BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 2014 Pop Forum Awards - RESULTS, Full list of winners on page 4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post 5th January 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #21
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530

YASSSS 1D cheer.gif I voted for The Vamps as they had the better album this year (despite an absolutely AMAZING album from 1D too) but still a very worthy winner there heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 5th January 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #22
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

The Saturdays are use to flopping so it is no shock they flopped here cry.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Cameron: 5th January 2015, 07:32 PM

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th January 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #23
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 20,053

One of the few categories where I didn't mind if any of them won! Tove got my vote but Ella is deserving also!

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 5th January 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #24
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947

Yay for Ella winning but wouldn't mind any of them winning apart from Tovelo. Ghost is definitely one of the best songs this year and the whole album is stunning wub.gif

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post 5th January 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #25
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217

I was actually torn between One Direction and Neon Jungle, but opted for 1D in the end. Neon Jungle could have won if I'd gone the other way! ohmy.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 5th January 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #26
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jan 5 2015, 07:31 PM) *
YASSSS 1D cheer.gif I voted for The Vamps as they had the better album this year (despite an absolutely AMAZING album from 1D too) but still a very worthy winner there heart.gif

Not One Direction winning the category even with two of their biggest supporters snubbing them

QUOTE(Jay ジ @ Jan 5 2015, 07:35 PM) *
I was actually torn between One Direction and Neon Jungle, but opted for 1D in the end. Neon Jungle could have worn if I'd gone the other way! ohmy.gif

<3

+Quote this post
*Tim
Post #27
Group icon
Bitch of t seet
User: 16,660

Happy with all the winners besides Sam right now. 1D are decent enough winners, the rest are superb

+Quote this post
Liаm
Post #28
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

MOST ANTICIPATED COMEBACK FOR 2015

WINNER… RIHANNA (15 votes)

Adele (5 votes)
Leona Lewis (4 votes)
Madonna (4 votes)
Lena (3 votes)
Sarah Harding (3 votes)

Back to things not even being close after a few tight races, Rihanna smashes all competition to win a second award by achieving 10 more votes than her nearest rival Adele! She’s released an album in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009-2012, but 2013 and 2014 had a notable lack of Ri albums sad.gif Thankfully she’s treating us to two releases in 2015 - a concept album for upcoming Dreamworks film Home and her new studio album. The great thing about RiRi is that the fact we don’t know what genre to expect really adds to the excitement. The artist behind the biggest selling album of the 21st century so far, Adele, is bound to sell by the bucketload with her expected third album so it’s no surprise she has a few people excited for it. Leona Lewis and Madonna have more promise than their last era given what we’ve heard so far, whilst Eurovision act Lena and Sarah Harding both have their fans on here.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 5th January 2015, 07:42 PM
Post #29
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Home is a dreamworks and not Pixar movie smile.gif

I am so excited for Rihanna's comeback (hope it is something like rated r/loud and not the last 2 bad albums). Also can't wait for Adele and Leona wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th January 2015, 07:44 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

NEXT ARTIST TO UPGRADE FROM INDIE TO POP

WINNER… JESSIE WARE (10 votes)

Marina & The Diamonds (8 votes)
Rae Morris (6 votes)
HAIM (5 votes)
FKA Twigs (4 votes)
Laura Welsh (0 votes)

Just pipping Marina to the post (despite the fact she’s already gone pop with Electra Heart tongue.gif) is Jessie Ware, and it’s probably easy to see why. She’s already dabbled in sofer, more radio friendly pop music with her recent biggest hit Say You Love Me, penned by Ed Sheeran. Newbie Rae Morris isn’t far behind, and she might turn to poppier music if she doesn’t experience success off the back of her fairly likely Sound Of 2014 success. R&B flecked indie band HAIM arent’ far behind, I do hope they don’t drop their unique sound for a more poppy one… FKA Twigs’ ethereal sound is so sensual and perfect, but it would be interesting to hear her do pop… Poor Laura Welsh is our first act with no votes, although I’d argue she’s more pop than a couple of those above so has less of a jump to make tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th January 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ Jan 5 2015, 07:42 PM) *
Home is a dreamworks and not Pixar movie smile.gif

I am so excited for Rihanna's comeback (hope it is something like rated r/loud and not the last 2 bad albums). Also can't wait for Adele and Leona wub.gif

So it is, thanks laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th January 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

BEST PROMOTIONAL TEAM

WINNER… Ed Sheeran (15 votes)

Taylor Swift (12 votes)
One Direction (4 votes)
Meghan Trainor (2 votes)
Sam Smith (1 vote)

Ed Sheeran might have surprisingly trailed a little in the best male category, but he manages to snap this one up from under Taylor Swift’s nose! I’d say it was a rightful win, Ed’s team have played the x era perfectly really - from X Factor performances to price reductions to perfectly timed music video releases. Taylor Swift isn’t far behind, and the 1989 era was handled well too with numerous promo performances, the brilliant web stream annoucement and the partial price reduction first week in the US that helped her almost beat Britney’s record for all time one week sales for a female solo album. Mega sellers One Direction and Sam Smith trail behind, but were also handled quite well with many high profile perfomances, whilst Meghan Trainor manages two votes despite only having one hit this year - it does seem though that she’s being pushed well with her second single though so her label are looking for a Katy Perry rather than a Carly Rae Jepsen.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th January 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Well had to give him that one. The promo team haven't put a foot wrong...

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post 5th January 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #34
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.

Ed's was handled well but Taylor's marketing was flawless. The stream, the single releases and everything was perfect (and at least she releases OA/OS and doesn't hold her songs back forever like Ed did with sing)

I am seriously though going to try not to complain about every award Taylor doesn't win smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ultraviolence1989: 5th January 2015, 07:50 PM

+Quote this post
SGrey
post 5th January 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 20,182

I love how Sam and Ella have won so far but The Saturdays coming behind G.R.L. and Neon Jungle is just lol worthy, SATS FORUM WHERE ARE YA

EDIT; ADELE NOT FOR 2015 COME BACK YA'LL STRANGE

This post has been edited by Sean.: 5th January 2015, 07:58 PM

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th January 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

POP VILLAIN OF THE YEAR

WINNER… Azealia Banks (12 votes)

"Raise your hand if you've ever been personally victimised by Azealia Banks"

Pharrell Williams (6 votes)
Justin Bieber (5 votes)
Ed Sheeran (4 votes)
Chris Brown (2 votes)
Elyar Fox (2 votes)
Jessie J (2 votes)
Meghan Trainor (1 votes)

With the amount of “beef” she’s had on Twitter, it’s probable that most, if not all of her 12 voters will be raising their hand in conjunction with the gif above kink.gif Her main victim towards the end of the year was Itchy Areola Iffy Azuzu Igloo Australia, who Azealia says cherrypicks the positive parts of black culture for her own gain but ignores everything else (for example the institutional racism storm and shooting of Michael Brown). She’s also baited Lily Allen and Perez Hilton notably! Pharrell Williams is decidedly less confrontational, but Happy has haunted us all for over a year now, becoming the biggest selling song of the year and the 21st century so far (how exactly?!), which is similar to Ed Sheeran’s “crime” of overexposure. Chris Brown released a couple of panned singles and is generally hated, and Justin Bieber also mops up some hate despite not really releasing much this year. Elyar Fox is “known” for two fanbase buy hits, which were hated on here, and Jessie J and Meghan Trainor’s recent hits attracted hate, as does Jessie’s personality (as always)

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 5th January 2015, 07:59 PM
Post #37
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

A deserved win for Ed for promo, I don't think Sam should really be last as he's been everywhere too but I guess Ed stole all his votes. laugh.gif He seems to get more promo than One Direction anyway.

+Quote this post
Dobbo
post 5th January 2015, 08:00 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Luckily Elyar only managed one top ten!

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th January 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

POP SAVIOUR OF THE YEAR

WINNER… Taylor Swift (13 votes)

Beyonce (6 votes)
Sia (6 votes)
Ariana Grande (4 votes)
Charli XCX (2 votes)
Tove Lo (2 votes)

Probably unsurprisngly, Buzzjack names Taylor as their pop saviour for 2014 - her second award tonight! Her critically lauded and commercially successful album 1989’s slayage has been discussed at length tonight already, but it also won her new fans with a new style, as country isn’t for everyone! Beyonce is 7 votes behind, but she did save us from a barren January by keeping us ticking over with her wonderful self titled surprise release from December 2013. Sia and Ariana Grande both had hits this year, and experienced success on Buzzjack with their latest albums. Charli XCX and Tove Lo both had surprise hits, perhaps “saving” some Buzzjackers by giving them hope that their faves can smash soon enough, as it was only a year and a half or so ago that Tove had under 1000 followers on Twitter and Habits was looking to go down as an overlooked gem..

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th January 2015, 08:05 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!

QUOTE(Dobbo @ Jan 5 2015, 08:00 PM) *
Luckily Elyar only managed one top ten!

Ah yes, I forget that A Billion Girls thankfully just missed out laugh.gif