BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> HATECHART 2020 RESULTS, complete; full results on pg.3
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Brer
post 10th December 2020, 01:47 PM
Post #21
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

That period of Sam Fischer and JP Saxe being played on the chart show every week was painful.

I am kind of surprised 'Go Crazy' is this high, I know it's Chris Brown but aside from that I don't really see what there is to hate about it. The rest of the remaining songs I get even though I do like a few of them.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post 10th December 2020, 02:01 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308

I'm not liking the fact Woi is in the top 20 here. Although I don't like some of the lyrics I think in general its a really good drill tune.

This post has been edited by Road Salt Mixer: 10th December 2020, 02:08 PM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 10th December 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

That last section is horrendous, save for Jubel. Even that Drake song is pretty poor.

But those other 3 were a plague on the charts, and all were utterly horrendous.

From what's left there's only 4 I dislike.

+Quote this post
danG
post 13th December 2020, 02:32 PM
Post #24
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

HATECHART 2020 | #16-20

16 90 Anne-Marie ~ Birthday
17 87 Surf Mesa ~ ILY (I Love You Baby) (feat. Emilee)
18 85 James Arthur ~ Train Wreck
19 83 Justin Bieber ~ Holy (feat. Chance the Rapper)
20 81 Chris Brown and Young Thug ~ Go Crazy

Chris Brown starts off the top 20 with what was his biggest hit of the year in 'Go Crazy'. The song isn't really to my taste but it wasn't exactly bad either, it shows here as a big Chris Brown hit would usually get a fair bit more disdain. His old friend Justin Bieber is next to appear with what is the first of three appearances for him in the top 20 with 'Holy'. The song wasn't his most offensive of the year but still rather poor, and not helped by a pointless Chance verse either. James Arthur's worst hit of the year actually dates from a good few years back but "thanks" to TikTok it had a belated push. It's a song that really did not need to be dug up out of the ground with it being James at his most whiney and boring again. At #17, my personal least favourite dance hit of the year in 'ILY', a dull rework of 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' with a lifeless vocal to go with it. America showed their poor taste in making it one of the few dance songs to actually cross over into their top 40 in recent memory too. Finally we get confirmation that Anne-Marie has not "Won" the list for a 2nd time as 'Birthday' is only at #16, good news for anyone on "Team Anne-Marie". It was yet another annoying track from Anne-Marie who can do better, but clearly decides not to in favour of these types of songs. At least it wasn't half as big of a hit as '2002', as the label were clearly hoping for. Thankfully it had left the chart long before my own birthday.

+Quote this post
danG
post 13th December 2020, 05:29 PM
Post #25
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

HATECHART 2020 | #11-15

11 113 Ritt Momney ~ Put Your Records On
12 110 Justin Bieber and Benny Blanco ~ Lonely
13 109 StaySolidRocky - Party Girl
14 91 M Huncho ~ Pee Pee
15 91 Nathan Dawe ~ Flowers (feat. Jaykae)

Another of the few dance songs I've not enjoyed this year is in at #15, it was of course the breakthrough hit for Nathan Dawe with his cover of the garage classic 'Flowers', turning it into a generic fit for Love Island track. To make it even worse he had to get one of the most annoying sounding rappers to have made the chart in recent memory in Jaykae as the guest who reminded chart listeners on a weekly basis that roses are indeed red, and violets blue. Tying for points is M Huncho, one of the many British rappers whose music I don't at all care for. Most of his tracks have such little impact that they were largely forgotten about come Hatechart season, but the one to stand out was of course was 'Pee Pee' because, well the title says it all. One hit wonder rappers boosted by TikTok continued to be a thing in 2020 with the most offensive of the lot according to Buzzjack being 'Party Girl' from StaySolidRocky. The song managed to outpeak every song released by A$AP Rocky but he most likely won't be as fondly remembered. I quite like it as a guilty pleasure but I can't really complain at its placing here. Justin Bieber shows his face again at #12 with most recent single 'Lonely', one of his most whiney singles yet so I'm pleased it is his 2nd-most disliked track of the year. Just missing a space in the top 10 (by a point) is Ritt Momney (another TikTok 1HW) with what has to be the worst cover version of the year to be a chart hit in 'Put Your Records On', which made the original sound like a masterpiece in comparison.

+Quote this post
danG
post 13th December 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #26
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

HATECHART 2020 | TOP 10 (A–Z)

6ix9ine ~ Gooba
6ix9ine ~ Yaya
6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj ~ Trollz
Cardi B ~ WAP (feat. Meghan Thee Stallion)
Digga D ~ Woi
Drake ~ Toosie Slide
Justin Bieber ~ Yummy 
Michael Ball, Captain Tom Moore and The NHS Voices of Care Choir ~ You'll Never Walk Alone
Pop Smoke ~ Mood Swings (feat. Lil Tjay)
YNW Melly ~ Suicidal

HATECHART 2020 | #21-55 RECAP

11 113 Ritt Momney ~ Put Your Records On
12 110 Justin Bieber and Benny Blanco ~ Lonely
13 109 StaySolidRocky - Party Girl
14 91 M Huncho ~ Pee Pee
15 91 Nathan Dawe ~ Flowers (feat. Jaykae)
16 90 Anne-Marie ~ Birthday
17 87 Surf Mesa ~ ILY (I Love You Baby) (feat. Emilee)
18 85 James Arthur ~ Train Wreck
19 83 Justin Bieber ~ Holy (feat. Chance the Rapper)
20 81 Chris Brown and Young Thug ~ Go Crazy
21 77 Sam Fischer ~ This City
22 75 Surfaces ~ Sunday Best
23 74 Jubël ~ Dancing in the Moonlight (feat. Neimy)
24 74 JP Saxe ~ If The World Was Ending (feat. Julia Michaels)
25 73 Drake ~ Chicago Freestyle (feat. Giveon)
26 70 Tory Lanez ~ The Take (feat. Chris Brown)
27 68 Jawsh 685 and Jason Derulo ~ Savage Love (Laxed - Siren Beat)
28 68 Internet Money - Lemonade (feat. Gunna, Don Toliver and Nav)
29 66 Justin Bieber ~ Intentions (feat. Quavo)
30 66 Jason Derulo, Puri and Jhorrmountain ~ Coño
31 62 Pop Smoke ~ What You Know Bout Love
32 59 Eminem ~ Those Kinda Nights (feat. Ed Sheeran)
33 58 Conan Gray - Heather
34 57 Tion Wayne ~ I Dunno (feat. Dutchavelli and Stormzy)
35 55 DJ Khaled ~ Greece (feat. Drake)
36 55 Salem Ilese ~ Mad At Disney
37 50 Demi Lovato ~ I Love Me
38 47 Niko B ~ Who's That What's That
39 45 Lewis Capaldi ~ Before You Go
40 45 DJ Khaled ~ Popstar (feat. Drake)
41 43 Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber ~ Stuck With U
42 40 Matt Lucas ~ Thank You Baked Potato
43 37 Live Lounge Allstars ~ Times Like These
44 36 M1llionz ~ B1llionz
45 34 Shawn Mendes ~ Wonder
46 33 Sigala and James Arthur ~ Lasting Lover
47 27 Joel Corry ~ Lonely
48 23 Mabel ~ Boyfriend
49 22 Anne-Marie ~ To Be Young (feat. Doja Cat)
50 20 Maroon 5 ~ Memories
51 20 Tate McRae - You Broke Me First
52 19 Sam Smith and Demi Lovato ~ I'm Ready
53 19 Powfu ~ Death Bed (feat. Beabadoobee)
54 17 Dixie D'Amelio - Be Happy
55 17 Little Mix - Not A Pop Song

Comments and predictions?

+Quote this post
Brer
post 13th December 2020, 05:34 PM
Post #27
Group icon

Ah, 'Go Crazy' was literally at #20, there we go then ~ I found that song pretty mediocre the first time I heard it tbf but it was never awful and it did grow on me a decent amount after hearing it a few more times, it's easily the best Chris Brown song in quite a few years. Not that I support Chris Brown continuing to be relevant of course but have to be honest about the quality of the actual music. x

I quite like 'Train Wreck', not quite up there with James' best songs but it's far from his worst as well! 'Holy' is also a fine enough song that also grew on me a bit. And, a few questionable lyrics aside, 'Pee Pee' is musically one of M Huncho's more interesting songs (I quite liked a couple of the songs off his collab mixtape with Nafe Smallz as well so he's showing signs of improving unlike a certain other British 'trap wave' act x). I get the hate for the Ritt Momney song but I still quite like it, it sounds cheap but I like the aesthetic it's going for.

Anne-Marie and StaySolidRocky both should definitely be in the top 10. And thanks for pointing out that 'Party Girl' outcharted A$AP Rocky's entire discography. I hate it. x Surf Mesa and Nathan Dawe songs both really should not exist.

+Quote this post
seven.
post 13th December 2020, 05:51 PM
Post #28
Group icon
i can only do one normal thing a day
User: 14,428

Ritt Momney voters be like 🤡 🤡 the one actually good/interesting cover hit this year, i'm glad it crossed over just to troll you all x

also Birthday is far worse than the forgettable song Anne-Marie won with last year? laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 13th December 2020, 05:56 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Ugh Ritt should be top 10. Awful cover and the Surf Mesa cover was totally pointless too.

+Quote this post
Tefo
post 13th December 2020, 08:14 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 111,940

'Party Girl' was my 18-pointer. It's as if someone took the worst things about today's music, both musically and lyrically, and put them in one song. Good to see my points made some difference here as without them it would have the exact same score as 'Pee Pee' and 'Flowers' but thanks to them it pulled far ahead.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 14th December 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

ILY & Flowers were both so horrendous. Shame they aren't even higher...

Actually think that's one of Chris Brown's worst songs in recent years, although don't exactly hate it per sé.

I for one am thankful for TiKTok for once for digging up that particular James Arthur hit. One of his best!

I was very indifferent to Party Girl at the time but I've actually grown to love it, definitely an acquired taste let's just say laugh.gif

I only hate You'll Never Walk Alone & Mood Swings from the top 10 so one of them to win.

+Quote this post
danG
post 14th December 2020, 05:14 PM
Post #32
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

HATECHART 2020 | #09-10

9 114 YNW Melly ~ Suicidal
10 114 Michael Ball, Captain Tom Moore and The NHS Voices of Care Choir ~ You'll Never Walk Alone

We start off the top 10 with... Captain Tom Moore?! For all his fundraising efforts I don't think he really deserves to be top 10 in the Hatechart, although I'd be lying if I pretended to enjoy the song. It's of course a cover version of a song that has been overdone, and carried mostly by Michael Ball who I'm not fond of. Tying for points is one of the worst people in music YNW Melly who the Great British Public not only let have a hit about murdering people last year but now gave a second hit to this year with a song that sounds just as whiny and almost as bad from however much I could get through it.

+Quote this post
Jason
post 14th December 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #33
Group icon
I've been looking for a Lasting Lover
User: 3,149

Thank God Suicidal spent only 1 week in the top 40 at #37. sick2.gif

That You'll Never Walk Alone version was really rubbish despite being for charity reasons. Sorry.

Yes! Cardi B still to come yahoo.gif

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 14th December 2020, 05:55 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

If we're basing off song quality alone (which I was for this chart) then You'll Never Walk Alone is unquestionably the worst thing I heard of 2020. Could barely make it through the song.

Despite being the only person on here who liked Murder On My Mind this Melly song was very bland and so forgettable I couldn't even remember how it went.

+Quote this post
oof
post 14th December 2020, 06:02 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 86,345

Yeah I know it was for a good cause and whatnot but YNWA is unlistenable. In hindsight I should have given that horrendous PYRO cover more points.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 14th December 2020, 06:08 PM
Post #36
Group icon

The Ball & Moore version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' has a charm to it that makes it hard to dislike for me. Doesn't make it a good cover of the song, but it's endearing.

'Suicidal' was the nadir of the YNW Melly discography, absolutely unbearable. Here's hoping we are well past the phase of him getting hit singles.

+Quote this post
danG
post 14th December 2020, 09:56 PM
Post #37
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥

HATECHART 2020 | #07-08

7 143 Digga D ~ Woi
8 140 6ix9ine ~ Yaya

Everyone's favourite punching bag of the year 6ix9ine had a comeback this year after being released from prison, with all three of his singles of the year making the Top 10. The first of them is 'Yaya', one of his Spanish language singles which meant it wasn't half as big a hit as the other two, only just about making the top 100 and being quickly forgotten about. The album that soon followed was a big flop too thankfully and it looks like this time he really will be gone for good, we can all only hope. He has two songs remaining one of which could give him a second Hatechart "winner". Another rapper who is familiar with the inside of a prison is here too in Digga D, with 'Woi' which he quickly released after being released. Supposedly it was the worst Drill song of the year, according to Buzzjack. Perhaps not helped by his constant ad-libbing throughout.

+Quote this post
Brer
post 14th December 2020, 11:26 PM
Post #38
Group icon

I feel pretty confident in saying 6ix9ine's relevance is permanently over now, him getting the Hot 100 #1 was maybe a necessary evil to complete his plot arc x 'YAYA' was the worst of his three top 100 hits but ofc not surprised at it being the lowest here since there will be a lot of people who haven't heard it.

I really am not sure how anyone took 'Woi' seriously, it's only about half a step removed from 'Man's Not Hot' except seemingly played off as a real song. The music video is heavily cringeworthy as well. If it was intentionally a troll then I respect it I guess. Definitely the worst major UK drill hit though. ('Chingy (It's Whatever)' also kind of sounds like a joke song but it is significantly better)

+Quote this post
rio309
post 14th December 2020, 11:32 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 109,984

Even allowing for the amount of dross around it, I'm still gutted that Flowers didn't make the Top 10 at least

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 15th December 2020, 11:10 AM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Yep I don't hate Woi or anything but by far the worst drill track I've heard this year. Shame as I really liked No Diet.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 08:46 AM