BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Lewis's Top 1000 of The Decade (2010's), Top 250 Begins - pg. 4
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
LewisGT
post 17th February 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #21
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 18,293

QUOTE(dan.G @ Feb 16 2020, 05:57 PM) *
Mr Saxobeat's a big fave so far, it will be in my top 100.
also love The Girl Is Mine and enjoy No Beef, Say Something and Too Close from your YT embed picks.

I'm happy to see some love for Mr Saxobeat heart.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 17th February 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #22
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Aloe Blacc

Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins III (born January 7, 1979), known professionally as Aloe Blacc, is an American musician, singer, songwriter, rapper, record producer, and philanthropist. He is best known for his singles "I Need a Dollar", "The Man", which topped the charts in the United Kingdom, and for writing and performing vocals on Avicii's "Wake Me Up", which topped the charts in 22 countries. Aside from his solo career, Blacc is also a member of hip hop duo Emanon, alongside American record producer Exile.

??? I Need A Dollar
589 The Man

Although he is probably best remembered for a song he didn't even get credited on, Aloe did well to get 2 hits of his own accord. I Need A Dollar was the bigger hit (despite peaking lower) and I'd agree that it's the better track placing it in my top 250. However, The Man (2014, Peak #6, EOY #90) is one of my most disrespected #1 hits of the decade. Even in my own chart, where it entered far too late after taking a while to grow on me, and in turn having a criminally short run (12-6-12-19). The song has aged brilliant for me and remains incredibly catch and a great use of interpolation of such a massive and recognisable song.

Alyssa Reid

Alyssa Ashley Reid (born March 15, 1993) is a Canadian singer-songwriter. She rose to fame in 2011, following the release of her single "Alone Again". Reid was born in Edmonton, Alberta, and raised in Brampton, Ontario

622 Alone Again (ft Jump Smokers)

Now here is a song I haven't listened to in years :lol The song still sounds ok but it's not one I would ever get into if it was released today. Alyssa's parts are still decent but the verse from the guy in Jump Smokers is as cheesy and you would expect from a white pop-rapper in 2011. Alyssa has apparently released new music under the alias ASHS.

Amelia Lily

Amelia Lily Oliver is an English singer and songwriter. She rose to fame after placing third on the eighth series of The X Factor. In 2017, she finished as runner-up on the twentieth series of Celebrity Big Brother. Following The X Factor, Lily signed a record deal with Sony, and released a single titled "You Bring Me Joy". The single peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart, and number 21 in the Republic of Ireland. In 2015, Lily joined the cast of American Idiot, in the lead role of Whatsername..

733 Shut Up (And Give Me Whatever You Got)

I was a keen X-Factor watcher at the time and while Little Mix were definitely the right winners I was quite surprised Lily didn't win after her reprieve. I wasn't a fan of her debut sinle 'You Bring Me Joy' but I loved this. It's a much bold, in-your-face and braver effort so it was a shame to see it flop. This was in my first ever chart at #15 and finished at #68 in my 2014 EOY chart. I can't say it's one I find myself going back to though.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 17th February 2020, 10:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Buy yourself a car, and a house in Devon
User: 23,247

Nice to see The Girl is Mine make your cut! The Sound and Mr Saxobeat are favourites as well, will be interested to see where they end up!

Not a big fan of Alone Again though sadly, had it on my personal Elimination Game a couple of months ago and it was the first song to be eliminated tongue.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 18th February 2020, 02:35 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Feb 17 2020, 10:23 PM) *
Nice to see The Girl is Mine make your cut! The Sound and Mr Saxobeat are favourites as well, will be interested to see where they end up!

Not a big fan of Alone Again though sadly, had it on my personal Elimination Game a couple of months ago and it was the first song to be eliminated tongue.gif

Oh no, that's a shame about Alone Again. At least you like some of the others. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 18th February 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Aminé

Adam Aminé Daniel (born April 18, 1994) is an American rapper, singer and songwriter. He is best known for his commercial debut single, "Caroline", which peaked at number 11 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. The son of Ethiopian immigrants who immigrated to the US in the early 1990s, Aminé was born and raised in Portland, Oregon. His mother worked at a post office and his father was a teacher and translator part-time.

527 Caroline

After how great the single was and the overwhelmingly positive reactions I'd heard about it, I gave his album a listen and found it very disappointing. Nothing else was that memorable or came close to the quality of Caroline (2017, Peak #6, EOY #73). A Big fan of Tarentino (and bananas apparently if you watch the video), what I like most about this song is, just like QT, the whole song is unique and very distinctively Aminé. No one else sounds quite like this, the song is all over the place in the best possible way. A very interesting listen and well worthy of an appearance here. I also like that he chose the name Caroline as a nice little throwback to OutKast.

Anitta

Larissa de Macedo Machado (born 30 March 1993), more commonly known as Anitta, is a Brazilian singer, songwriter, dancer, television host and actress. Anitta rose to national fame in 2013 after releasing the single "Show das Poderosas", which reached the top of the Brasil Hot 100 Airplay chart. In July of the same year, she released her debut studio album which received a triple gold record certificate and platinum certification by ABPD

574 Banana (Anitta & Becky G)

Banana (2019, Peak #4, EOY #47) is a song I obviously wrote about very recently in my EOY thread and I don't have much new to add to my thoughts of the song so here is the post I made earlier.

Similarly to Sabrina Carpenter's 'Sue Me' this was a song I got into through it being constantly spammed on the artist, in this occasion Becky G's, Instagram story. The most apt word to describe this song and video would be unsubtle but that doesn't always have to be a bad thing. It's a simple but catchy song and Becky really shines in her parts. The video is obviously the largest selling-point to the song and to quote Lo(v/s)er by AJ Tracey "I love a pretty Latina".

Arctic Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys are an English rock band formed in Sheffield in 2002. The group consists of Alex Turner (lead vocals, guitar, piano), Jamie Cook (guitar, keyboards), Nick O'Malley (bass guitar, backing vocals), and Matt Helders (drums, vocals). Former band member Andy Nicholson (bass guitar, backing vocals) left the band in 2006 shortly after their debut album was released. Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not is the fastest-selling debut album by a band in UK chart history.

??? Do I Wanna Know
528 Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High

Arctic Monkeys are no doubt the biggest British band of the last 20 years and have released some classics in their time, including 'Do I Wana Know' which has probably now became their signature hit (or tied with IBYLGOTD). That was a #1 in my chart and features in the top 250 but their 2nd release from that album (and highest peaker), Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High (2013, Peak #6, EOY #25) also made an impact here. This one hasn't held up anywhere near as well for me but is still a good tune. Hopefully they'll release some more bangers like this when they come back again and not the forgettable stuff of the last album.

+Quote this post
Mack.
post 19th February 2020, 11:01 PM
Post #26
Group icon
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
User: 12,915

Yes, it would great to see Arctic Monkeys return to form when they come back again.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 21st February 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #27
Group icon

Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High is a brilliant song, would probably be around the same position in my EOD had I bothered to go that far down wink.gif I actually prefer it to Do I Wanna Know though!

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 29th February 2020, 08:43 PM
Post #28
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mack. @ Feb 19 2020, 11:01 PM) *
Yes, it would great to see Arctic Monkeys return to form when they come back again.

I agree

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Feb 21 2020, 08:32 PM) *
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High is a brilliant song, would probably be around the same position in my EOD had I bothered to go that far down wink.gif I actually prefer it to Do I Wanna Know though!

I really liked WYOCLMYH & Do I Wanna Know at the time but I haven't gone back to the former at all in the years since so I couldn't rank is any higher.

biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 29th February 2020, 09:18 PM
Post #29
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ariana Grande

Ariana Grande-Butera is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. Born in Boca Raton, Florida, Grande began her career in the 2008 Broadway musical 13 and rose to prominence for her role as Cat Valentine in the Nickelodeon television series Victorious (2010–2013), and in its spin-off, Sam & Cat (2013–2014). After she grew interested in pursuing a music career, Grande recorded songs for the soundtrack of Victorious, and signed with Republic Records in 2011 after the label's executives discovered videos of her covering songs that she uploaded onto YouTube. She released her debut album, Yours Truly in 2013.

Grande has received various accolades, including one Grammy Award, one Brit Award, two Billboard Music Awards, three American Music Awards, and eight Guinness World Records. All five of Grande's full-length albums have been certified platinum or better by the RIAA

??? 7 Rings
??? Bad Decisions
??? Be Alright
??? Boyfriend (ft Social House)
??? Break Free (ft Zedd)
??? Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
??? Break Your Heart Right Back (ft Childish Gambino)
??? Breathin
??? Dangerous Woman
??? Focus
??? Ghostin
??? God Is A Woman
??? Into You
??? Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart
??? Let Me Love You (ft Lil Wayne)
??? Love Me Harder (ft The Weeknd)
??? Monopoly (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
??? No Tears Left To Cry
??? One Last Time
??? Problem
??? Side To Side (ft Nicki Minaj)
??? Thank U, Next
266 The Light Is Coming (ft Nicki Minaj)
270 Don't Call Me Angel (Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus & Lana Del Rey)
330 Imagine
339 Everytime
348 Successful
369 Bad Idea
372 The Way (ft Mac Miller)
382 Best Mistake (ft Big Sean)
383 Greedy
395 How I Look On You
399 Bang Bang (Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)
462 Goodnight n Go
482 Got Her Own (Ariana Grande & Victoria Monét)
525 NASA
560 Everyday (ft Future)
563 R.E.M
565 Needy
579 In My Head
581 Knew Better / Forever Boy
592 Santa Tell Me
607 Thinking Bout You
615 Quit (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
617 Be My Baby (ft Cashmere Cat)
624 Make Up
641 Touch It
655 Sometimes
679 Only 1
687 Get Well Soon
704 Moonlight
715 Better Off
724 Why Try
735 You Don't Know Me
743 Bed (Nicki Minaj ft Ariana Grande)
772 Leave Me Lonely (ft Macy Gray)
785 Sweetener
799 Hands On Me (ft A$AP Ferg)
817 I Don't Care
845 My Everything
905 Bloodline
954 Adore (Cashmere Cat ft Ariana Grande)
961 Blazed (ft Pharrell Williams)
972 Raindrops (An Angel Cried)
986 Pete Davidson
997 Borderline (ft Missy Elliott)

I'm sure it comes to no surprise to anyone that Ariana Grande is my favourite artist. She's also the main reason that I decided to do this countdown in the way I have so I can spend one post where I talk about her instead of like every 20 songs laugh.gif I've listened to her last 4 albums so much (there's probably only about 30 songs I've played more this decade than any of the tracks from these albums) that it's only right that every song from them makes this chart. The only one missing is the 80 second interlude titled 'Intro' from My Everything. I will know discuss the tracks which missed my top 250 by album.

My Everything

My Everything is certainly the album I’ve listened to the most in the last 10 years and every track is an easy 10/10 for me.

As long as we’re not counting his vocals on the chorus on Problem, Best Mistake (#3, EOY #27) is easily her best collaboration with one-time boyfriend Big Sean and lands at 382. Sean’s verse is memorable and Ariana sounds so strong and sultry. This must be one of her coolest songs.

The first of Ariana’s many collaborations with Cashmere Cat, Be My Baby (#15) finishes at 617. This is much more fun and bubbly production from Cat which sets it apart from the others. It sounds like a bit of an early 00’s R&B throwback.

You Don’t Know Me (#17) & Only 1 (#18) are both far too good to be relegated to bonus tracks. Even Ariana agrees, ranking them both in her top 5 songs from the album. It’s so good that she’s been embracing ‘Only 1’ loads recently, performing at her BBC show in 2018 and as part of the Sweetener World Tour. It even features on the ‘k bye for now’ live album. I’ve ranked it at 679 but I already wish I put it higher. You Don’t Know Me is a rare upbeat track on an album that concludes with mostly ballads and is all about the samples, including one from The Beastie Boys! This one lands at 735.

At 742 we have Why Try (#14). Ariana once said that this is her “most boring song” but I think it’s a delight. The bridge towards at the end is perfect and the vocals are among the best I’ve heard from her (which is a huge compliment).

Hands On Me (#15) is the song that has probably aged the most but Ariana really elevates it. Ferg’s chorus where he repeatedly says ‘it’s your birthday’ is what really dates it but his verse it pretty fun and I like it enough for it to end at 799.

My Everything (#18) was never a favourite of mine at the time but the ‘One Love Manchester’ performance has beautiful and has given it a new meaning and it lands at 845.

Dangerous Woman

Dangerous Woman is maybe low-key my favourite Ariana album. This tour in Birmingham was the first time I got to see her live and it was one of the best nights of my life.

Greedy (#3) is an absolute fan-favourite and lands at 383 here. It would have been interesting to see how this would have done as a single as it’s just so funky; the vocals are insane and it’s guaranteed to make you want to dance. I still have some of the Greedy dollars from the Dangerous Woman tour in my wallet. biggrin.gif

Everyday (#9, EOY 75) is one of the worst-choices for a single this decade, I think. On an album full of potential singles I can’t believe this is what they went with. It ends at 560 but I would have ranked it as the lowest track on the album if it was never a single and didn’t get those extra plays because of it.

I adore the verses in Touch It (#12) but while the chorus is still brill, it cannot match the more subdued brilliance of the verses which is why it only ends up at 641. The instrumental (including plane noise) gets a bit too out-there during its build which slightly distracts from her epic voice.

Knew Better / Forever Boy (#12) is a track that just gets better and better. Originally the track that made the least impact on me, it’s the one I keep finding myself going back to. I’ve ranked it at 581 but in another year it would probably be another 100 places higher. Knew Better is a brazen, cocky RnB jam while Forever Boy is a soapier, poppier love song but they somehow work so perfectly together. The little bridge between the songs is one of my favourite moments on the album.

Thinking Bout You (#13) rounds off the album on a high with some of her best vocals (at least I have the memorieeeeeees) and a booming production. Easily one of the most emotional from the album, Ariana claimed it was ‘too sad’ to perform in under the moon during the SWT after fans asked for it. I ranked it at 607.

Sometimes (#6) is an awkwardly named song for one that comes straight after ‘everyday’ on an album. It’s possibly the song that sounds the most ‘My Everything’ era the most and finishes at 665.

Moonlight (#14) is the lowest peaking track from the album in my chart but does manage a higher EOD position (704) than two other tracks. It’s a perfect track to open the album. It sounds very dreamy and spacy and sets the album up beautifully for what’s to follow. It might even be the strongest album-opener in her discography.

Leave Me Lonely (#10) is another great RnB track, this time featuring vocals from Macy Gray. This was one of my favourites from the album at the time but hasn’t held up as much the rest of the album and only finishes at 772. This is one of her most ‘adult’ sounding songs, almost Bond-esque at times.

I Don’t Care (#11) is the most forgettable track from the album which is why it’s the lowest ranked at 817. It’s really pleasant to listen to but it’s just not as bold and exciting as the rest of the album.

Sweetener

Sweetener is unfortunately my least favourite Ariana album but that is like picking your least favourite bank holiday for me; they’re all still great!

The Light Is Coming (#1, EOY 25) is another collaboration between Ari & Nicki. Apparently 8 rappers were auditioned for the song, including Skepta, before deciding to just use Nicki laugh.gif It’s safe to say this never became a fan favourite but I really enjoy it and it properly goes off on tour. It just missed out on the top 250 at 266.

How Everytime (#2, EOY 53) was not a single I’ll never know. This is the song I currently keep going back to from the album. I’ve put it at 339 but if the decade was another year longer, I’m sure this would have ended up climbing into the top 250. The chorus is such an earworm.

Successful (#2, EOY 78) was my instant favourite of the non-singles with its playful and brash tone. The adlibs in the bridge always get me. This is probably where Pharrell’s production works best on the album with the breathy beats giving it a very unique sound. It ends up at a very respectable 348.

Is it bad that I’ve still not listened to the Imogen Heap track that Goodnight n Go (#8) is a cover/reworking of? kink.gif I almost don’t think it’s worth giving it a play because I can’t see anyone doing it better than this. This is certainly one of the better tracks on the album and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone that actually dislikes it (?) I’ve ranked it at 462.

R.E.M (#9) was originally a Beyoncé demo but I’m so glad it ending up going to Ariana. This song just doesn’t get old. The song is so dreamy which is very apt for the concept of the song. It ranks at 563 but could easily be much higher.

Get Well Soon (#10) is a beautiful, therapeutic track that is a very fitting way to end the album, especially with the 40 seconds of silence at the end to leave its runlength at 5:22. It’s a great song to listen to if you’re feeling down and ranks at 687.

Better Off (#8) is a track I always vibe along to when listening to the album not rarely listen to outside of that. Ariana said on Twitter that this song was ‘very old’ and not recorded for this album which makes sense as it sounds more similar in tone to her earlier work to me. 715 sounds about fair for this.

Sweetener (#5) is the title-track but far from the albums best. It turned out to be very polarising with its slightly unconventional chorus but it just about works for me. It ranks in the lower half of the album at 785.

Sweetener is an album with a very strong Pharrell influence but the only track he gets a featured credit on is Blazed (#6). This is far from an Ariana favourite of mine and becomes one of 4 songs from this album to finish between 900-1000, this time at 961.

Raindrops (An Angel Cried) (#15) is the short (38 seconds) opening to Sweetener and really shows off Ariana’s voice with a heavenly long note. It’s great in context of the album and lands at 972.

I wish the song Pete Davidson (#14) had a different title but I can’t let go against it. Like Raindrops it’s another very short interlude that works in context of the album. It’s at 986.

Borderline (#12) is my least-favourite track from the last 4 Ariana albums which is shame because I love Missy Elliott’s big hits too. It’s by no means a bad song, it’s just so forgettable and gets so overshadowed by the bigger, bolder songs on this album. It still makes my top 1000 at 997 though.

Thank U, Next

Thank U, Next is Ari’s most recent and also her most cohesive album to date. This is probably her ‘best’ album even if ‘My Everything’ is the one in my heart.

Imagine (#1, EOY #51) was a 3 week #1 in my chart but only lands at 330 in this countdown. The whistle notes make it a nice throwback to her earlier work but the song was a bit overshadowed by the 3 UK #1 singles that surrounded its release. A very solid way to open the album.

The obvious choice for single 4 would have been Bad Idea (#3, EOY #60). An ethereal and upbeat production with a banger of a chorus, the first 3 minutes of this track are pure pop perfection. And then the string come in to take it even another level higher. This has a very respectable 369 finish.

NASA (#3, EOY #91) is easily one of the strongest songs on the album. A simple but nice metaphor well executed really helps the song to stand out. It’s the (2nd) highest ranked album track at 525.

Needy (#7) is one of the catchiest songs on the album for me. It’s a short but sweet song where the over-thinking and self-doubt in the 2nd verse really lands. It reached the top 10 in the UK chart and 565 here.

In My Head (#9) is one that has grown and grown in my affection. I think it has some of the strongest lyrics on the album (I love the Cain & Abel line) and the little voicenote at the start from Doug Middlebrook sets up the song perfectly. It ranks at 579.

Make Up (#6) seems to be deemed by the general consensus as the weakest track on the album but I think it’s such a cute little bop. Maybe it’s too short but its cheerful and playful and deserves a better reception. I’ve ranked it at 624.

Fake Smile (#8) is probably the most forgettable song on the album but it’s still a really good listen with a bridge that really pops off. Knowing what she’s been through over the past few years really helps you connect with the song that little bit more. It lands at 719.

Bloodline (#10) is a bit of a favourite on this site but it’s my least favourite cut from Thank U, Next. It’s still comfortably in my top 100 here at 905 which just shows how strong the album is.

Others

For a 5-week #1 in my chart, Don’t Call Me Angel (#1, EOY 26) drops out incredibly early at 270. It’s Miley’s only appearance but Lana has another #1 to come. Her parts sound like they’re from a different song completely and the song hasn’t held up too well for me.

The Way (#6, EOY 41) was the song that originally got me into Ariana but not until close to the release of ‘Problem’ and it ends up as the only song from her debut album ‘Yours Truly’ that I listened to enough for it to enter here. It ranks at 372 and is also the only appearance for the late Mac Miller.

How I Look On You (#3, EOY 58) is the 2nd of 3 tracks from last year’s Charlie’s Angels soundtrack. It is a great track and probably would have done better in my charts had it not been released so soon after an album and 2 other singles throughout the year. It still manages a solid 395 EOD position.

Got Her Own (#4, EOY 65) is the final track from the soundtrack to reach this chart and features long-time friend and collaborator Victoria Monét. Ariana first teased this track on Snapchat in 2015 and considered it for both the Dangerous Woman & Sweetener albums. Both artists also performed it during Ari’s tour date in Washington DC back in March, 8 months before it got an official release. It was very much highly anticipated and didn’t disappoint. It ends up at 482.

Santa Tell Me (#4) is Ariana’s signature Christmas song and just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It drops out at 592 here which is pretty remarkable for a Christmas track.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 2nd March 2020, 07:22 PM
Post #30
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

AronChupa

Aron Michael Ekberg (born 30 March 1991), better known by his stage name AronChupa, is a Swedish DJ, rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer and footballer. Aron attended Academy of Art University from 2011 to 2013 and was a standout footballer for the Urban Knights before starting his music career. He gained prominence with his 2014 song "I'm an Albatraoz", which reached number one in Sweden & Denmark.

605 I'm An Albatroaz

I'm An Albatroaz (2015, Peak #2, EOY #58) is a weird song that done a lot better than it should have done in my chart. It does feel a bit cheap but the drop is memorable and the dreadful lyrics really accentuate the craziness of the song. AronChupa's younger sister is the vocalist on this song. I can't believe it has over 1 billion views on YT ohmy.gif

Ava Max

Amanda Ava Koci (born Amanda Koci; February 16, 1994), known professionally as Ava Max, is an American singer and songwriter born to Albanian parents. The single "Sweet but Psycho" became her breakthrough song when it topped the charts in 26 countries including the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, and New Zealand, while also reaching the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and in Australia. Ava is known for her signature hair style, dubbed the "Max Cut".

953 Sweet But Psycho

I'm not surprised that Ava has struggled to continue her success afterwards because Sweet But Psycho (2018, #5) is comfortably her best song. The song is fun and the video matches it perfectly. It also gets huge bonus points for stopping AIWFCIY from reaching the top spot. I've probably ranked it a bit too low but overplay kinda got to my enjoyment of it a bit.

Avicii

Tim Bergling (8 September 1989 – 20 April 2018), known professionally as Avicii, was a Swedish DJ, electronic musician, and songwriter who specialised in audio programming, remixing, and record producing.

He rose to prominence in 2011 with his single "Levels". His debut studio album, True (2013)peaked in the top ten in more than fifteen countries.The lead single, "Wake Me Up", topped most music markets in Europe and reached number four in the United States.

Bergling retired from touring in 2016 due to health problems and on 20 April 2018, he died by suicide in Muscat, Oman. His posthumous third album titled Tim was released in 2019.

608 Wake Me Up
983 The Nights

Avicii was one of the biggest artists of the decade scoring massive hits, none bigger than Wake Me Up (2013, #2, EOY 56). While it is a song that was played to the point of oversaturation, it was a massive, fresh tune at the time and a breathe of fresh air in the charts. After a few years of not being able to listen to it I'm back into it now. The Nights (2015, #9) is a song where my enjoyment of it mostly stemmed from its appearance on the FIFA 15 soundtrack. It's a nice track but not one I go back to.

R.I.P. Avicii

Awolnation

Awolnation is an American rock band, formed and fronted by Aaron Bruno, formerly of Under the Influence of Giants, Home Town Hero, and Insurgence. They released their first studio album, Megalithic Symphony, on March 15, 2011; it featured their most notable hit, "Sail", which peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 has sold 6,000,000 copies in the United States.

652 Sail

Sail (2014, #6) is a song that I think has held up really well throughout the years. The effects on the vocals and the dark production make it such an interesting track that still sounds fresh and original to this day. It was #102 in my EOY chart in 2014 but has climbed above many of the songs from that top 100 here.

This post has been edited by LewisGT: 3rd March 2020, 02:51 PM

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 3rd March 2020, 03:30 PM
Post #31
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Azealia Banks

Azealia Amanda Banks (born May 31, 1991) is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. Raised in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City, she began releasing music through Myspace in 2008 before being signed to XL Recordings at age 17.In 2011, her single “212" went viral and entered several international charts. Banks subsequently signed with Interscope and Polydor Records.

Throughout her career, Banks's social media presence and outspoken views, especially on U.S. politics and race, have attracted significant controversy, criticism, and media scrutiny. She has developed a reputation for having disputes with public figures on Twitter.

??? 212 (ft Lazy Jay)

Azealia Banks might be known for her erratic and often horrendous behaviour outside of her music, she did release one all-time, almost universally loved banger in 212. I haven't given any of her other work much of a chance and neither do I plan on doing so but 212 will always remain a frequent visitor to my playlists. The list on wikipedia of people she's fueded with is hillarious, the bit where it mentions RZA & SZA back-to-back always makes me laugh.

B.o.B.

Bobby Ray Simmons Jr. (born November 15, 1988), known professionally as B.o.B, is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer and conspiracy theorist from Decatur, Georgia. B.o.B quickly rose to fame after his commercial debut single "Nothin' on You", reached number one in both the United States and the United Kingdom. He would later release his third single "Airplanes", which also topped several major music charts.

??? Nothin' On You (ft Bruno Mars)
610 Both Of Us (ft Taylor Swift)

Another artist whose eccentricity now outshines his music. While you wouldn't know it if you had only listened to 2016's Flat-Earth supporting (amongst other conspiracies), Neil DeGrasse Tyson dissing Flatline (a possible contender for worst song of all-time), he did manage to release some huge tunes during his time. His Bruno collab made my top 250 and whiel Both Of Us, his collaboration with a still country-focused Taylor Swift was not as big a hit, it still manages to end up at 610 here. This is when B.o.B. was still trying to be a 'relatable' rapper with lines like "Open up the fridge 'bout 20 times, but you still can’t find no food in it" and "For all the times no one’s ever spoke for us, to every single time that they play this song, you can say that that’s what Bobby Ray wrote for us". It may not have been mind-blowing lyrics but it was a lot better than whatever he has been doing more recently. Taylor absolutely steals the song though with a cute, little chorus that keeps you coming back. This seemed like such a random collaboration at the time and just gets more and more random as the years go by.

Bad Meets Evil

Bad Meets Evil is an American hip hop duo composed of Detroit-based rappers, Royce da 5'9" (Bad) and Eminem (Evil). Bad Meets Evil was formed in 1998, thanks to the duo's mutual friend, Proof. Their discography consists of one extended play (EP) and four singles.

The duo broke up after a feud between Royce and the members of Eminem's group D12. The feud ended when Proof was killed in April 2006. After Royce's super-group Slaughterhouse signed to the Eminem-founded record label Shady Records, a reunion of Bad Meets Evil followed with the extended play Hell: The Sequel (2011), which reached number one on the US Billboard 200.

??? Fast Lane

While Eminem has plenty of songs to come, this is one of only two Royce appearances (the other being his feature on Em's 'Detroit vs. Everybody'). This song is both rappers at their shock-rap peak with some incredibly clever and witty lines hand-in-hand with some poor, childish attempts at controversy.

Baddiel & Skinner

David Lionel Baddiel (born 28 May 1964) is a British comedian, novelist and television presenter. He is known for his work alongside Rob Newman in The Mary Whitehouse Experience and partnership with Frank Skinner. Besides comedy, Baddiel is also a published novelist and a screenwriter who is the author of the children's novels The Parent Agency, The Person Controller, AniMalcolm, Birthday Boy, and Head Kid.

Frank Skinner (born Christopher Graham Collins; 28 January 1957) is an English writer, comedian, TV and radio presenter, and actor. He presented Fantasy Football League from 1994 to 2004, The Frank Skinner Show from 1995 to 2005, Baddiel and Skinner Unplanned from 2000 to 2005 and Room 101 from 2012 to 2018. Since 2009 he has hosted The Frank Skinner Show on Absolute Radio.

Along with David Baddiel, he provided vocals and wrote the lyrics for "Three Lions", the official song in collaboration with Liverpudlian indie band The Lightning Seeds, to mark the England football team's participation in their home 1996 European Championships.This is the only song ever to have four separate stints at number one in the UK singles chart with the same artists, the most recent coming in July 2018 following England reaching the semi-finals of that year's FIFA World Cup.

??? 3 Lions (ft The Lightning Seeds)

One of the rare few non-2010's songs that I've allowed to make this countdown. While not quite matching it's 4 spells atop the UK charts, the song has already had 2 stints atop of my personal chart and is sure to be back for this summer's Euro 2020 championships.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 3rd March 2020, 06:37 PM
Post #32
Group icon

Avicii has so many good songs, shame you've only got two in here but glad you're showing some appreciation at least! Same goes for AronChupa, listen to Llama In My Living Room if you've not already wink.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 5th March 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #33
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Mar 3 2020, 06:37 PM) *
Avicii has so many good songs, shame you've only got two in here but glad you're showing some appreciation at least! Same goes for AronChupa, listen to Llama In My Living Room if you've not already wink.gif

I'd never heard of 'Llama In My Living Room' and I just gave it a listen and it is very weird. I was certainly not expecting an early Ron Jeremy reference laugh.gif

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 5th March 2020, 01:23 PM
Post #34
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Banx & Ranx

Banx & Ranx are a music production duo from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, formed in 2014. Members Soké (real name Zacharie Raymond) and KNY Factory (real name Yannick Rastogi) are producers, songwriters and remixers. The duo is best known for their hit single, "Answerphone", which reached number five on the UK Singles Chart.

323 Answerphone (Banx & Ranx & Ella Eyre ft Yxng Bane)

One of the rare few dance records to break out in my chart during the 2nd half of the decade, Answerphone (2019, #1, EOY #33) is just an amazing showpiece for Ella Eyre. She gives one of her most charismatic performances here and is exactly the sort of song she needs to do if shes is every going to properly blow up. My major criticism of the song is that Bane's verse is pretty pointless. It's far too short to leave any sort of impression. I don't foresee Banx & Ranx ever managing another hit here.

Bastille

Bastille (stylised as BΔSTILLE) are an English alternative rock band formed in 2010. The group began as a solo project by lead vocalist Dan Smith, but later expanded to include keyboardist Kyle Simmons, bassist and guitarist Will Farquarson and drummer Chris "Woody" Wood. The name of the band derives from Bastille Day, which is celebrated on 14 July, the date of Smith's birthday. Their first studio album, Bad Blood, was released in March 2013 and entered the UK Albums Chart at number one and included the hit single "Pompeii" which peaked at number two on the UK Singles Chart. The band was nominated for four Brit Awards at the 2014 ceremony, winning the British Breakthrough Act.

304 Of The Night

While Rob Swire of Pendulum certainly wasn't happy with Bastille's choice of cover, tweeting "BASTILLE, YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO COVER “RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT”. PLEASE STICK TO 90’S SONGS WITHIN YOUR TALENT RANGE, LIKE MAMBO NO. 5", I believe that Of The Night (2014, #1, EOY #28) is the best thing they've released. A mashup of the previously mentioned 'The Rhythm Of The Night' by Corona and 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' by Snap, it is not what you would expect from Bastille but it somehow works. It narrowly missed out on becoming their first UK #1 but at least it became their only #1 in my chart laugh.gif

Bebe Rexha

Bleta Rexha born August 30, 1989), known professionally as Bebe Rexha is an American singer and songwriter. After signing with Warner Bros. Records in 2013, Rexha received songwriting credits on Eminem's single "The Monster" (which later received the Grammy Award for Best Rap/Sung Performance) and has also contributed songwriting to songs recorded by Shinee, Selena Gomez, and Nick Jonas.

??? Take Me Home (Cash Cash ft Bebe Rexha)
545 I'm A Mess
576 Me, Myself & I (G-Eazy ft Bebe Rexha)
706 In The Name Of Love (Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha)
975 Girls (Rita Ora ft Cardi B, Bebe Rexha & Charli XCX)

Bebe has found moderate success in my chart as a featured artist, only one song of her own has truly made an impact. I'm A Mess (2018, #5, EOY #52) really felt like it was going to be a bit of a breakthrough for Bebe. With a fun video and a catchy chorus, it hung around the YouTube charts for ages and felt like it just needed a little push for it to be big. Alas, that never happened and, sans Meant To Be, I don't think it ever will for Bebe.

Becky G

Rebbeca Marie Gomez(born March 2, 1997), also known as Becky G, is an American singer, songwriter and actress. Gomez first gained recognition in 2011 when she began posting videos of herself covering popular songs online. One of her videos caught the attention of producer Dr. Luke, who subsequently offered her a joint record deal with Kemosabe Records and RCA Records. While working on her debut effort, Gomez collaborated with artists will.i.am, Cody Simpson and Cher Lloyd. Gomez achieved mainstream success with the release of "Shower" (2014), which went on to enter the top twenty of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. In July 2017, she released her single "Mayores", with rapper Bad Bunny, which topped the charts in Spain, Ecuador, Chile and El Salvador, while reaching number three on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart. Her success led her to collaborate with artists such as Daddy Yankee, French Montana and David Guetta.

??? Sin Pijama (Becky G & Natti Natasha)
514 Mala Santa
574 Banana (Anitta & Becky G)
656 Sola
974 Mad Love (Sean Paul & David Guetta ft Becky G)

One of only two artists to get multiple foreign-language #1's in my chart, Becky G has been a lowkey star in my charts. Sin Pijama is in my top 250 and her other #1 Mala Santa (2019, EOY #53) falls out at 514. Although it was a bit of a non-#1 (it fell out of the top 10 in it's 2nd week), it did hold well after that and I still give it the odd play now. Her album is pretty solid too biggrin.gif

While it didn't quite reach #1, Sola (2016, #3, EOY #76) was her first Spanish song and her first hit in my chart. It really opened the door for her subsequent hits. While I haven't really gone back to it much, it is a sultry, cool and sexy Latin song that still sounds great.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 10th March 2020, 05:00 PM
Post #35
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Ben Pearce

Ben Pearce is a British DJ and music producer. He has co-founded the record label and DJ agency Purp & Soul with Chris Farnworth and heads as the Creative Director. Ben Pearce's music is considered Deep House with punk/metal, hip-hop, electronica, soul and funk influences.

292 What I Might Do

The 2nd song so far that blew up because of an advert, this time for Tesco, What I Might Do (2013, #1, EOY 34) is one of the best dance tunes of the whole decade. The beat is dark and very atmospheric and the vocals, a sample of the song "Cornbread, Fish & Collard Greens" by Anthony Hamilton, work well in keeping up the sense of intrigue. Wikipedia informs me that it is considered 'deep house' which isn't a genre that has otherwise made much impact in my chart. Ben Pearce is the dictionary definition of a one-hit wonder with this almost unbelievably reaching the top 10 on the back of the Tesco ad. I should go back to it more, it's still sounding great.

Big Sean

Sean Michael Leonard Anderson (born March 25, 1988), known professionally as Big Sean is an American rapper, singer and songwriter. Sean signed with Kanye West's GOOD Music in 2007, Def Jam Recordings in 2008 and Roc Nation in 2014.

??? No Favors (ft Eminem)
265 Feels (Calvin Harris ft Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean)
306 Bounce Back
364 I Don't F**k With You (ft E-40)
382 Best Mistake (Ariana Grande ft Big Sean)
431 Mercy (Kanye West ft Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz)
774 Detroit vs. Everybody (Eminem, Royce da 5'9", Big Sean, Danny Brown, Dej Loaf & Trick-Trick)

Big Sean has so far managed 3 hits in my chart as lead credit and the highest on which, No Favors, has reached my top 250. Bounce Back (2017, #4, EOY #60) just misses out on joining it at 306. This is one of those songs that didn't hang around my chart for long at the time but has racked up tonnes of listens in the time since and has my opinion of it has only grown. I remember thinking Sean was a bit rubbish, even his #1 in my chart has a bit novelty, until he came back in 2017 with a real solid album and 2 massive tunes in No Favours and Bounce Back. His #1 hit, 'I Don't F**k With You' (2015, #1, EOY #48), is marginally the lowest of the three at 364. There are 2 parts which elevate that song: E-40's verse with his brilliant flow that sounds almost Obama like at times and the final verse where the mood of the song changes dramatically and he becomes more reflective, open and honest rather than the flexing of the rest of the song.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 11th March 2020, 05:14 PM
Post #36
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Big Shaq

Michael Dapaah (born 10 August 1991) is a British actor, rapper, and comedian best known for portraying the fictional rapper Big Shaq (also known as Roadman Shaq). He is also known for his mockumentary SWIL (Somewhere in London), which focuses on four characters and their journey to success.

Dapaah saw a rapid growth in public attention when he appeared on Charlie Sloth's BBC Radio 1Xtra show "Fire in the Booth". His comedic rap "Man's Not Hot" (whose backing track was sampled from 67 and Giggs' 2016 track "Let's Lurk") developed into a viral meme, and a studio track version of the song was released on 22 September 2017. The song's music video was released by Dapaah himself on 26 October with cameos from Waka Flocka Flame, Lil Yachty, Dutch rap-group Broederliefde and DJ Khaled. The song peaked at #3 in the U.K. charts and has since been certified platinum.

263 Man's Not Hot

Man's Not Hot (2017, #3, EOY #13) is a song very-much of its time even if it's only 2.5 years old laugh.gif A comedian poking fun at a culture and genre of music has no right to be as fun and catchy as this is. Some lyrics that are genuinely funny (nose long like garden hose, your dad is 44), and some perfectly random to mock the common features of this type of music (the adding and the 'gun' noises). This finished all the way up at #13 in my 2017 chart but being a novelty song. isn't one I go back to often so falls down to 263 here.

Billie Eilish

Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell (born December 18, 2001) is an American singer and songwriter. She first gained media attention in 2016 when she uploaded the song "Ocean Eyes" to SoundCloud. The song was written and produced by her brother Finneas, with whom she collaborates on music and live shows. Eilish's debut studio album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019), debuted atop the Billboard 200 and became the best-performing album of 2019. It also reached number one in the UK. The album containsher first number-one single in the US, 'Bad Guy'.

Her accolades include five Grammy Awards, two American Music Awards, two Guinness World Records, three MTV Video Music Awards, and one Brit Award. She is the second person ever to win the four main Grammy categories; Best New Artist, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Album of the Year in the same year.

646 Bad Guy
856 You Should See Me In A Crown

Billie is well on her way to being one of the biggest artists of the 20's but even before she turned 18 she managed some huge hits in the 10's. Bad Guy (2019, #4, EOY #77) sounded so fresh and original at the time but a year later and it still in the top 20, it's almost unlistenable now. Recently announced as the best-selling worldwide hit of 2019 which shows just how overexposed it has become, it could do with being left back there for a while. There was a time I enjoyed this and that's why it has ended up at 646 but that time feels like long, long ago.

You Should See Me In A Crown (2018, #9) was the first Billie song I got into and why I didn't like it as much as Bad Guy, I'd certainly chose to listen to it first nowadays. I'm glad it eventually got an official video because that spider one just creeps me out (I can deal with the animated spider). laugh.gif This was helped out by its appearance on the FIFA 19 soundtrack.

Bingo Players

Bingo Players is a Dutch dance and electro house musical project fronted by DJ and record producer Maarten Hoogstraten. Bingo Players was originally a duo, which included Paul Bäumer, who died from cancer in 2013. After the death of Bäumer, Hoogstraten announced that Bäumer had said to continue with the Bingo Players. They are best known for their hit songs "Cry (Just a Little)" and "Rattle". Bingo Players were ranked number 52 in DJ Mag's Top 100 DJs list for 2013.

??? Get Up (Rattle) (ft Far East Movement)

The song with the epic duck video has made the top 250 so I want discuss in here apart from saying RIP to Paul Bäumer who died in the same year as the track reached the UK #1.

+Quote this post
PeteFromLeeds
post 11th March 2020, 07:58 PM
Post #37
Group icon

Get Up is a fantastic song! A brilliant mix of dance and rap (although when is a mix of dance and rap not brilliant kink.gif) with an iconic music video as well.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 12th March 2020, 09:06 PM
Post #38
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(PeteFromLeeds @ Mar 11 2020, 07:58 PM) *
Get Up is a fantastic song! A brilliant mix of dance and rap (although when is a mix of dance and rap not brilliant kink.gif) with an iconic music video as well.

I didn't realise until I started to read your End of Decade thread how much of a big genre that dance-rap is for you smile.gif Certainly one of the videos of the 10's.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 12th March 2020, 09:11 PM
Post #39
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Blackpink

Blackpink (Hangul: 블랙핑크; commonly stylized as BLACKPINK or BLΛƆKPIИK) is a South Korean girl group formed by YG Entertainment, consisting of members Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa. The group debuted on August 8, 2016, with their single-album Square One, which spawned "Whistle", their first number-one song in South Korea, as well as "Boombayah", their first number-one hit on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart. With the group's early commercial success, they were hailed as the New Artist of the Year at the 31st Golden Disc Awards and the 26th Seoul Music Awards.

As of 2019, Blackpink is the highest-charting female K-pop act on both Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, peaking at number 41 with "Kill This Love", and peaking at number 24 with Kill This Love, respectively. They are also the first female K-pop group to have four number-one singles on Billboard's World Digital Song Sales chart. At the time of its release, "Ddu-Du Ddu-Du" was the most-viewed Korean music video in the first 24 hours on YouTube, and in January 2019, it became the most viewed music video by a K-pop group on the website. As of September 2019, Blackpink is the most-subscribed music group on YouTube..

??? Boombayah
??? Ddu-Du Ddu-Du
??? Kill This Love
??? Playing With Fire
317 Whistle
505 As If It's Your Last
633 Kiss And Make Up (Dua Lipa & Blackpink)
672 Don't Know What To Do
691 Kick It
797 Forever Young
846 Stay
882 Hope Not

Blackpink have very quickly became one of my favourite artists around and managed to get their whole back-catalogue to reach my charts since I first heard Ddu-Du the year before last. Four of their songs have made my top 250, including last year's EOY #1 'Kill This Love' which is a huge contender to top this EOD countdown. Please comeback soon!!!

Whistle (2019, #3, EOY #54) is one of their catchiest and could have easily nicked a top 250 place. This is one I really fell in love with when I saw them perform it live. It's just so fun and the video is one of their best. Some very iconic looks. As If It's Your Last (2019, #5) is a brilliant tune and would have easily been a #1 in my chart if I had heard it when it came out but I only first charted it after their concert and it got overshadowed by some of their bigger sounding songs. Stay (2019, #5) is a song that Blackpink performed twice at the Manchester concert I went to. As it was the 2nd anniversary of the Ariana concert and they beautifully ended the concert with the song as a tribute. It's certainly the most fitting of theirs that they could have chosen, it's easily the most emotional and reflective song in their repertoire.

Don't Know What To Do (2019, #4, EOY #63) is (just about) my favourite of the other tracks from the ‘Kill This Love’ EP. The verses are a little slow but as soon as it gets the chorus the track gets very hype. Kick It (2019, #9, EOY #70) is one of their songs with the highest percentage of English lyrics which certainly helps it in the getting-stuck-in-your-head stakes. I love Lisa’s rap followed by Jisoo’s pre-chorus. wub.gif Hope Not (2019, #17) is certainly the KTL track I go back to least but it’s still a really pleasant listen. Not their best but it does allow their voices to shine.

Forever Young (2019. #4, EOY #95) is an album-track from the Square-Up EP and was the first introduction of the BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION phrase which is now common-place in their songs. I wish this would have got a music video, I can only imagine how much that would have slayed.

+Quote this post
LewisGT
post 19th March 2020, 01:27 PM
Post #40
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

BlocBoy JB

James Lee Baker (born May 19, 1996), better known as BlocBoy JB, is an American rapper and songwriter. He is best known for his song "Look Alive" featuring Drake, which peaked at number five on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 2018.

639 Look Alive (ft Drake)

Look Alive (2018, #6, EOY #94) is much more a Drake song than a BlocBoy JB song but it is infact JB's verse that I like most about this song. He has a weird flow that's really fun and really stands out next to the average Drake song the rest of it is. It's easy to forget just how much of a big hit this was. It's a Billboard top 5 smash and even ended up at 65 in the UK 2018 EOY countdown.

Blonde

Blonde are an English deep house production duo from Bristol, consisting of Jacob Manson and Adam Englefield. They came to prominence in the UK after BBC Radio 1 playlisted their single "I Loved You".

705 I Loved You (ft Melissa Steel)

Blonde really felt like they had something going for a while. They scored 3 quick hits and then seemed to lose all their popularity. I Loved You (2015, #9, EOY #91) was their first hit and easily their best for me. Listening to it now and it still feels pretty fresh. A pretty cool video too. Blonde may appear again in a higher position under a different na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-name.

Blue Swede

Blue Swede was a Swedish rock band headlined by Björn Skifs which was active 1973–1975. Blue Swede released two albums of cover versions, including a rendition of "Hooked on a Feeling", which brought them international chart success. The band consisted of Anders Berglund (piano), Björn Skifs (lead vocals), Bosse Liljedahl (bass), Hinke Ekestubbe (saxophone), Jan Guldbäck (drums), Michael Areklew (guitar) and Tommy Berglund (trumpet).[2] They disbanded after Skifs decided to embark on his solo career.

397 Hooked On A Feeling

I've tried to limit this countdown to songs released in the 10's for the most part but I feel like this is now a song that will almost be better remembered at a 10's song than a 70's song so has earned its place. Guardians of the Galaxy is a film that I consider to (possibly) be my favourite film of all-time and one thing that is huge to that film's success is the soundtrack. Awesome Mix Vol. 1 is one of the best selling soundtracks of all-time and for good reason. Hooked On A Feeling (2015, #2, EOY #63) was the real beneficiary of the film. Used heavily in the trailers and promotion the 'ooga-chaka-ooga-ooga' chant got into everybody's head, including mine. It's hard to believe that this is a cover and not an original ohmy.gif

Blueface

Johnathan Michael Porter (born January 20, 1997), known professionally as Blueface, is an American rapper, singer and songwriter. In October 2018, after releasing the music video for his song "Respect My Cryppin", he became a viral internet meme due to his off-beat style of rapping and his tattoo of Benjamin Franklin on the side of his face.

686 Thotiana (ft Cardi B)

Thotiana (2019, #5, EOY #76) is by no means a 'good' song but Blueface's unique style of rapping (ie offbeat) does make it hit the ear in an unusual way which makes it really stand out. The song is catchy and I know it won't hold up well at all but I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts. While I did prefer the Cardi B remix at the time, now when I go back to it I stick with the original.

+Quote this post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:09 AM