BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Baby I: 10 Years On, released 22.07.23
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post Jul 29 2023, 06:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Forgive me for being slightly late to this but 'Baby I' has now turned 10 years old! This song was released as the sophomore single from Ariana's debut album Yours Truly. She continued a pop-meets-R&B direction here that took inspiration from a throwback '90s sound. The whole package was well received and compared to Mariah Carey, one of Ari's idols. The song is about not being able to fully express your feelings to the person you like, illustrated by lyrics such as: "all I'm tryna say is you're my everything, baby, but every time I try to say it, words, they only complicate it..." within the chorus. The music video, set in Los Angeles, expands on the 90s theme of the song - with Ariana citing Will Smith and TLC as influences. It currently sits at 191 million views on YouTube.

How do you feel about 'Baby I' 10 years on?

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post Jul 29 2023, 06:45 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810
At the time I'd say 'The Way' was my favourite single from this era but that has been surpassed by 'Baby I' nowadays! The mini TikTok revival for it was fun.

I will never unhear the intro of 'Get Sexy' at the start though laugh.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:39 PM