BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
14 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> BJSC 93 CONFIRMATIONS CEREMONY | S DNLD, I'm standing at the edge, but something always brings me back
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
danG
post 5th March 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #1
Group icon
🔥🚀🔥
User: 11,746

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The deadline for confirmations is 11/03/17, 23:59 GMT. You must confirm before this deadline if you wish to participate. No late submissions will be accepted. No PM submissions will be accepted.

"don't let your memes be dreams"

A South Danaelanda presentation...

Watermelon Club Arena, Aelan

remind yourselves of our lovely winning entry, 'Saving Light';;

we will autoqualify this month as will Yehesi if there are an even number of entries, otherwise you'll all be subject to...

THE DJ BATTLE!!!

Your countries finest DJs have been asked to send a song that represents your country, and will represent each entry at the world's most prestigious nightclub, so big that it also serves as an arena - of course it's Aelan's Watermelon Club Arena. Because it's big n' juicy like a watermelon.

Select DJs however will be pitted against each other, and only the DJs that get the loudest crowd reaction may progress to the final set...

Until then, join confirmations ceremony hosts Gareth Emery, Standerwick and HALIENE who will take a good look at who they could potentially be passing the winning baton to..

"Hello this is your confirmations ceremony host Gareth Emery, and welcome to the start of BJSC 93! You've probably already confirmed by the time you read this but have a read of the rules to make sure your entry will successfully be eligible for this contest."

• Confirm by clicking the link above. All sections must be filled out, except for the .mp3 link (although sending one is highly recommended - you may wish to confirm quickly and send the mp3 at a later date) as well as the description (though I recommend you send one as I will be showcasing each entry in the 'Semi Final Draw')
• You may change your entry at any time before the deadline. If you have been vetoed you will be given extra time to change your entry if needed.
• The following are unfortunately serving a one-contest ban for late/non-voting in the previous contest and may not send an entry - N DNTN, Republic of Adonia, Syndare and Thelonia. Anyone who isn't banned and has a registered country may enter.
• You may not send the following artists who finished in the top 3 of the previous contest - Gareth Emery, Standerwick, HALIENE, MUNA and Troll.
• You may also not send the same artist you sent in the previous contest.
• You may not send an entry that has been previously sent to the contest. A complete list of previous entries can be found HERE.
• You may not send a song previously sent to Eurovision, or one that will be sent or is in contention of being sent to this year's Eurovision Song Contest.
• Please check your song against the veto framework before confirming your entry.
• You may not hint at or reveal your chosen entry publicly or privately before I do so in the 'Semi Final Draw', however you may discuss your potentials in your national thread.
• You have until 11/03/17, 23:59 GMT. You must confirm before this deadline if you wish to participate. No late submissions will be accepted. No PM submissions will be accepted.
• I will be making recaps of the semi-finals. If you have a preference for which segment of the song you wish for me to use in the recaps, make sure to tell me when you confirm. Otherwise I will use the most prominent part (i.e. the chorus or drop/breakdown).
• And finally, make sure to send a really great song - let's make this contest another good'un cheer.gif

Calendar

05/03 :: Confirmations Open (closes 11/03 23:59 GMT)
12/03 :: Semi Final Draw
12/03 :: Semi Final Voting Open (closes 18/03 23:59 GMT)
19/03 :: Final Draw (plus results of the disqualified entries)
19/03 :: Final Voting Open (closes 25/03 23:59 GMT)
26/03 :: Final Results

Confirmed Nations (60)

#00274E
Aelandor
Aeroche
Aesthetica
Altyr Muunilinst
Avalonia
Azure
Beaverdonia
Bhangra
Bignia-Zaragovina
Bøtanikkä
Buzzjack Mountain
Cadelicia
Cor Lupus
Daehun
Deandria
Desbuanda
Dobago
D'yermak'er
Aspen
FARC
Fljótavík
Flynnonda
FSR Rontvia
Harmonica
Hendinia
Hushkanukia
Jadakissnia
Kluminican Republic
Kylienips
Land of DW
Medhelnia
Mulgracia
New Lexico
Niceland
Oslol
Persephonia
Pupok
Quintessa
Ramrynia
République d'Ashton
Sandebörg
Séyetana
Singerpurear
Skall
South Danaelanda
Suedeonia
St. Burbia
Summericia
Taahino
Tartford
Terra Avium
Tinnmark
The Actual Republic of Bellamia
Trifoski
Ultraviolenceland
Unovia
Yehesi
Zanmatony
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
David
post 5th March 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 44

Bhangra in early confirmation shocker.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th March 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Confirmed nice and early! cheer.gif not expecting this entry to light the contest on fire but I'm very excited about it.

+Quote this post
Travis
post 5th March 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #4
Group icon
hi
User: 22,135

Confirmed!

+Quote this post
Roba.
post 5th March 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Rob aah
User: 3,804

Confirmed on the dot *.* fingers crossed no one has the same one as I would have sent it last month after seeing it wasn't there. Such a gorgeous pop in die sequence song!

This post has been edited by Rob S~: 5th March 2017, 05:15 PM

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 5th March 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #6
Group icon
new hair, new tee, new Levii’s Jeans
User: 21,308

Do you know how tempting it was to make a Starcraft reference in mine?

+Quote this post
*Tim
post 5th March 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Confirmed

+Quote this post
Brer
post 5th March 2017, 05:06 PM
Post #8
Group icon
is my brain across your walls?
User: 8,300

Confirmed (on my phone on the way home, because it's so important to get in there early with this song that 0 other people will have heard of).

I think my entry could either do really well or come nowhere near qualifying, I absolutely adore it so hoping it's not just me.

+Quote this post
Botchia
post 5th March 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #9
Group icon
I Drink Wine
User: 21,753

Confirmed!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 5th March 2017, 05:07 PM
Post #10
Group icon

Also let it be known that we do not have the best luck in South Danaelanda as the last time a contest was held here we were third from last in the semi so expectations are at an all time low

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th March 2017, 05:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Confirmed but not 100% on it as I have two songs I LOVE and they change like day by day :')

+Quote this post
The-BrightPlaces
post 5th March 2017, 05:10 PM
Post #12
Group icon
I wanna contribute to the chaos
User: 23,513

Azure has confirmed!

+Quote this post
gooddelta
post 5th March 2017, 05:10 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Hello?
User: 116

I need some advice...one of my potentials has a VERY recognisable sample (used in an innovative way), but other than veto points for those I can't see what other points it would rack up. Is it even worth attempting to confirm, or do mods add extra points on for things like that/use their discretion, even if the famous sample is the only thing standing in its way?

I do have a backup I love too, so it's no issue if this entry is a problem.

This post has been edited by gooddelta: 5th March 2017, 05:11 PM

+Quote this post
Oricon
post 5th March 2017, 05:12 PM
Post #14
Group icon
bye dinner
User: 12,972

QUOTE(Cody Slayberry @ Mar 5 2017, 05:04 PM) *
Do you know how tempting it was to make a Starcraft reference in mine?

I'm assuming you're referring to the PC game and if so, I still play it to present day! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post 5th March 2017, 05:14 PM
Post #15
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

Confirmed!!

+Quote this post
Cowboy Cody
post 5th March 2017, 05:16 PM
Post #16
Group icon

QUOTE(Oricon @ Mar 5 2017, 09:12 AM) *
I'm assuming you're referring to the PC game and if so, I still play it to present day! laugh.gif
YESSSSSSSSS

I watched The Great Wall a few weeks ago and it reminded me so much of the game and how much I played it years ago and now I'm trying to download it for my Mac tongue.gif

+Quote this post
mdh
post 5th March 2017, 05:17 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 22,776

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Mar 5 2017, 05:10 PM) *
I need some advice...one of my potentials has a VERY recognisable sample (used in an innovative way), but other than veto points for those I can't see what other points it would rack up. Is it even worth attempting to confirm, or do mods add extra points on for things like that/use their discretion, even if the famous sample is the only thing standing in its way?

I have exactly the same problem! The sample is very prominent in the backing of my track, but it's not necessarily cheap.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post 5th March 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #18
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929

QUOTE(gooddelta @ Mar 5 2017, 05:10 PM) *

I do have a backup I love too, so it's no issue if this entry is a problem.

I have something in my back pocket that feels like it's in a similar situation. I think it's probably okay to try, the mods do tend to take extra discussion on songs like that but I've seen them get through more often than not lately, especially if it's an innovative use of the sample and there's nothing else making it cheap.

I'm not confirming yet, I need to take a few days to make the decision and decide whether I truly am going to go crazy here or whether something a bit more sane will tempt me more.

+Quote this post
✖ leww ✖
post 5th March 2017, 05:18 PM
Post #19
Group icon
escape in the taste of summerrrrrr
User: 9,403

all you can do is send them because until we actually really hear it we won't really know!! just make sure if you think it'll be vetoed that you do have a back-up smile.gif

+Quote this post
Addy!
post 5th March 2017, 05:21 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,666

Bøtanikkä has confirmed something distinctly Middle Eastern with dark-blue oriental R&B that feels almost androgynous in places and recalls fragments of some of alternative pop's most daring artists: FKA twigs, Beyonce, and Banks.

+Quote this post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 09:52 AM