedoroscik
post 19th July 2024, 03:48 AM
Post #15
Group icon

First impression rankings based on vibes and what I got from these past two episodes. These rankings have been swinging wilder than the early solar system drama.gif

1.) Quinn - This is the most Joseph-coded person who has stepped foot in the BB house and I'm gonna be so disappointed if he ends up hating him 💀 I'm surprised I like him so much. I was kinda meh on him pre-season, idk Michael in a Grodner wig wasn't that much of a selling point, but he really brought it in his debut comp. He'll either keep surprising me like America did or fizzle out too quickly but for now enjoy that #1 spot. Probably a winner contender.

2.) T'kor - I'm sorry she is just too cute to resist ❤️ I've been loving the energy she had been bringing to the pre-season interviews and content and she's kept herself pretty consistent up until now. I'm not sure she'll be good at this game but she'll be good/wholesome feeds for sure.

3.) Leah - No doubt she'll make me laugh but more in the ironic way like Kat, Izzy, etc. She's also... kinda intuitive when it comes to this game? I greatly underestimated her from pre-season. I thought she was gonna be the "head empty no thoughts" type HG but she's doing super well. I can see her with a cult following a la America.

4.) Rubina - Another one who belongs in the "too cute to resist" section. I'm sure people are gonna get tired of her antics like they did with Blue but imma enjoy it while it lasts.

5.) Angela - She's HILARIOUS. Not sure she's at Felicia levels of unserious and unhinged yet but she's getting there. I get the same vibes with Rubina where I feel her heart and spirit but I know it won't last and it'll be heartbreaking when the fandom turns on her.

6.) Kimo - Probably the freshest casting choice BB has made this season. I can see him making really good TV if the gameplay doesn't work out.

7.) Matt - I love that the token eye candy casting choice is Southeast Asian this time (HE'S FILIPINO!!!!!) but he's for sure giving "head empty no thoughts"/"should have been on Love Island" vibes. Like he's a fan but not the parasocial type and that to this toxic ash fandom is like sharks smelling blood. I wish him luck. But I just know he's gonna be bad news and I'm gonna regret all of this by week 3.

8.) Makensy - I hate to say it because her vibes are so BB20 Angela that it hurts but this might be my winner contender. She's giving comp beast. I'm also getting the feeling she's really ruthless to a point but I can also see her having some humanity. She's not a lost cause just yet.

9.) Cedric - It would not surprise me one bit if this guy is neurodivergent. I lowkey see him spiraling and he'll probably end up going home first but for now he's my hot mess.

10.) Tucker - idk he's giving me trying too hard vibes but more in the Tommy Bracco sense and not in the Zach Rance "he'll make good ass TV" sense. He's also really cute so I know he's gonna be bad news. *sigh* why can I never thirst in peace-

11.) Joseph - He's doing the bare minimum (not piss me off) and it's working for him so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

12.) Chelsie - She's giving delusional DR mainstay like Raven & Jasmine before her laugh.gif she's definitely pissed everyone in the fandom off with her beliefs but she's a bit of a non-entity when it comes to the game.

13.) Cam - He's an NPC I'm sorry laugh.gif I just see nothing interesting about him that I don't get from The Bachelor.

14.) Lisa - I honestly forgot everything she did this episode oops laugh.gif

15.) Brooklyn - Aside from her (to be tasteful here) questionable friend choices, she seems like the type to genuinely scare me. She's giving Karen but with more of that "sharks smelling blood" vibe. I know she's gonna go off on someone for the most egregious shit.

16.) Kenney - NO.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 19th July 2024, 06:56 AM
Post #16
Group icon
sick nasty
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

I've not even seen episode 2 yet but I am a Quinn stan for life x

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 19th July 2024, 11:53 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Thoughts on the 2nd Group, however, I'll be honest I completely glazed over that entire episode after they went in:

T-Kor: are you kidding me I was expecting Leah to be my #1 fav but she STOLE the show. Best casting in YEARS I adore her already.
Leah: omg the dad bod supporter. I love her already, if she can avoid a showmance and play the game I will stan.
Quinn: I think everyone wants Quinn to team up with Leah and I'm here for it!
Lisa: I liked Lisa, and definitely want to see more!
Brooklyn: I have my eye on her, if she can not come across as a mean girl I think she could do well. Makensy will be a great shield for her.
Matt: I liked him a bit better than what I thought, but I just hope he gets into a showmance, gets targetted and is out before Jury.
Cedric: I think he'll be one of the most liked houseguests but I don't think he has what it takes to win.
Kenny: absolutely not get him out.
Ainsley: DEAD LAST KAYSAR DID THE 2X EVICTED BEFORE JURY BETTER.

I didn't even watch the end of the episode, what are the twists moving into next week?
Some light feed spoilers that I saw on my timeline this morning including HOH Spoiler.

HOH: omg it's Angela
Sounds like for now she's targeting Kenney (YES!) potential noms Kimo, Lisa.
Apparently, there is a larger alliance being formed and the house seems somewhat split at this time. Makensy has her eye on Angela as a target and Makensy doesn't like Leah.

Potential early alliance: Leah, Quinn, Angela and Joseph YES!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Aaron.: 19th July 2024, 04:19 PM

+Quote this post
Cody Nedoroscik
post 19th July 2024, 07:09 PM
Post #18
Group icon

DAMN IT MAKENSY YOU’RE EMBARRASSING ME

+Quote this post