BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Liam's Big Brother retrospective!, Best and worst, UK, US and Aus, celeb and non celeb!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liаm
post 4th August 2017, 06:53 PM
Post #61
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Oh yeah I remember about him being friends with a producer, that's the only explanation I can think of... Apart from Helen not getting her pass revoked I think that might be as close to a fix as BB has ever been, much like what I said about Josie when they got all her competition out laugh.gif Knowing C5 he probably would have won.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 4th August 2017, 08:04 PM
Post #62
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Big Brother 14

HANDS DOWN the best C5 BB and we all know it. Ths was the perfect balance of old and new BB imo, having enough twists that were just a bit ridiculous to keep things exciting but not so many that it felt overbearing and convulted. The Secrets and Lies theme was perfect for this, as we had blindsides like Dan getting evicted after proclaiming "KNEW IT!!1!" after every twist, and Gina and Dexter's fake eviction, which was the best of that kind of twist since Emma and Michelle inthe bedsit from BB5. It didn't start QUITE as well on that front though, as the People's Puppet thing was a bit shit and Michael was awful at it, but I loved the idea that we controlled what he was doing, it'd be nice to do again maybe executed much better (no, Tom this series doesn't count his was shit too x). That twist did mean that we could nominate and boot the absolutely hideous Sallie Axl first, so all's well that ends well. Notably in this series, apart from the absolutely awful twins, I feel like most of the nasty or bad housemates were out pretty early, see Wolfy's fall from grace, Sallie being first out, Jemima second and Dan being shafted by the twist. Jack and Joe were the only ones I feel outstayed their welcome, Hazel was hardly Sophie Reade levels of likeablity but she added a lot so I was fine with her staying a while. Speaking of, Hazel was involved in Channel 5's first ejection, as her and Daley (a showmance) were voted into the house next door by viewers (which I still think was cruel af given Daley had a gf outside and this was just encouraging it...). Daley got a bit heavy handed, controlling and intimidated and was swiftly shown the back door!

Unlike the past few series I feel I actually have things to pick for iconic moments of this series, a lot of seemingly little things like arguments that just make me howl every time. For example, Jemima vs Dan's dead daughter arguement "SHE DIED ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF ME" and most little snipes Gina had at Hazel, little stuff like that all built up to make such a good series! I think my favourite though was the quarantine task, it was Gina's turning point, it was just gold seeing this spoilt little princess having to live in some cold, basic room without makeup and drink god knows what laugh.gif It wasn't always about huge explosive "twists", interference or anything, it felt like people interacting and blowing up naturally to what happened, like the old days, rather than a scripted reality series like a lot of what followed... This was down to a rather brilliant cast on the whole, we had a rare older housemate in Jackie, mixing with people like spoilt rich girl Gina, "sugar daddy" Dexter, ditzy dental nurse Sophie, her own daughter Charlie and detective Dan. It was an actual diverse cast that mixed so well, having fun when needed and clashing at the right times for drama. It was one of those series where I enjoyed pretty much every episode, there was never a point I thought ugh I cannot continue with this which is the only time that's happened on C5!!! It's a shame that the winner was a bit dull, Sam was nice enough but contributed next to nothing to the series. I wasn't a huge Dexter fan by any means but he was a brilliant housemate and would have deserved to win.

BEST:

Gina - QUEENA x It was incredible to see how she grew from week 1 being nominated by the public to being a bona fide fan favourite. We also saw her grow as a person, as I said the quarantine task was a real turning point for her as she just got on with it and realsied she wasn't in the Savoy being kept by mummy anymore. It was the little things like her learning to wash up, cook and tolerate people, she grew as a person and that was fab to see. But she never lost her slightly ridiculous sense of grandeur (she was in the news for being Britain's most spoiled girl after all) and bitchy putdowns, she was Gina at the core the way through and that's why I loved her.

Charlie - she reminded me a bit of Kate Lawler, just a really lovely, unassuming girl, so so likeable. She often said the wrong thing and got herself in shit but always made it up and was never nasty or bitchy. I think she just got better and better once her mum left as well, Jackie could be a bit overbearing.

WORST:

Sallie - absolutely hideous, 0 class, virtue or morals. Not even far off Helen Wood level, she was nothing but loud and nasty and I was so glad to see the back of her. The only time the worst one actually went first laugh.gif

Jack and Joe - so cocky and up themselves, they really thought everyone loved them and I think it went to their head. One of them was nice ish but the other was so loud and aggressive, icr which but I hated them anyway lmao, just so unlikable and really thought they were it when in reality they brought nothing to the show.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 5th August 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #63
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,492

Agreed, this was a very good series! Jemima and Dan's "MY DAUGHTER DIED IN MY ARMS" "BUT SHE'S NOT DEAD, SHE'S ALIVE!!" Is one of my favourite moments from any C5 series laugh.gif - I really liked Charlie - she wasn't the biggest character in there but I felt like she had a lot of insecurities and has had a really tough time in her life (And I'm not just talking about having Jackie as a parent laugh.gif ) - It was awful to watch nearly all the housemates' friends and family slate her in that task. It was completely unwarranted IMO but it was great to see her outlast Sophie, and make the final (you can tell she didn't expect it)

My favourites from that series were obvs Gina and Charlie - And my least favourites were Daley, Hazel, Jack and Joe and Sallie. Dan was okay but was wayyyy overrated and I'm glad he went early on. Couldn't deal with anymore Detective Dan "I knew it"s. Wolfy's arrogance hitting a tumble was amazing. Jack and Joe were absolutely horrific. Probably the worst twins/siblings to ever go in the house sick2.gif I have no idea why the production team loved them so much.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th August 2017, 10:57 PM
Post #64
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg yes that was awful for Charlie and I wish it won her more votes to get a push ahead of bloody Jack and Joe, I'd understand if she was bitchy or nasty but she did literally nothing to deserve it so it was SO random, friends and family noms have the potential to stir so much shit but it just metaphorically kicked the shit out of her for no reason :/

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 6th August 2017, 02:29 AM
Post #65
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

BIG BROTHER 15

Jesus, what a comedown after Secrets & Lies... The theme for this series was Power Trip, meaning that housemates (or the public) had certain powers such as exclusive rights to nominate and immunity at certain times. On paper, this seemed great, a brilliant way to jazz things up! The power was given to Pauline (aka Jazzy P from Kylie's Shocked, queen xxx), who showed herself to an injection of fun and hilarity n her VT. Lol. And a day later she gave hairdresser Helen a pass to the final. That seemed broken, she was nice so fair enough. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. How wrong we were... Little did the public know what they had done, a domino effect that left the series on life support. The twists kept coming, and soon they felt suffocating and at times convoluted. We had killer nominations, immunity by the bucketload and even two evicions that the public had no hand in at all, a completely new thing at the time. The same power twist was done in Big Brother Australia that very year and low and behold as always they bettered us and actually got it right. Their power included money at times, sometiems nomination twists such as a chance to view the current leaderboard or get extra points, but it was never broken and never defeated the point of the game like the ridiculous final pass. That's how it should have been done, encouraging gameplay a bit more, rather than using twists and shock for the sake of it, it felt like it was only there to serve what the producers wanted. I get the odd immunity thing and even when only certain housemates can nominate, but a pass to the final totally goes against the Big Brother game and its even worse that it led to the most vile winner in BB history. In general this series was also marred by a horrible cast, for each gem like Ashleigh, each unintentional comedy queen like Danielle, each sweetheart like Christopher, you had Helen the bully, Pauline the harridan, Stephen the creep and Mark the banshee. That group were just odious, so horrible to anyone on the outside of it and borderline intolerable to watch.

Moments wise, this series is home to what is just about my favourite eviction in Big Brother history (sorry "don't take anymore of my fwends" *gets evicted* Kathreya and the extremely satisfying Marc eviction when he was fave to win). The one in question is of course Jale's, and it wasn't because Jale went as I actually liked her and thought she got a hard time from Pauline and her cronies. It was because of the incredible effort from the BB fanbase to keep Ashleigh in. At this point, Ashleigh had blossomed into what felt at times like the only reason to watch the show, in the wake of Toya and Matthew's evictions that dealt a massive blow to the good side of the house. But she wasn't on the public's good side due to being seen as a bit btichy or miserable or whatever (or just a strong, attractive female as we know the public don't like those). It felt like a foregone conclusion she'd go and I think had she gone there's no way I'd have stuck with the series as long as I did... So the fans all banded together and Jale was targeted, when it got to the top 2 to evict (Ashleigh and Jale, of course) I didn't dare to let myself think we'd done it... But we had!! Jale was gone and Ashleigh was free to slay another day, and she did right up to the final. Unfortunately, all the fan favourite power in the world couldn't stop Ashleigh from falling right at the final hurdle just 1000 votes behind Helen f***ing Wood. Just to think if the producers had realised a pass to the final is totally broken and against what BB is about, Ashleigh would have won :/ Instead of who would have been EASILY the best winner, we got the worst manson.gif Anyway, aside from that eviction this series was also home to hilarity from Danielle which made up a good few of my favourite moments, for example her in tears over a Bloody Mary cocktail because it was blasphemy. Of course anything she did was rendered instantly hilarious as it transpired she was a webcam girl who for whatever reason was in the house pretending to be a staunch Christian who'd never touched a fag or alcohol in her life and was saving herself for marriage, unaware that a Nuts magazine spread was circulating where she boasted about the filthy things she'd done. Normally I'd think "oh f*** off you fake c***" but she owned it and just brought SO many moments, I didn't care that she was fake as she was 20x better than most of the real housemates.

All in all it's such a shame because in places this was a brilliant series and for all I moan about it, the tiwsts and turns did keep me watching, even if it was mostly to see how bad it would get laugh.gif But some fatal missteps killed the series and makes it overall far from the best, mostly due to Helen and her vile cronies.

BEST:

Ashleigh - a true Big Brother queen, to be 18 years old and one of the few who actually stood up to the vile bully ruining everyone's stay in the house was just INCREDIBLE. She started off so meek and just in the background, but by about week 4 she was pretty much the star and once Danielle went for me she was carrying the entire show and my will to keep watching it on her petite shoulders. She was smart, cunning and sassy, always seeing through Helen's bullshit and nastiness, but never went too far herself. Aside from being the one to challenge Helen, Ashleigh had hilarious drunk moments and really cute genuine frienships with the likes of Danielle, Christopher and Chris, the latter of whom I still see her interacting with and meeting with which is lovely. She really felt like a real person, the sort who could slot right into your friendship group and add as much to it as she did this seris of Big Brother. She's even become a byword for me, I always pick housemates (Charlotte and Jade as examples) who are "going to do an Ashleigh", ie be quiet but build to be amazing, of course in Charlotte's case that really wasn't true but ah well. As fabulous as Gina was, Ashleigh is the closest challenger to Nikki Grahame's untouchable pedestal at the top of my BB rankings.

Danielle - I could have picked the very genuine Christopher who was just so likeable and handled the awful Mark situation so well, but I'm goign for the comedy. As I've said, her good little Christian girl act was hilarious given what came out on the outside, esepcially as she had consented to be on a documentary about webcam girls for Channel 5 which aired straight after Big Brother one night (although she kept the act up on that, claiming god told her to help people and she only offered "company", sure Jan x)! There were hilarious moments like her pretending to choke on a fag on her "first time", crying over blasphemy, threatenign to sue Big Brother and of course the egg task rotf.gif I doubt she meant to be so hilarious but Danielle cracked me up more times than I could count which is something that was really needed amidst a lof of awful goings on in that house.

WORST (brace yourself, more than 2 this time as I couldn't decide which one was less awful in order to cut one out):

Helen - without a doubt the most vile winner of Big Brother, and possible the most vile contestant. This hideous excuse for a "woman", if you can call her that without mortally offending the female species, does not possess a single iota of decorum or class, and certainly doesn't have any morals, nor does she has a single virtuous bone in her body. For all of about 2 days she seemed nice enough, I remember her getting the pass to the final and thinking that she seemed nice and probably would have coasted to 5th anyway. LMAOOOOOOOOOOO good lord what a misjudgement. By the end of the first week, I was hoping and praying for them to remove her pass and shove her out the back door. She proved not only to be loud and argumenative, but personally offensive with an entire artillery of lowblows ready for when she didn't possess the brain cells to actually formulate a coherent comeback when challenged (and that was every time she had so much as a minor disagreement with anybody). There were flashes, very vague flashes, of a human being in there for say an episode, where it seemed like she might have thought "hey I'm being horrible I need to stop", but then she was right back to how she was. And all the vile and hideous things she said and did can in no way be made up for by being ok for an episode or two midway lmao. To this day she is still on Twitter spouting her toxic fumes of hate, just this week I saw her saying Nikki Grahame should be "put to sleep" during her In Therapy episode manson.gif How in the flying f*** this creature managed to get enough people on side so that she triumphed over Ashleigh is truly beyond me, even in the era of Channel 5 where Big Brother has changed so much. Should we really reward behaviour like this with a hundred grand?! Surely it had to have been some form of fix, she knew a producer and was contracted to get to the final, she got something like 14 warnings and didn't get her pass revoked, and she manages a narrow win against a huge fan favourite... I usually hate to call fix but sometimes, like in this case, it just seems too fishy not do so...

Pauline - arguably approaching Helen levels, but at least she swiftly pissed off laugh.gif As I said Pauline was voted to have the power on launch night due to seeming fun and lovely, but good lord what a fall she had, the biggest in BB history surely? In mere days, she showed herself to be absolutely nothing like her VT, the power swelled her head and she was nothing but a hideous bully gathering her cronies to chip away at anyone and anything who dared to challenge her. The way she treated Jale over a bit of chicken was absolutely despicable. She wouldn't listen to anyone or take on board anything, she'd talk at them, shout and impose her idiotic views because she was older, she knew best. Her Power successor Chris wasted no time in nominating her and she was swiftly evicted with an eyewatering 80% of a 6 way vote, a definite plummet from the grace of being most popular on launch night, but it was no less than she deserved. I actually think these two are my bottom 2 of all time.

Steven - I suppose he's not as bad as the above two having written them out and let my anger out, but I want to cover him too. His behaviour was genuinely concerning. I remember thinking that some of his actions towards Kimbot felt like we were watching the start of an abusive relationship - "don't you love me????" "who's that? why have you got that photo??"... It seems melodramatic now but honestly in the vacuum of that series, sucked into it with so much awful stuff going on, it genuinely felt like that and wouldn't have surprised me if that's what transpired. He was creepy to watch, so slimy, moments like "open it" made me gag and the relationship in general made me cringe. I could put Kim here too for being so utterly cold, calculated and robotic in everything she did, even her breathing seemed to do lovingly and meticulously programmed. But it was mostly Steven for their relationship, his creepy obsession was just hideous to watch. For some reason Steven was popular inthe house so it took until week 7 to get him out :/ Him and Kimberley attemped marriage after the show, I remember them holding a contest to win tickets to their wedding... In a turn of events that shocks absolutely nobody, they split mere months later.

+Quote this post
troylovesmusic
post 6th August 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #66
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 10,179

God series 15 was so awful it still annoys and irritates me to this day how that horror Helen somehow managed to win over Ashleigh !

This post has been edited by troylovesmusic: 6th August 2017, 08:45 PM

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 6th August 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #67
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

This series was a complete mess. It had some nice housemates in there, but a particularly awful group of 'Insider' housemates led by the grim reaper herself... Helen Wood. I don't think we've ever had anyone coming close to being THAT awful on BB, and C5 invited her BACK a year later, puke.gif where she was just as bad. Her treatment of Jale was absolutely horrific, and then she joined their crew (out of fear). My favourites were Toya and Matthew - The latter for actually standing up to Helen and referring to her 'saggy tits' laugh.gif laugh.gif - They both definitely went too early, and it was a real blow to the series losing them both early on and I kind of gave up on the series after they left. I liked Ashleigh, Chris and Christopher too, and Danielle was a complete hot mess. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Steven was AWFUL. Pauline was awful. Kimbot was awful (I snorted when reading your comments about her, Liam laugh.gif), Winston was awful. Ash was horrific and Helen was THE WORST. (EDIT: Oh and Marlon - I forgot about him. Also awful.)

I think Tamara went too soon (but we say that about everyone who went out first laugh.gif)

Also, the three late entrants were a bit odd too, Pav and Biannca... I literally think we saw Biannca's boobs more than her face. And someone called Zoe according to Wikipedia... I don't remember her AT ALL.

This post has been edited by Parallel Reality: 6th August 2017, 07:48 PM

+Quote this post
HarryBorelli
post 6th August 2017, 08:21 PM
Post #68
Group icon
The Lady Said Go Home!
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 20,835

Helen was honestly the worst housemate in UK BB history for sure. How utterly vile she was. Pauline and Steven are not as bad but yeah annoying.

My favourites were Christoper and Ashleigh. Danielle was good but she had her moments which I disagreed with.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 6th August 2017, 08:25 PM
Post #69
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

BB14 was the first one I watched, still my favourite to this day wub.gif was totally rooting for Sam even though I know he's not exactly the defining character of the year. Housemates like Gina and the LEGEND that is Jackie Travers all made for amazing viewing.

BB15 was a mess in comparison, so many unlikeable characters but Helen just took the biscuit puke.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 7th August 2017, 10:37 PM
Post #70
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Helen winning to this DAY absolutely astounds me. The fact we rewarded her with 100 grand just makes me so angry. I have never hated another reality TV contestant as much as I have hated her. As you say, she is so mind numbing oh thick that she will always just use low blows when she has lost the argument. Thank god she will never be gracing our TV screens ever again.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th August 2017, 02:57 PM
Post #71
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Big Brother 16

Subtitled Timebomb, this was another themed series, following the brilliant Secrets & Lies and of course the rather less brilliant Power Trip. This time the theme was pretty tenuous, with Timebomb pretty much referring to "we'll just spring twists whenever we want", which it has to be said is just C5 BB in general. The time thing was never really used to its fullest, they should have called it Bombshell or something... Such twists included immunity (that old chestnut), shock horror given to the worst housemate (Jack) YET AGAIN, Jack being voted the "early winner" on Day 4 and being offered a car (this would void the prize money) in exchange for his place in the house which he declined, a fake eviction and nominations galore. Oh and how could I forget... In possibly the most stupid twist in BB history that wasn't related to Power Trip, merely the SECOND eviction was a convoluted mess that flipped the nominations and we had a quadruple eviction of the more popular in the house housemates - Amy & Sally, Harriet, Kieran and Sarah. They were replaced by Simon (already evicted on Day 1 by another twist and it was obvious he'd be right back...), Harry Amelia, Sam and Marc. Whilst I suppose these 4 in general were quite integral to the series, I feel that Sarah and Harriet had potential within this series that was squandered by this, but in general whilst I didn't much care for Amy & Sally and Kieran (the latter is one of hte least memorable housemates ever for me, I always forget he even exists), this big a twist so early is just stupid. It also just made a mockery of everything about Big Brother even for Channel 5, you can't turn the head on its series two weeks in when half of the haven't had a chance to show who they are. Then again if they did a normal eviction we'd have lost Adjoa then Jade in consecutive weeks, so I suppose I should be somewhat thankful. That same week, extra af gay housemate Aaron was ejected for being almost Craig Coates level obsessed with poor Joel and flashing him, meaning we lost 5 original housemates in one week which felt really rushed, although of course BB couldn't anticipate and plan for such an ejection laugh.gif

In general, this cast was actually quite good. There's no absolute Big Brother icon but I really liked Jade, Chloe, Sam, Harry, Adjoa, Sarah, Eileen and Joel, but the problem was that a few of the good ones went too early, and/or were shafted by twists like Sam and Sarah. That was of course until the reign of terror of Marc, which was made even worse by yet another secret eviction twist. Marc was sent next door to the "Big Brother Bunker", and found ex housemates waiting for him. The ultimate BB legend Nikki Grahame was a welcome guest, and Brian Belo was always nice so yay for him. Who was the third you ask? Well after she came across SO WELL last year... HELEN f***ING WOOD manson.gif And this was no flying visit, as Helen and Nikki didn't leave until 2 weeks later. Being the loudmouth she is, that meant Helen dominated most of those 2 weeks, with the actual housemates competing to win largely being extras in their own show. Helen was yet again a vile bully, pushing nice guy Brian to leave after just a few days. It's a good job iconic Nikki was on hand to tear Helen down, and Aisleyne joined for a week just before they left and also eviscerated Helen - "basic rations for a basic bitch" *.* Nikki taking the piss out of Jack lying that he'd blown up on Twitter was a hilarious moment as well. A week after Helen and Nikki left came one of the most satisfying evictions of all time, as the bookies' fave and seemingly foregone conclusion of a winner Marc was shockingly evicted over the almost certainly doomed Harry Amelia. Being a young, confidently sexual female who was certainly no wallflower is usually poison in BB, let alone being up against a bohemoth like Marc. But I was ecstatic to see Marc's reign of terror over in such a shock, he couldn't win anymore *.* Harry Amelia wasn't my absolute fave but I did like her, it was amusing seeing her last for 3 consectutive evictions where it looked like she was doomed, it's just a shame one of her victims was the series' best housemate Jade sad.gif Despite some awful evictions and losing one of the best first in Adjoa, the top 2 of Chloe and Joel was actually possibly my fave in BB history up until Isabelle and Raph in the latest series. Neither Chloe nor Joel were stand out set the house alight types, but both were really likeable and fun when they were shown and got to shine, Chloe was a deserving winner I feel (even if she inspired the f***ing HIDEOUS Ellie two years later).

In short: this was another potentially good series marred by stupid twists and yet again Helen Wood. Thankfully the backlash around her second appearance led to Channel 5's controller banning her from appearing on anything BB related ever again biggrin.gif

BEST:

Jade - one time that my "omg Ashleigh part II!!1!" thing checked out kink.gif Not just because she's Irish, Jade had that same ice queen not taking shit exterior but fun and hilarious on the inside. She wasn't as rounded, likeable or intelligent as Ashleigh, but she always provided the laughs and actually brought something. She lasted longer than I expected but still not long enough.

Adjoa - I know we've all said that first evictees shouldn't have gone that early countless times, but if any first evictee should've gone further, it's Adjoa. She was absolutely hilarious, with her comments about being horny upon seeing girls "pussy print" and the classic "if you've been to Tenerife he's been to Elevenerife" rotf.gif She might have been loud af and I imagine she was annoying to live with, but the series really took a hit when she was out first sad.gif

WORST:

Jack - one of my worst ever. Like Pauline before him, he was given one ego boost and went off the rails. I was never keen anyway, but once he got voted the early winner you'd think he had the end £100k already in his account... He was a petulant little brat when things didn't go the way he thought they should as the "winner", I couldn't believe a grown man would be such a spoilt brat. He's the kind of person I do not get on with in real life, thinking he's ladz ladz ladz and the king of banter when he's just boring af and an idiot. Interestingly I have met him a couple of times as I go to uni in Plymouth where he lives laugh.gif Once was in a club and he was just walking around by himself presumably so people would be like "ZOMG JACK FROM BB!!1!", unforunately I was one of those people in my drunk state.. Another time was at pres as he was there, I've seen him on the girl who invited us' snapchat so I think she made friends with him or sth laugh.gif We didn't speak though as I was more sober that time. Thank god he didn't win in the end is all I'll say.

Marc - Unlike Helen before him, I can KIND OF see the appeal with him, he just wasn't someone I enjoyed watching. He was a total wind up merchant and wouldn't stop when he'd annoyed, upset or pissed off someone, he didn't seem to know or care when he'd gone too far. It was just incessant and he was like an immature secondary school kid who would throw stuff at the teacher and laugh when they got angry or cried. At least he was hot from the waist down, but it's a shame giant arse could describe his best feature and his whole personality. As I said, his eviction was SO satisfying because he felt like the obvious winner but was evicted over Harry Amelia who seemed absolutely doomed laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JackTheeStallion
post 10th August 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #72
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 223

Timebomb is my worst C5 series, such a wet drab and didn't go anywhere and full of unlikeable characters and didn't really go anywhere. Adjoa, Sarah and Jade were my best but they all went relatively early.

Seeing Helen on our screens a second time and somehow even MORE vile than her first series was hard to watch also. Nikki & Aisleyne were probably the saving grace for me.

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 10th August 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #73
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

I loved Adjoa, Eileen, Jade and Harry from that series. I didn't loathe Jack as much as everyone else. Showbiz Simon was AWFUL and I couldn't stand Marc. Adjoa and Harriet definitely went too early, definitely for entertainment value.

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 10th August 2017, 11:35 PM
Post #74
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Omg I forgot to put Simon in worst, tbh he was FAR worse tha Marc laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post 11th August 2017, 11:48 AM
Post #75
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Timebomb is the series with the most wasted potential for me and I do think it's a case of the voting ruining a series, plus too many desperate twists to revive ratings. With Secrets and Lies, nearly every vote gave a PERFECT result (Callum being evicted over Hazel was AMAZING and Gina/Dexter surviving every eviction with a vote to evict) but with both Power Trip and Timebomb, the public voting was waay off the mark, I'm still not over that double whammy of Toya and Matthew leaving over the likes of Ash, Steven and Marlon. 7

Back to Timebomb, there were lots of interesting housemates there but the voting meant we were left with one of the dullest line-ups ever. Only Joel & Nick were both likeable and deserving of their place there. I've never really got the fuss with Adjoa too much, but it would be interesting to see what she would have been like over time. The way that 4 In 4 Out was done was ridiculous but I am glad that it did save Jade when there was a 100% guarantee she would have been saved had it run normally. She was my favourite of the series and it would have been criminal for her to leave so early. Harriet was screwed over though, she's one of my biggest 'gone too early' across the entire show. Jack, Cristian and Danny all outstayed their welcome, it would make sense for one of them to reach the final but for all three was just dull. Chloe is a nice girl but she was just also quite dull in there up until the final week, and my memory is forever tarnished now that I can only think of Ellie.

I have a love/hate thing with Marc, he irritated me so bad at times in there but I do think he was completely necessary in there (so long as he was away from Helen). Simon is absolutely horrific though and I'm not wasting more time on him.

The Time Warp was a really great idea and it was amazing to see Nikki, Brian and Aisleyne all back, just a shame about the witch. It did become very odd during those two or so weeks though because, as you said, it was very much the Time Warp housemates show and the others were all extras. The Jade eviction therefore felt quite overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

As I always say, the first two weeks were absolutely brilliant for me but the mixture of dodgy voting and constant twists (plus the witch) does tarnish the series for me. Not a classic by any means but not the worst.

+Quote this post
diva thin muffin
post 11th August 2017, 03:32 PM
Post #76
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Pronouns: he/him
User: 12,837

"if you've been to Tenerife he's been to Elevenerife"

Wait, wasn't it Lateysha from BB17 who said that? Or was she just quoting Adjoa when she said it?

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 11th August 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #77
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(jafetsigfinns @ Aug 11 2017, 04:32 PM) *
"if you've been to Tenerife he's been to Elevenerife"

Wait, wasn't it Lateysha from BB17 who said that? Or was she just quoting Adjoa when she said it?

Quoting Adjoa laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Parallel Reality
post 12th August 2017, 09:17 AM
Post #78
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member

QUOTE(Liаm @ Aug 11 2017, 04:33 PM) *
Quoting Adjoa laugh.gif

IIRC didn't Shievonne say it originally??

Either way - ICONIC quote laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Parallel Reality: 12th August 2017, 09:18 AM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 26th June 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #79
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

Ok I'm gonna bring this back as I'm in a BB mood with US coming up, but I'm gonna skip to the international bits and review a few of the best US, Canada and Aus series, let I'll do CBB after that as a sort of run-up to the CBB we're getting soon!

+Quote this post
pippa
post 26th June 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #80
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Is anyone else missing Big Brother UK being aired over the summer.
The last couple of weeks i have the feeling of this should be Big Brother time.

+Quote this post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 28th April 2024, 07:50 AM