BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Petite Meller 'Barbaric', october 02 2015
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
jakee
post 15th August 2015, 06:57 AM
Post #1
Group icon
i thought you wore the hairpiece for style
Pronouns: ·
User: 47

QUOTE(noisy interview)
her next single, tentatively entitled “Barbaric,” is already in the works, and from how she described the concept, it seems things are only going to continue getting darker and more introspective. With this song, Petite Meller explores the plight of Daniel Paul Schreber, a 19th century judge whose recounted battles with mental illness had a tremendous influence on Freud and the development of psychoanalysis. The crux of the issue was that Freud believed Schreber’s symptoms and eventual insanity stemmed from his repressed sexuality. Petite Meller again creates an intersection between her music and her philosophy studies to confront complex issues like repression and psychosis in the public arena. “When you go to the bank, you can’t suck your fingers,” she said. “In my videos I’m trying to show what it’s like to live the life you repress instead of a psychotic reality.”

*.* she is incredible, i hope this will be too.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post 15th August 2015, 07:12 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

oh yes! definitely excited for this. the last I heard from her was Baby Love though so I hope it can be as good as that please.

+Quote this post
Ryan.
post 22nd September 2015, 03:14 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 12,608

It's out on Spotify and iTunes now! Very similar to 'Baby Love' but not quite as good on first listen. The former did take a few listens to properly click, so maybe this one will too!

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 23rd September 2015, 02:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

I think I like this more than 'Baby Love'!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 05:49 PM