BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Polo G - Hall of Fame, includes RAPSTAR
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post Apr 12 2021, 04:31 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 18,293
   No Gallery Pics

Polo G is going to get his first solo hit (after his features of Patience & Headshot) with RAPSTAR contending for #1 this week. The song is notable for featuring a ukulele riff from Einer Bankz, who has went viral with his playing of the instrument with other rappers.

Polo announced earlier in the year that his new album is going to be called Hall of Fame and this is expected to feature on that.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Apr 25 2021, 10:49 PM
Post #2
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Managed to get to #3 in the UK. This surprised me.

+Quote Post
Brer
post Apr 30 2021, 07:14 PM
Post #3
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

I am liking this song but I do have to acknowledge that it's very much more of the same from him - the chorus is basically ripping half of its melody directly from '21' and the other half directly from 'Epidemic' laugh.gif was kind of hoping for something a little more unique based on how big it has been but I guess this has just benefited from being big right off the bat rather than being a slow burner like his previous hits. Happy to see it giving him an overdue big breakthrough hit anyhoo but hoping his next single will be a little more adventurous...!

+Quote Post
Brer
post Jun 9 2021, 11:12 PM
Post #4
I'll just stick around and do some more damage
Member No.: 8,300

Not really worthy of its own thread (maybe this can just be converted to an album thread for what little anyone other than me cares about Polo G xx) but although 'RAPSTAR' did grow on me a fair bit, I am indeed enjoying the follow-up single more:

The Wayne feature is the best part of it (has to be one of his best verses in a while) but not to say that Polo doesn't do well on it too.

The album tracklist is out there now, album is dropping tomorrow with features from The Kid LAROI/Lil Durk, Rod Wave, DaBaby, Young Thug, Roddy Ricch, Nicki Minaj and Pop Smoke/Fivio Foreign (plus a couple others that I don't really know/care about x) and also including the previously released singles 'Epidemic' and 'GNF (OKOKOK)'. I don't normally bother checking out the entirety of these bloated trap albums but I might make an exception for this because I've really liked all four of the singles and I liked most of what I heard from his previous album as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 AM