BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Before I Go to Sleep, Thriller | Nicole Kidman & Colin Firth
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 23rd October 2014, 11:46 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"Before I Go To Sleep" is a psychological thriller in which two Oscar winning actors star in. Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth are two of the best actors of their generation and they have a very significant filmography so far. In "Before I Go To Sleep", they both collaborated for the second time in a very short period of time upon request by Nicole Kidman. Their first work was "The Railway Man" which was released earlier this year in the UK and in the middle of summer in my country. "Before I Go To Sleep" is based on the novel by S.J Watson and Ridley Scott was the one who bought the rights to the film's adaptation.
I've always been a big fan of mystery thriller so there was no way not to like this film. It reminded me of the good old times of the 90's that psychological thriller had literally impact on the viewers. Do not think it is a masterpiece, but it's quite different than the other movies I've watched this year. Ridley Scott trusted Rowan Joffé to undertake the directing and the screenplay of the film and finally his choice proved correct. Joffé created a really good atmosphere and the plot kept our interest throughout the duration of film. The photography was quite good and the montage was properly edited to the most important scenes. Of course, there were some gaps in the script that could have been avoided because the movie was based on the book. However, they preferred to keep the mystery from beginning to end without considering the viewers' questions. It didn't have a bad effect on me but my friends wanted all the answers when the movie finished. The performances were very good by the two actors (Nicole Kidman was brilliant) and the penultimate scene reminded us of the old good cinematic moments. The only negative thing I can complain was the last scene. It reminded me a Greek reality programme (The Package). It was so lachrymose and full of cliches (although it hadn't an impact on me) that only the presenter of this reality show was missing to complete the whole sentimental plan.
"Before I Go To Sleep" is not one of the movies which brought many people to the cinema. Unfortunately, times have changed and only adventure, science fiction and comedies have the biggest earnings. Nevertheless, psychological thrillers have their own fanbase and they always have many rentals in dvd stores (those remaining). I wouldn't say that it was one of the best films of the year but it certainly worth watching it. I believe that the total score on IMDb is not representative at all and I feel that the voters were very strict and challenging with the movie.

This post has been edited by Insomnio: 23rd October 2014, 11:51 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 04:10 PM