BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> Personal Charts

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Riser Monthly, AUGUST 2021
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Riser
post 1st September 2021, 04:00 AM
Post #1
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

1. Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow – Industry Baby
2. Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever
3. Camila Cabello – Don’t Go Yet
4. Walker Hayes – Fancy Like
5. Jason Aldean – Blame It On You [33-30-15-5]
6. Marshmello x Jonas Brothers – Leave Before You Love Me [24-13-10-6]
7. Rain Radio & DJ Craig Gorman – Talk About [1-7]
8. Tones And I – Fly Away [16-8]
9. Becky Hill & David Guetta – Remember [4-9]
10. The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber – Stay [28-10]

11. Ed Sheeran – Bad Habits [14-11]
12. Olivia Rodrigo – Deja Vu [1-1-3-9-12]
13. Maneskin – Beggin’ [31-7-13]
14. Doja Cat feat. The Weeknd – You Right [19-14]
15. Dua Lipa – Love Again [27-15]
16. Nelly & Florida Georgia Line – Lil Bit [23-x-40-22-4-2-16]
17. Illenium feat. Tori Kelly – Blame Myself [3-17]
18. Anne-Marie & Little Mix – Kiss My (Uh Oh)
19. Maneskin – I Wanna Be Your Slave [18-11-19]
20. The Weeknd – Take My Breath
21. Mabel – Let Them Know [37-21]
22. Imagine Dragons – Wrecked [30-22]
23. Tones And I – Cloudy Day [33-23]
24. Jonasu – Black Magic [22-24]
25. Doja Cat – Need To Know
26. Post Malone – Motley Crew
27. Olivia Rodrigo – Traitor
28. Sigala & Rita Ora – You For Me
29. BTS – Butter [24-21-29]
30. Olivia Rodrigo – Good 4 U [18-6-17-30]
31. Regard, Troye Sivan & Tate McRae – You [27-36-31]
32. Girl In Red – Serotonin [5-32]
33. Willow feat. Travis Barker – Transparent Soul [26-33]
34. Lainey Wilson – Things A Man Oughta Know
35. Silk Sonic – Skate
36. Wizkid feat. Tems – Essence
37. Ava Max – EveryTime I Cry
38. Aja – Red Button [11-8-38]
39. AJR – Way Less Sad [8-3-1-6-39]
40. Lizzo feat. Cardi B – Rumors

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JSG
post 1st September 2021, 08:11 AM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 18,473

Hey Jordan jump.gif

Industry Baby is a fantastic #1 here. Love it.
Don't Go Yet straight in at #3 ohmy.gif colour me surprised. It's so infectious, especially after a few lessons and the video is quite good too.
Leave Before You Love me taking 4 months to peak *.* I thought I'd love this more in the end than I actually did which is a shame.
Rember falling already sob.gif I hope it has enough in it to still be here next month!
Stay climbing into the top 10 wub.gif lovely climb there. The song is a doozy! It's amazing to see the power Justin Bieber still has over the charts.
Oof, Bad Habits just missing the top 10 sad.gif i suspect thisll be the peak her which is a shame honestly. I am obsessed although it's looking likely to be replaced this week at #1 for me.
It's nice to see Rumors pop in at the bottom of the chart. Hopefully it will climb next month!

Super chart! happy.gif

+Quote this post
Sergej
post 4th September 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,723

Hi there Riser!
Nice to see "INDUSTRY BABY" at the top, it's currently climbing in my chart!
Also great to see "Happier Than Ever" and "Don’t Go Yet" in the top 3, as well as seeing "Fly Away" and "Stay" in the top 10!
The big gains for "Love Again", "Let Them Know" and "Cloudy Day" and the debuts for "Kiss My (Uh Oh)", "Take My Breath", "Traitor", "You For Me", "Skate", "Lost" and "Rumors"!
Great chart!

+Quote this post
Mang๘
post 8th September 2021, 08:39 AM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 151

Hey Jordan!

1. Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow – Industry Baby I think I like this as much as I'm going to like it by this point! Interesting video though, especially that shower scene lol ohmy.gif
2. Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever Pretty much the same comment as above (apart from the interesting video!)
3. Camila Cabello – Don’t Go Yet Great to see this enter so high! It would make a great number one next month wink.gif I'm disappointed it hasn't done very well officially, and I don't imagine it's fared much better in the US?
9. Becky Hill & David Guetta – Remember [4-9] Great song from a great album! Have you heard it? I'm loving her new single atm wub.gif
18. Anne-Marie & Little Mix – Kiss My (Uh Oh) Not the best by either artist by any means but a fun little song nonetheless.
20. The Weeknd – Take My Breath Max Martin strikes again! Honestly that man is my hero! And this is one of the finest examples of his work smile.gif again I'm disappointed it hasn't gone top ten yet but I haven't lost all hope yet.
22. Imagine Dragons – Wrecked [30-22] So I listened to the album a few days ago and it took me a couple of listens to get into it. It's maybe not as good as some of their other alubms but I'd say it's worth a listen if you haven't already.
25. Doja Cat – Need To Know The only thing I need to know is why she switched from 'Woman' to this as the next single - I actually quite like that one, unlike this!
27. Olivia Rodrigo – Traitor My daughter is completely obsessed with Olivia right now so I've heard the album a LOT and this song has really grown on me since I first heard it. I quite like 'Brutal' too so I wasn't fussed which of the two was pushed next smile.gif
28. Sigala & Rita Ora – You For Me This had the potential to be incredible but as it is it's just a perfectly listenable, slightly generic dance song.
37. Ava Max – EveryTime I Cry I think it's clear by now that she's never gonna be the superstar I felt she was destined to be but as long as we keep getting more bops like this from her I'm happy!
40. Lizzo feat. Cardi B – Rumors This is a fun song with its tongue-in-cheek lyrics and its trademark Lizzo sound, and I don't get the lukewarm reception to it.

Great selection this month I feel biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 11th September 2021, 02:40 PM
Post #5
Group icon

QUOTE(JSG @ Sep 1 2021, 04:11 AM) *
Hey Jordan jump.gif

Industry Baby is a fantastic #1 here. Love it.
Don't Go Yet straight in at #3 ohmy.gif colour me surprised. It's so infectious, especially after a few lessons and the video is quite good too.
Leave Before You Love me taking 4 months to peak *.* I thought I'd love this more in the end than I actually did which is a shame.
Rember falling already sob.gif I hope it has enough in it to still be here next month!
Stay climbing into the top 10 wub.gif lovely climb there. The song is a doozy! It's amazing to see the power Justin Bieber still has over the charts.
Oof, Bad Habits just missing the top 10 sad.gif i suspect thisll be the peak her which is a shame honestly. I am obsessed although it's looking likely to be replaced this week at #1 for me.
It's nice to see Rumors pop in at the bottom of the chart. Hopefully it will climb next month!

Super chart! happy.gif
Hi James! Glad you approve of the #1!
'Don't Go Yet' was a #1 contender actually, I'm sad she missed out because 'Liar' missed out at #2 two years ago sad.gif
'Remember' will definitely still be charting next month, but I'm sad it's dropping too sad.gif It's been a very competitive summer!
'Stay' is a great collab, a lot of times it feels like they just force Justin onto these songs to make them a hit, but this one sounds more natural.
Yeah, I do like 'Bad Habits', I just wish I wasn't liking 10 songs a little bit more tongue.gif
'Rumors' will definitely climb, that #40 entry was just from my first couple listens!
Thanks for commenting biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Sergej @ Sep 4 2021, 11:22 AM) *
Hi there Riser!
Nice to see "INDUSTRY BABY" at the top, it's currently climbing in my chart!
Also great to see "Happier Than Ever" and "Don’t Go Yet" in the top 3, as well as seeing "Fly Away" and "Stay" in the top 10!
The big gains for "Love Again", "Let Them Know" and "Cloudy Day" and the debuts for "Kiss My (Uh Oh)", "Take My Breath", "Traitor", "You For Me", "Skate", "Lost" and "Rumors"!
Great chart!
Hi Sergej! You can count on 'Stay', 'Love Again', 'Take My Breath', 'Skate', 'Rumors' and hopefully 'Traitor' climbing next month. Thanks for commenting biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Mang๘ @ Sep 8 2021, 04:39 AM) *
Hey Jordan!

1. Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow – Industry Baby I think I like this as much as I'm going to like it by this point! Interesting video though, especially that shower scene lol ohmy.gif
2. Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever Pretty much the same comment as above (apart from the interesting video!)
3. Camila Cabello – Don’t Go Yet Great to see this enter so high! It would make a great number one next month wink.gif I'm disappointed it hasn't done very well officially, and I don't imagine it's fared much better in the US?
9. Becky Hill & David Guetta – Remember [4-9] Great song from a great album! Have you heard it? I'm loving her new single atm wub.gif
18. Anne-Marie & Little Mix – Kiss My (Uh Oh) Not the best by either artist by any means but a fun little song nonetheless.
20. The Weeknd – Take My Breath Max Martin strikes again! Honestly that man is my hero! And this is one of the finest examples of his work smile.gif again I'm disappointed it hasn't gone top ten yet but I haven't lost all hope yet.
22. Imagine Dragons – Wrecked [30-22] So I listened to the album a few days ago and it took me a couple of listens to get into it. It's maybe not as good as some of their other alubms but I'd say it's worth a listen if you haven't already.
25. Doja Cat – Need To Know The only thing I need to know is why she switched from 'Woman' to this as the next single - I actually quite like that one, unlike this!
27. Olivia Rodrigo – Traitor My daughter is completely obsessed with Olivia right now so I've heard the album a LOT and this song has really grown on me since I first heard it. I quite like 'Brutal' too so I wasn't fussed which of the two was pushed next smile.gif
28. Sigala & Rita Ora – You For Me This had the potential to be incredible but as it is it's just a perfectly listenable, slightly generic dance song.
37. Ava Max – EveryTime I Cry I think it's clear by now that she's never gonna be the superstar I felt she was destined to be but as long as we keep getting more bops like this from her I'm happy!
40. Lizzo feat. Cardi B – Rumors This is a fun song with its tongue-in-cheek lyrics and its trademark Lizzo sound, and I don't get the lukewarm reception to it.

Great selection this month I feel biggrin.gif
Hi Mango!
1. Yeah it is a clever video, even if he was just trying to make it go viral tongue.gif I'm still surprised at how much the song has grown on me!
2. It was essentially a tie for my #1, this one's lost some of its initial impact on me so it's probably missed its chance, ah well.
3. It hasn't even gone top 40 here sad.gif I did hear it on the radio a lot during my travels though, which was nice - and could indeed help it climb on my chart! wink.gif
9. I wasn't planning to, but might add it to my list based on your recommendation thinking.gif
18. Agreed, I'm glad it could sneak in the top 10 last week.
20. Ohh, I'm not sure I even knew this was a Max Martin production...no wonder it's so good! tongue.gif
22. Ooh, speaking of albums, this will be one of the next ones I check out! I actually haven't listened to any of their albums in full before ohmy.gif
25. Hmm...I like them both, it seems like she's had three songs becoming popular all at once!
27. 'Traitor' has really grown on me too, whereas 'Brutal' was an instant fave for me. Can't say I was fussed either way, either!
28. I've always liked Sigala but their music hasn't evolved much, in a way each song sounds similar except for the vocalist. In which case they've probably run their course as hitmakers, sadly sad.gif
37. Same! Maybe she'll really surprise us with the next era, but I don't wanna get my hopes up.
40. I'm not sure really, but I'm not playing it as much as I thought I would. It'll definitely climb next month, just not sure how much.

Thanks for commenting!

+Quote this post
Mang๘
post 12th September 2021, 08:57 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Riser @ Sep 11 2021, 03:40 PM) *
28. I've always liked Sigala but their music hasn't evolved much, in a way each song sounds similar except for the vocalist. In which case they've probably run their course as hitmakers, sadly sad.gif

Btw Sigala is a singular 'he' (producer Bruce Fielder) rather than a 'they' smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mang๘: 12th September 2021, 08:57 PM

+Quote this post
Popchartfreak
post 22nd September 2021, 06:06 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 17,376

QUOTE(Riser @ Sep 1 2021, 05:00 AM) *

1. Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow – Industry Baby
2. Billie Eilish – Happier Than Ever
3. Camila Cabello – Don’t Go Yet dance.gif [b]so catchy. Wish I was on holiday in Spain, it'd get me out of my seat in a club

4. Walker Hayes – Fancy Like this is good
6. Marshmello x Jonas Brothers – Leave Before You Love Me [24-13-10-6] wub.gif
9. Becky Hill & David Guetta – Remember [4-9][/b]
18. Anne-Marie & Little Mix – Kiss My (Uh Oh) Anne-Marie & one of Little Mix were on pop quiz show Never Mind The Buzzcocks last night failing to recognise Bucks Fizz members. I was shouting at the TV going That's Jay Aston, that's Cheryl Baker, that's Mike Nolan, that other bloke has never been in Bucks Fizz. Ah the generational divide, cos I had no idea of the lyrics to any songs from the last 20 years laugh.gif
20. The Weeknd – Take My Breath
22. Imagine Dragons – Wrecked [30-22]
27. Olivia Rodrigo – Traitor
28. Sigala & Rita Ora – You For Me
29. BTS – Butter [24-21-29]
30. Olivia Rodrigo – Good 4 U [18-6-17-30]finally got into this one laugh.gif
31. Regard, Troye Sivan & Tate McRae – You [27-36-31]
35. Silk Sonic – Skate
37. Ava Max – EveryTime I Cry
38. Aja – Red Button [11-8-38]

Hi Jordan, great chart! Hope the holiday was fab! Envious..... biggrin.gif

cool.gif

+Quote this post
Riser
post 25th September 2021, 01:47 PM
Post #8
Group icon

QUOTE(Mang๘ @ Sep 12 2021, 04:57 PM) *
Btw Sigala is a singular 'he' (producer Bruce Fielder) rather than a 'they' smile.gif
Oops I did know that, must have been thinking of Sigma drama.gif Thanks tongue.gif

QUOTE(Popchartfreak @ Sep 22 2021, 02:06 PM) *
Hi Jordan, great chart! Hope the holiday was fab! Envious..... biggrin.gif

3. Camila Cabello – Don’t Go Yet dance.gif so catchy. Wish I was on holiday in Spain, it'd get me out of my seat in a club
18. Anne-Marie & Little Mix – Kiss My (Uh Oh) Anne-Marie & one of Little Mix were on pop quiz show Never Mind The Buzzcocks last night failing to recognise Bucks Fizz members. I was shouting at the TV going That's Jay Aston, that's Cheryl Baker, that's Mike Nolan, that other bloke has never been in Bucks Fizz. Ah the generational divide, cos I had no idea of the lyrics to any songs from the last 20 years laugh.gif
30. Olivia Rodrigo – Good 4 U [18-6-17-30] finally got into this one laugh.gif

cool.gif
Hi John! Holiday was indeed fab, thanks. We were in South and North Dakota <3
So, I also have no idea who Bucks Fizz are pirate.gif
Thanks for commenting!

+Quote this post
Mang๘
post 27th September 2021, 03:10 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Riser @ Sep 25 2021, 02:47 PM) *
Oops I did know that, must have been thinking of Sigma drama.gif Thanks tongue.gif

That makes sense as I used to get Sigma confused with Sigala too at one point laugh.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 03:29 AM