BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> No Reunion Yet, Kimberley
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
pippa
post Jul 22 2019, 02:15 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031
Just reading Kimberley quashing any rumours of a reunion happening but not fully ruled out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/95544...on-wont-happen/

The main issue with Girls Aloud is the fallout among some members as the girls are very split.
If they could resolve some of this, they could reunite and be very successful touring as they have so much material to tour.
With material, the Spice Girls are far more restricted with the tours due to having far less material.

This post has been edited by pippa: Jul 22 2019, 06:31 PM
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jul 22 2019, 05:40 PM
Post #2
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
I'm glad she's not totally ruled one out at least! I live in hope that one day we'll see them reform for a tour heart.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 22 2019, 06:31 PM
Post #3
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I strongly feel they will reunite someday for a tour and put their differences behind them.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 22 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 39,568
Shoddy interview... "ruled the charts for seven years with hits including No Good Advice, Biology and PROMISE ME!?" It's not like they even mixed it up with Cheryl's solo single as that is Promise This... The Sun the pits of journalism.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 22 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 22 2019, 03:15 PM) *
With material, the Spice Girls are far more restricted with the tours due to having far less material.

I totally disagree. Girls Aloud would be expected to sing the singles just like Spice Girls do, if they were to tour. They would be a nostalgia act now in the same vein with the same restrictions tbh. I expect a reunion tour would basically be the same as the Ten Tour.

+Quote this post
Jordanlee
post Jul 23 2019, 02:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Jord
User: 27,116
I kinda agree.

Like stans love random album tracks but most people who go would wanna hear their obvious hits so a tour would feel similar unless they released another album to coincide the tour.

But atm I don’t think demand is quite there for a full new album. Maybe in 2022?

Released by 20 the new album and tour of the same name.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 23 2019, 03:12 PM
Post #7
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Spiceboy @ Jul 22 2019, 10:22 PM) *
I totally disagree. Girls Aloud would be expected to sing the singles just like Spice Girls do, if they were to tour. They would be a nostalgia act now in the same vein with the same restrictions tbh. I expect a reunion tour would basically be the same as the Ten Tour.

Girls Aloud have had double the amount of hits than the Spice Girls.
Leaving album tracks to one side, Girls Aloud have more flexablity with material than the Spice Girls.
I am not taking from the Spice Girls as i am a fan of them.

+Quote this post
Padamic Tension
post Jul 24 2019, 11:38 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845
Ya girls aloud def have more room due to a far bigger back catalogue so that gives them options.its a shame that they dont really get on that well and any reunion would only ever be short lived.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 24 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 23 2019, 04:12 PM) *
Girls Aloud have had double the amount of hits than the Spice Girls.
Leaving album tracks to one side, Girls Aloud have more flexablity with material than the Spice Girls.
I am not taking from the Spice Girls as i am a fan of them.

They do have alot more singles I agree but I wouldn't say that in terms of the general public all of those singles are well remembered, they have the same restrictions in that they have to sing their big hits. The only difference is that all the Spice Girls singles were huge hits really...

1. Sound of the underground
2. No good advice
3. Jump
4. The show
5. Love machine
6. I'll stand by you
7. Biology
8. Something kinda ooh
9. Call the shots
10. The promise
11. Something new

Those are your big Girls Aloud hits that the general public are likely to remember.

12. Life got cold
13. Wake me up
14. Whole lotta history
15. I think we're alone now (well remembered for someone else more of a cover than Girls Aloud song)
16. Sexy, no, no, no
17. Can't speak French
18. The loving kind
19. Untouchable
20. On the metro

Those are your big fans will remember them and general public / general fans probably won't.

Very similar to:
1. Wannabe
2. Say you'll be there
3. 2 become 1
4. Who do you think you are
5. Mama
6. Spice up your life
7. Too much
8. Stop
9. Viva forever
10. Goodbye

Those are your big hits remembered by fans and general public

11. Holler
12. Let love lead the way
13. Move over
14. Love thing
15. If u can't dance
16. Lady is a vamp
17. We are family (well remembered as a cover for someone else / Spice Girls track from previous tours)
18. Do it
19. Spiceworld the movie chant

Those are the hits / album tracks remembered by big fans but not by the general public / general fans.

Very similar if you ask me, the only difference is Girls Aloud's are pretty much all singles while Spice Girls ones include album tracks.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 24 2019, 04:10 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
And I say the above as a huge Girls Aloud fan who would go see them in an instant if they got back together! Saw them on their first tour, the Tangled up tour and the Ten tour.

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 24 2019, 05:23 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
My point referred to singles released by both bands.
Groups who reunite to tour generally perform singles and that is where Girls Aloud have more to offer.
I highlight i am not taking away from the Spice Girls as i am equally a fan of both groups.
Girls Aloud have 5 studio albums versus 3 from the Spice Girls and Girls Aloud have those supporters who are fans of some album tracks too.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 24 2019, 09:05 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(pippa @ Jul 24 2019, 06:23 PM) *
My point referred to singles released by both bands.
Groups who reunite to tour generally perform singles and that is where Girls Aloud have more to offer.
I highlight i am not taking away from the Spice Girls as i am equally a fan of both groups.
Girls Aloud have 5 studio albums versus 3 from the Spice Girls and Girls Aloud have those supporters who are fans of some album tracks too.

I'm not saying you are taking anything from the Spice Girls and to be fair neither am I from Girls Aloud I love them too... I'm simply saying that Girls Aloud are a legacy act now just like the Spice Girls and any tour that they do is basically nostalgia focused just like the Spice Girls. Yes they have more singles but I'd say all in all the Spice Girls have just as many memorable singles as GA despite them having double the amount, so really their concert, although more singles filled, would ultimately be the same kind of concert as the Spice Girls. 10 or so big well known tracks and then another 7-10 no very well known tracks except for amongst big fans. Their extra singles in some respects are on the same level as Spice Girls album tracks.

This post has been edited by Spiceboy: Jul 24 2019, 09:07 PM

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 25 2019, 08:59 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
I understand your points more clearly now.
Both great groups and both have so much to offer on a tour.

+Quote this post
Voodoo
post Jul 26 2019, 01:29 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 5,829
Girls Aloud aren't as loved and fondly remembered as the Spice Girls. Fact.

Their Ten reunion was very lackluster. Imagine how the next one would be, now that they are all older (but not much wiser).

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 26 2019, 02:16 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The legacy of the Spice Girls is unbeatable.
With any girlband no one comes close.

The Ten reunion was too short and half hearted and as we know are aware full of tensions.
Moving forward for any reunion the girls really need to address and overcome the issues between them.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 27 2019, 11:12 AM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(Voodoo @ Jul 26 2019, 02:29 PM) *
Girls Aloud aren't as loved and fondly remembered as the Spice Girls. Fact.

Their Ten reunion was very lackluster. Imagine how the next one would be, now that they are all older (but not much wiser).

I think that's a bit unfair re the Ten tour. It served it purpose and all in all was a successful Arena tour across the UK.

+Quote this post
tommie
post Jul 27 2019, 11:25 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 8,073
Meanwhile, The Saturdays are celebrating their well-filled reunion stadium tour.

+Quote this post
spiceboy
post Jul 27 2019, 07:42 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
QUOTE(tommie @ Jul 27 2019, 12:25 PM) *
Meanwhile, The Saturdays are celebrating their well-filled reunion stadium tour.

Is it bad I'm digging the Sat's fan in the blue shorts w00t.gif laugh.gif

+Quote this post
pippa
post Jul 30 2019, 01:36 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
The Saturdays had some good singles but lacked consistency which was the reason i never really got behind them or invested in the group.
I did purchase their Greatest Hits which houses some good pop numbers but has a some duds too.
They never hit the levels of Girls Aloud in the UK.

+Quote this post
post Jul 30 2019, 01:56 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931
Girls Aloud have a lot less remembered hits than Spice Girls, despite having more.

Pretty much everyone would remember:
Love Machine
Sound of the Underground
The Promise
I'll Stand By You
Jump (Due to also being covers)
Most casual music fans would remember:
Something Kinda Ooooh
Call The Shots
Biology
Can't Speak French
A lot of music fans would also remember:
No Good Advice
The Loving Kind

When I went to Gals Aloud a few months ago the only songs that all the casuals that had bought tickets at Brighton Fringe knew were the top 4. The women sat in the booth with us were shook me and my friends knew all the words to Sexy No No No.

The rest I think only specifically Girls Aloud or big pop fans would remember well. Pretty much all of Spice Girls singles are well known to everyone bar Holler, Let Love Lead the Way (Even those are well known to a lot) and especially Headlines. I'd put all of Wannabe, Say You'll Be There, 2 become 1, Mama, Who Do You Think You Are, Spice Up, Stop, Goodbye and Viva Forever in the "Everyone would remember" category. 'Too Much' in the next column with Holler.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:33 AM