BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Survivor
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
diva thin muffin
post 15th April 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

I was shocked to realize there is no topic on one of the OG reality TV show giants Survivor. Are there really no fans on here? Whether it be the good old school Survivor or the new seasons surely some of you must watch it?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th April 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #2
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston
User: 25,045

Myself and Aaron have talked about Australian Survivor in the Aus reality tv thread - but no there's no Survivor thread yet!

Until late last year I had never seen Survivor! I started watched the Australian one and really loved it, and again this year with the All Stars seasons which made me look into the US Survivor! I haven't seen any full seasons but I've watched a LOT of Youtube clips from there and seen a few episodes of US All Stars from 2004/5 and like 2 episodes of Winners At War. I really want to properly watch some of the US one - preferably Boston Rob & Parvati's original seasons.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 15th April 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Omg I love Australian Survivor although I've only seen season 1 (3) so far. Phoebe and Brooke heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

So I think I'mma use this thread to rank the Survivor seasons from 39 to 1 with some highlights and my fav contestants from the seasons etc and once Winners at War is over I'll add that in.

here they are for good measure.

Survivor 01: Borneo
Survivor 02: The Australian Outback
Survivor 03: Africa
Survivor 04: Marquesas
Survivor 05: Thailand
Survivor 06: The Amazon
Survivor 07: Pearl Islands
Survivor 08: All-Stars
Survivor 09: Vanuatu
Survivor 10: Palau
Survivor 11: Guatemala
Survivor 12: Panama - Exile Island
Survivor 13: Cook Islands
Survivor 14: Fiji
Survivor 15: China
Survivor 16: Micronesia
Survivor 17: Gabon
Survivor 18: Tocantins
Survivor 19: Samoa
Survivor 20: Heroes vs Villains
Survivor 21: Nicaragua
Survivor 22: Redemption Island
Survivor 23: South Pacific
Survivor 24: One World
Survivor 25: Philippines
Survivor 26: Caramoan
Survivor 27: Blood vs Water
Survivor 28: Cagayan
Survivor 29: San Juan Del Sur
Survivor 30: Worlds Apart
Survivor 31: Cambodia
Survivor 32: Kaoh Rong
Survivor 33: Millennials vs Gen X
Survivor 34: Game Changers
Survivor 35: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers
Survivor 36: Ghost Island
Survivor 37: David vs Goliath
Survivor 38: Edge of Extinction
Survivor 39: Island of the Idols
Survivor 40: Winners at War

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 15th April 2020, 12:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

Survivor has been a staple for me since the first episode.
I'd recommend watching anything with great legacy players, Parvati for sure, Rob, Sandra.
Season 16 is a must watch.
Season 20 is a must watch.

I like finding players and following them around if they've done it a few times, like Cirie for example.
I posted in the 'General Topic' in this forum as well, the last season with the #MeToo and the editing was really good storytelling. Meh season, but interesting developments.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 15th April 2020, 12:29 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Trying to keep these relatively spoiler free and at least shy away from spoiling exact placements and such. Read at your own risk if you haven't seen this season but the last part (do I recommend it) is at least spoiler free biggrin.gif

39. South Pacific

Season No: 23
Number of Contestants: 16 new + 2 returnees (Ozzy and Coach)
Main Twists: Returning players, redemption twist where two voted off castaways win a chance to return in the middle of the season.
Winner: Sophie Clarke won against Benjamin "Coach" Wade and Albert DeStrade.

Where did they f**k up?
"South Pacific" was easily the worst Survivor season I have seen. It was a chore to get through. Some of the best characters were voted off early on, the redemption twist was awful in S22 and even worse in this season and both of the returnees were awful. Some of the casting choices were absolutely awful such as Brandon, Jim and obviously the two returnees. Cochran got tiring really fast and there were some REALLY sexist undertones in this season as some girls were voted off for being attractive and the guys were being tempted too much by having them there which was just. No. Interesting castaways were invisible for the most part in order for production to j**k off Coach and Ozzy on their third returns to the show they'd already failed to win twice prior to this.

What did they get right for Season 23?
I honestly don't know if they got anything right here. I guess there were some solid casting choices here, but for the most part this was not a great season. Despite an awful lead up I actually liked the winner and I thought the women were for the most part FAR superior to the men (this will be a recurring theme in this list lol). Some awesome ladies I would love to see again some day include Stacey Powell, Christine Shield Markoski and Edna Ma. Dawn was alright but I liked her a bit better in the clusterf**k that was Caramoan.

My favorite contestant(s)
Christine by far. Edna and Stacey were great but none had as great of a character act as Christine did. She was underestimated by her tribe, had absolutely no patience for these useless returnees and fought really hard and would have come back from that stupid twist if Ozzy didn't have such a massive ego and just HAD to go to RI and send her home for whatever reason (she wasn't even on his tribe originally and would have gladly sided with them at the merge). She had quite the underdog arc and her presence in the merge would have made this season much more bearable. I really hope she returns some day and gets to properly show her worth. Her friendship with Stacey was awesome and I so wish they had made it further than they did.

My least favorite contestant(s)
It's hard to choose between Coach, Brandon, Jim and Ozzy because all suck. Ozzy I guess was the least annoying but his holier-than-thou "I'm a provider I should win" attitude was tired after Cook Islands so it's even more annoying on his third return. Coach was also not funny on his first outing so his third time showing up with his lunacy and camera hogging was not a welcome sight. Jim is a sexist turd and just an overall super annoying presence but no one was worse than Brandon Hantz. He came in riding the legacy wave left by his uncle Russell who was also annoying as hell and honestly I feel Brandon's problem isn't even necessarily his own fault because I don't understand how his tribe mates enabled his behavior when it's obvious he was unhinged and obviously has some mental disorder and should not have been cast in the first place. He is sexist, creepy and very uncomfortable to watch for an X amount of episodes and it doesn't help that for some reason production thought he was a good choice to return for S26.

Do I recommend this season to new viewers?
Not unless you absolutely have to watch every single season of Survivor. It honestly took me a few months just to finish this because I got literally zero enjoyment out of the episodes after a certain point.

Cast Ranking of Survivor: South Pacific
01: Christine Shields Markoski
02: Stacey Powell
03: Sophie Reade
04: Edna Ma
05: Dawn Meehan
06: Albert Destrade
07: Whitney Duncan
08: John Cochran
09: Rick Nelson
10: Elyse Umemoto
11: Mikayla Wingle
12: Keith Tollefson
13: Mark "Papa Bear" Caruso
14: Semhar Tadesse
15: Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth
16: Benjamin "Coach" Wade
17: Jim Rice
18: Brandon Hantz

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 16th April 2020, 04:09 PM

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 15th April 2020, 12:36 PM
Post #6
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

I love this *.* This will definitely help me decide which seasons to start with laugh.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 15th April 2020, 02:14 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

38. Thailand

Season No: 5
Number of Contestants: 16 new castaways
Main Twists: Oldest male & older female picked the tribes, fake merge at F10
Winner: Brian Heidik won against Clay Jordan.

Where did they f**k up?
"Thailand" is by most considered one of, if not THE, most boring season of Survivor ever. It not only had a dreadful cast but it also had a very annoying twist in the fake merge. I think generally I would have liked this as a one off twist but the fact that one of the most interesting people left was voted out in the fake merge didn't help matters in the slightest. I absolutely HATED the winner who is easily one of the worst winners in Survivor history both thanks to their behaviour on the show and off it and in fact most of the final six were miserable bast*rds that were not enjoyable to watch in the slightest. There were some very uncomfortable moments on this season and homophobia and sexism were rampant on here. This season was bad in 2002 and it has aged like milk.

What did they get right for Season 23?
There were some good casting choices here, namely Shii Ann Huang, Penny Ramsey, Robb Zbacnik, Jan Gentry and Clay Jordan. There was also some very appreciated eye candy in Ken Stafford but other than that the cast was very meh. Thankfully only Shii Ann has since returned although I wouldn't mind seeing Penny or Robb again in a old school vs new school type season. The location was great as Thailand was very beautiful but they could have utilised it a lot better. I guess.. I like the tribe colors? Idk. There's not a whole lot to compliment here.

The good contestants
Shii Ann Huang is obviously the main stand out for this season. She was interesting and likeable despite being absolute shit at the game. She was on the outs of her tribe and her demise in the game, while it marked the loss of one of the few enjoyable remaining castaways, was absolutely hilarious. Penny Ramsey made a fun Regina George-esque character that was a bit villainous but still likeable enough that you wanted her to get further. Her rivalry with the outcasts was one of the few highlights. Robb Zbacnik was a strange, interesting, one of a kind presence that I'm not sure we've seen a lot of since. He was a loveable oddball and deserved to go further. Jan and Clay were literally the only two likeable people on Chuay Gahn, Jan was a crazy animal lover and overly emotional and Clay was just a troll and in most other seasons he probably would have been insufferable but he was a nice contrast to the miserable boomers he was allied to. Ghandia deserves a shout out here too but her time on the show was mishandled horribly by both production and her tribe mates.

The bad contestants
Brian Heidik and Ted Rogers Jr are easy to point at here given their sexist ways on the show. Ted had a famous moment with Ghandia where he was inappropriately touching her and grinding on her. The whole thing was made into a comedic moment while Ghandia was literally in tears. Her tribe did not stand by her in the slightest and soon afterwards voted her out which was sad to see when Ted really should have just been expelled. Brian was very sexist on the show and an even more disgusting person after it as he actually shot a puppy on camera for laughs. John Raymond was a homophobic preacher, Helen Glover was a negative nancy if I've ever seen one and Jake Billingsley may very well be the single most boring contestant in Survivor's twenty year history.

No. Nobody in the history of Survivor has ever recommended Survivor: Thailand and I'm not about to start now.

Cast Ranking of Survivor: Thailand
01: Robb Zbacnik
02: Shii Ann Huang
03: Penny Ramsey
04: Jan Gentry
05: Clay Jordan
06: Ghandia Johnson
07: Ken Stafford
08: Tanya Vance
09: Erin Collins
10: Jed Hildebrand
11: Stephanie Dill
12: Helen Glover
13: Jake Billingsley
14: John Raymond
15: Ted Rogers, Jr.
16: Brian Heidik

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 16th April 2020, 04:12 PM

+Quote this post
Riser
post 15th April 2020, 07:23 PM
Post #8
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Survivor is my favorite show and has been for most of my life! That said, I have a very short-term memory with it, meaning once a new season starts I don't retain very much from the previous season (even several people on this current season are players I either entirely forgot about for forgot that they won!) so I'm impressed anytime I see someone rank all the seasons like this! That would be impossible for me but I'll use this thread to try and re-familiarize myself.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 15th April 2020, 07:38 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I've watched the odd episode but never stuck with it and really got into it for some reason, even though I love Big Brother USA which is similar in the gameplay aspect and shares a couple of contestants, and I've watched this one clip many a time since being introduced to it

I imagine she's a total queen and icon during the entirety of any seasons she's on

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 15th April 2020, 09:26 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(J🐠hq @ Apr 15 2020, 07:38 PM) *
I imagine she's a total queen and icon during the entirety of any seasons she's on

She pretty much is the queen of Survivor. Not only is she a legend gameplay wise but also her personality is a 12 out of 10. Most of the three- or four-peats have outgrown their welcome but honestly I'd watch twenty seasons with Parvati laugh.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 16th April 2020, 04:00 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

37. Worlds Apart

Season No: 30
Number of Contestants: 18 new castaways
Main Twists: Tribes were split along the lines of "white collar" (corporate world), "blue collar" (manual labor) and "no collar" (passion based occupations).
Winner: Mike Holloway won against Carolyn Rivera and Will Sims II.

What happened on this season?
"Worlds Apart" was one of those seasons that had an interesting set up and a really interesting cast but somehow managed to royally screw all of that up. While I'm personally tired of the "X vs Y vs Z" set ups in Survivor as a main theme I think it's often interesting as a background theme but not the main driving point but okay - the profession divide is an interesting concept I'll agree to that. However while the cast is on the whole interesting the boot order is ALL wrong. Literally out of the final seven I kind of liked maybe two of them while the rest either mostly sucked or were absolutely abhorrent TV to watch. The season has some of the worst bullying I've ever seen on Survivor and it was so hard to watch literal grown up children Will and Dan berate Shirin like they did because .. they found her annoying I guess? A lot of the prejurors here were amazing and had huge potential too so it was hard to watch them pick off the good players in the pre-merge and early merge leaving literally the worst of the worst to reach the final stage of the game. I suppose out of the people left at least two of the bearable ones made the final and the winner was okay and actually my preferred choice out of the final 7 so that was alright. Also while most of them went WAY early this season had good casting choices that made for good TV in the first half of the season.

Jenn's best bits.

The good contestants
Starting off we got Joaquin who is my ULTIMATE Survivor crush. He's literally the most beautiful man I have ever seen on this show and I will never sway from this opinion. He was also fun to watch, not great at the game but not too bad either and could have done some real damage in a better world. Shirin was a sweetheart even if she was pretty annoying sometimes lol. Hali was underused and hilarious. Jenn was a MOOD through and throughout. She lost interest pretty much halfway through because there were so many awful people left I guess and she knew her days were numbered and while I usually don't like quitters idk why but she was just so funny the whole time. Carolyn was okay and would probably have been much more fun had she not been aligned with so many awful people. Mike was nice but a bit overstuffed in our faces at times. Lindsey was cute and would have been fun to see her go further. Vince was hilarious and "everything I expected him to be and maybe even more" but I'm very satisfied he didn't go any further than he did lol. So could have been interesting too.

Will showing his true character.

The bad contestants
This season had two of my least favorite contestants ever: Will Sims II and Dan Foley. Dan is a neckbeard with a superiority complex. He's this literal stereotype of a "nice guy" who turns out to literally hate women because the way he talked about and to Shirin was just incredibly uncomfortable not to mention that he literally said "can someone please slap this woman" as if that's an okay thing to say in 2015. Now.. onto Will. This guy. This worthless excuse of a human being should have stayed at home. Do you remember back in like 2014 some guy became internet famous and got on Ellen probably because he was singing at the gas pump somewhere and it was apparently enough to get him a spot on Survivor. He was awful at challenges but somehow managed to outlast some much better players and he had some questionable motives while on the show but for the most part he was harmless. Until in one episode he found a clue which led him to a hidden box filled with rations. Now understandably given the nature of the game not everyone, namely the people who weren't allied with Will: Shirin, Jenn and Mike, weren't completely sure that he was sharing everything with them (he was) and Will found out and decided to go in for the kill because his feelings were hurt. Was Will right to feel hurt? Yes, absolutely it's understandable to feel hurt when people accuse you of being sneaky when you aren't. Were Will's subsequent actions forgivable because of that? No. Absolutely not. Will did not attack all of the three that thought he was lying, he only went for Shirin and he got really personal. It was easy to see his tirade had literally nothing to do with these accusations and he was just looking for a reason to let out his hate towards Shirin as he went WAY overboard, saying that she has no one who loves her at home which was especially mean seeing as she came from a broken family, saying that literally more people like him on the island than like her at home and just some nasty nasty stuff and the worst part is literally everyone from Will's alliance was there and just stood there awkwardly and said nothing.

Legend.

Now Shirin in turn gave us easily the best moment of the entire season in the following immunity challenge. Will had decided not to spend his money in the auction on the letters from home so he tried to barter with Jeff to give up his shot at immunity (which lbr he was NEVER going to win) if he could get his letters instead. Jeff said it would be a fair deal if everyone agreed and lol Shirin was the only person to be like "f**k no you chose to not spend any money on the letters, that's your loss" and it was honestly THE most satisfying moment of the season. Later at tribal Shirin vocally murdered him in front of the jury which was also nice to see but you can just see the video above if you wanna experience this madness yourself. HOWEVER, there were some other awful castaways that were not nearly as bad as Will and Dan so lets go over them quickly: Max was a tryhard we thankfully didn't have to spend too much time with, Sierra has horrible taste in allies and is an enabler along with Carolyn and Tyler, and Rodney is just literally the dumbest person who has ever been on Survivor and while he has some hilarious moments I just can't help but feel that his bad moments outshine his good ones.

Will, horrible human being.

Ugh. I don't know. The premerge is alright and some of these moments I recommend viewing but you can literally skip the last 3 episodes or so and just look at my spoiler to see who wins lol.

Cast Ranking of Survivor: Thailand
01: Jenn Brown
02: Shirin Oskooi
03: Joaquin Souberbielle
04: Hali Ford
05: Mike Holloway
06: Carolyn Rivera
07: Lindsey Cascaddan
08: Vince Sly
09: Joe Anglim
10: Nina Poersch
11: So Kim
12: Kelly Remington
13: Sierra Dawn Thomas
14: Tyler Fredrickson
15: Rodney Lavoie Jr.
16: Max Dawson
17: Dan Foley
18: Will Sims II

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 16th April 2020, 04:02 PM

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 17th April 2020, 12:37 PM
Post #12
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

So happy to see another Jenn fan. She was an icon. Her idol play was everything wub.gif

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 17th April 2020, 04:17 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(: @ Apr 17 2020, 12:37 PM) *
So happy to see another Jenn fan. She was an icon. Her idol play was everything wub.gif

Ugh queen! I just wish they had voted out someone like Dan or Rodneg rather than inoffensive background noise Kelly lmao.

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 18th April 2020, 03:32 PM

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 18th April 2020, 04:24 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

36. Redemple Temple

Season No: 22
Number of Contestants: 16 new castaways + 2 returning tribe captains (Rob Mariano & Russell Hantz)
Main Twists: The infamous Redemption Island twist where two eliminated contestants would get a shot at returning at different points in the season + the tribe captain twist.
Winner: Rob "Boston Rob" Mariano won against Natalie Tenerelli and Phillip Sheppard.

Where do I begin? Redemption Island, or Redemple Temple as it really should be called given that the redemption arena was definitely not on an island but rather in a temple in the middle of the Nicaraguan forest, is by most Survivor fans considered THE worst season of the show. Why? Because it felt like it was specifically produced in order to give either Russell or Rob the win and the redemption twist especially felt like it was just there in case either one of them went home early then at least they'd get a shot at coming back. A huge majority of the cast didn't seem to have any idea how to play this game and on Ometepe especially Rob was allowed the chance to just run their tribe from the get go. Everyone had such a hard on for Rpb that anyone who wanted to vote him out was immediately voted out instead.

It was hard to watch this season because the few contestants that were actually interesting were either voted out prematurely or became mindless Rob zombies. The season could just as well have been called "Returnee fanwank" because they hogged the spotlight so much in a similar way to South Pacific. Additionally there were some major duds on the cast here. Phillip Sheppard is possibly my absolute last place Survivor of all time if I discount the ones that are actually bad people (Skupin, Dan Spilo, Brian Heidik, etc) because he is such a camera hog, such a tryhard and so unbelievably fake that it drives me up the wall that not only did his tribemates eat it all up but the production team thought "hey this will make great TV" which it definitely did not. If Phillip had gone home first I would have enjoyed this season at least ten times more than I did. Not to mention that Phillip is awful to some of his tribe mates and cannot take criticism AT ALL.

Other annoying castaways included Ralph Kiser who was just the ultimate white trash hickey stereotype come to life. Almost so much so that it felt like he was perhaps just acting? David Murphy was a tryhard gamebot and obviously the returnees were annoying as all hell simply because of the overexposure they were being subjected to. I also really hated Matt Elrod's (also known as TV actor Wyatt Nash today apparently - Nigel on Pretty Little Liars if anyone watches that) redemption arc. I didn't necessarily dislike him but if there is anything that gets on my nerves it's people who are overly religious and his whole shtick was thanking god for helping him stay in the game and like.. dude if god were real do you really think he's be there making sure you wind up in 6th place? lmao. His boot (both of them) was really satisfying. Almost half of the cast was pretty much invisible for the majority of their game and most of the storylines not including either the returnees or Phillip Sheppard were pretty much shafted in order to cram more of their content in. Seriously there were eighteen castaways and three of them had almost 40% of all confessionals for the whole season. This was additionally such a boring and predictable season and once it was at about the halfway point nothing surprising seemed to happen. I would NOT be shocked to learn that production had influenced a lot of things here.

On the positive side we had a few contestants that were at least fun to watch. We had iconic Francesca who can easily be considered the worst player in Survivor history given how awfully she did on both of her tries. I mean I definitely put a question mark on why she returned in Caramoan but she was still probably one of my favorite returnees that season anyway lmao. Stephanie Valencia had HUGE potential as a very interesting villainous player had she not been put on Zapatera and I so wish she had returned for Second Chances but for some reason people wanted Kelley Wentworth back instead as the token early boot female. Sarita was interesting and was apparently a HUGE diva which I love seeing on Survivor so I was sad to see her go so soon. Grant was a HUNK but wildly boring lmao. Andrea is a star and I would have loved to see how she would have done had this been a normal season but I'm happy she came back twice even if literally nothing about her is game changer worthy but lol the casting on that season made no sense anyway. But my absolute fave on this season was Ashley Underwood who was a stank bitch and she would have won this season had she made the F3 there is absolutely no doubt in my mind here. She was the ONLY player on a tribe full of Rob Zombies who could see what was happening and Rob knew that and got rid of her precisely because of that. She should have been a returnee by now and almost became one on Blood vs Water and would have made that season much better with her presence but instead we got one of the worst returnee cast ever that season so yay. She also had a great jury speech where she called [Redacted] out on their bullshit but watch at your own caution since you'll see who made the final 3 in this video if you watch it.

"I learned that if I could survive 38 days with you I can get through anything." - ugh TELL IT LIKE IT IS ASHLEY.

No. Unless you want to watch [Redacted] win and like to pretend to be shocked.

Cast Ranking of Survivor: Redemple Temple
01: Ashley Underwood
02: Andrea Boehlke
03: Stephanie Valencia
04: Francesca Hogi
05: Sarita White
06: Grant Mattos
07: Julie Wolfe
08: Mike Chiesl
09: Steve Wright
10: Kristina Kell
11: Natalie Tenerelli
12: Krista Klumpp
13: Rob Mariano
14: David Murphy
15: Matt Elrod
16: Russell Hantz
17: Ralph Kiser
18: Phillip Sheppard

This post has been edited by diva thin muffin: 18th April 2020, 04:25 PM

+Quote this post
Dexton
post 20th April 2020, 02:15 AM
Post #15
Group icon
rip in peace Dickston

QUOTE(diva thin muffin @ Apr 19 2020, 12:24 AM) *
Seriously there were eighteen castaways and three of them had almost 40% of all confessionals for the whole season. This was additionally such a boring and predictable season and once it was at about the halfway point nothing surprising seemed to happen. I would NOT be shocked to learn that production had influenced a lot of things here.

Wait until you see Australian Survivor: All Stars! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Alex P
post 2nd May 2020, 12:04 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 105,627

I enjoyed reading these will you be continuing?

+Quote this post
Alex P
post 2nd May 2020, 12:05 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 105,627

QUOTE(Infludexton* @ Apr 20 2020, 03:15 AM) *
Wait until you see Australian Survivor: All Stars! laugh.gif

Oh great I was looking forward to watching this and haven’t been spoiled.

+Quote this post
Middle
post 14th May 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 17,620

Anyone seen the S40 finale? Will put in spoilers just in case....

I've found most Survivor finales a bit anticlimactic recently, but the S40 finale must be one of the best endings of all time!! So much suspense. Tony really deserved the win this season! Entertaining, strategic, likeable, dynamic, definitely now a Survivor legend! Natalie did a good job on Edge and really made her mark on the last few days of the game, so kudos to her for 2nd place. All hell would break loose in the fandom if she had actually won though! Michele, even though received no votes, proved herself to be a worthy player this season. That fire-making challenge between Tony and Sarah was intense and super emotional. Was pretty weird having the Vote Reveal 'reunion' over Zoom, a shame it had to be that way but still overall a good end to a good season.

Hopefully it won't be long til they get to shoot for season 41!

+Quote this post
Aaron.
post 14th May 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 3,245

I was underwhelmed this season, admittedly because I wanted the older school players to do well. Ben, Jeremy and a few that made it pretty far I cared very little for so this season was a let down for me. But, I do agree, Unpredictable to the end. I just.. didn't really care for anyone at the end.
Natalie killed Edge. So proud of her.
Yeah, with COVID it's disappointing we didn't get a true Reunion, or even an attempt at a Virtual one. Having a reunion would have rounded out the season so much.
I'm sure there will be Youtube Interviews and Podcasts to tie us and answer some questions we may have since there was no reunion.. but.. I don't really care that much.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post 31st May 2020, 12:28 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568

There was only ever 2 seasons of this in the UK I loved the first one but don't really remember the second? I think Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here kind of pushed it out tbh as that launched around the same time of the second season.

+Quote this post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:21 AM