BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> LEAD SINGLES
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Your fave
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 26
Guests cannot vote 
Josh!
post Apr 10 2017, 03:38 PM
Post #1
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
How do they compare for you and were they the best choices for lead singles?!?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Apr 10 2017, 03:39 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
1. Roar
2. California Gurls
3. Chained to the Rhythm
4. I Kissed a Girl

IKAG is quite comfortably last in this rank but the other three are all excellent wub.gif Roar is my second fave Katy single behind The One That Got Away!

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post Apr 10 2017, 04:44 PM
Post #3
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161
1. Chained To The Rhythm
2. I Kissed A Girl
3. Roar
BIG GAP
4. California Girls

All are really good apart from California Girls which is hella overrated wub.gif Her lead singles so far have never been her best of their eras for me (California Girls and the title track are the worst singles by quite a way from Teenage Dream imo) It's a shame that IKAG is quite forgotten these days, it's still in her top 5 for me!

+Quote this post
JulianNial
post Apr 10 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454
For me California Gurls was certainly the most instant, I remember it took me quite a while to like Roar funnily enough, now ofcourse I adore it. I Kissed A Girl is a classic. I love a bit of Chained, but the fact it under performed chart wise puts it to the bottom for me, so I would put them in this order.

1. California Gurls
2. I Kissed A Girl
3. Roar
4. Chained To The Rhythm

+Quote this post
Brightest Blue
post Apr 10 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 23,155
1. Chained To The Rhythm
2. Roar
3. California Girls
4. I Kissed A Girl

I prefer the vocals on Roar and the song in general to CTTR, but the lyrics for CTTR are so 'woke' that it takes the top spot for me!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post Apr 10 2017, 09:38 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472
1) I Kissed a Girl
2) California Gurls
3) Chained to the Rhythm
4) Roar

'I Kissed a Girl' gets a bad rap. It's one of my favourites because it has such replay value and I just love how rebellious it is, like she knew it was going to cause a stir and just absolutely sold it. I always love it when pop has that sort of punk attitude. 'California Gurls' helps define Summer 2010 for me and just sums up everything the Teenage Dream era is about; 'Chained to the Rhythm' is something pop should be like in 2017, promoting a strong message but doing it in a fun, ironic way; 'Roar' is very anthemic but I've always found it very formulaic and in turn a bit dull.

+Quote this post
Cremey
post Apr 10 2017, 09:48 PM
Post #7
Group icon
on a bench in coney island
User: 4,089
'Chained to the Rhythm' is so far ahead of the others for me.
Not keen on 'I Kissed a Girl' at all, 'California Gurls' is pretty basic and dated, and 'Roar' I loved at the time but never have the desire to go back to.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post Apr 10 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #8
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403
roar is the BEST by a mile

and ! at me making it a 1 2 3 4 in the poll x

+Quote this post
Josh!
post Apr 11 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #9
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692
For me:
1 California Gurls
2 Roar
3 Chained to the Rhythm
4 I Kissed a Girl

The top two are LUSH pop songs and perfect tracks really and both caught my attention as lead singles. CTTR isn't her most catchy but I like that it actually has a message and it seems to have got a fair few people excited for her new stuff. IKAG is just a bit of gimmick for me really and kinda sounds annoying when I hear it.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post Apr 11 2017, 11:36 PM
Post #10
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117
For me:

1 Roar
2 California Gurls
3 I Kissed A Girl
4 Chained To The Rhythm

Roar is her second best song for me, it's just pop perfection. Eternally anthemic and singalong chorus, hooks in every section of the song, fun, not trying to be anything it's not, just pop done exquisitely. California Gurls is such good fun and holds such memories of when I was absolutely obsessed with her, replaying that video constantly and driving my friends mad - such an amazing time to be a Katy fan. I Kissed A Girl, similarly, just has this superb wash of nostalgia of growing up and raving about this "new song" to my friends, once again, has that kind of "karaoke classic" feel to it that I love about a lot of Katy's music. Chained To The Rhythm has already EVER SO SLIGHTLY worn off me but I am definitely glad that she tried something different and stepped away from just releasing something obvious. It just hasn't quite had the crazy fanatical "huge pop moment" blast for me for months on end that the other 3 had but it's still one of my songs of the year.

+Quote this post
slowdown73
post Apr 15 2017, 08:25 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 1,031
1. I kissed a girl
2. California gurls
3. Roar
4. Chained to the rhythm

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:18 PM