BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Super Eurovision III - Opinions
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Do we want Super Eurovision III?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
p a v
post 25th June 2017, 06:50 PM
Post #21
Group icon
thanks for being a sarcy lil bitch
User: 4,397

Oh dear, I'm quite a flop. 2 wildcards every week. Okay, I need to spend less time on the internet today.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
LexC
post 7th August 2017, 05:46 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

Okay so, here's an update about a minor tweak of the format, and also an appeal for hosts for Week 8 and 10 if you fancy throwing your hat in the ring

WK1: Azerbaijan, Greece, Israel, Sweden (40 songs) Adam
WK2: Belgium, Estonia, Germany, Slovenia (40 songs) Lex
WK3: Denmark, France, Macedonia, Netherlands (40 songs) Ryan
WK4: Albania, Iceland, Malta, Switzerland (40 songs) Iz
WK5: Finland, Ireland, Latvia, Spain (40 songs) Harry
WK6: Belarus, Lithuania, Moldova, Norway (40 songs) Lex
WK7: Bulgaria, Georgia, Poland, Russia, United Kingdom (44 songs) Jahq
WK8: Armenia, Croatia Hungary, Portugal, Serbia (43 songs) TBC
WK9: Cyprus, Montenegro, Romania, San Marino, Ukraine (43 songs) Jerick
WK10: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Italy, Slovakia, Turkey (39 songs) TBC

WKS 1-9 // Top 2 songs from each country qualifies + the next 2 highest ranked songs
WK10 // Top song from each country qualifies

That gives us a slightly less round figure of 104 songs in the Semi Finals, but it averages out as four sets of 26 which is the equivalent of an IRL Final so it still works out okay. Also it means that the likes of Andorra can't get a wildcard at the expense of someone like Ukraine or Armenia which was a little bit very unfair. It does mean you can only have one of Conchita/Zoe or Casanova/La Teva Decisio through to the next round but, hey, choices had to be made.

Wildcards for Weeks 7 to 9 will be decided by calculating the scoreboards with the bottom finishers (they're all bottoms) eliminated from the competition until all of the countries have the same amount of songs. So, say, your eight pointer comes last in Russia in week 7. This means that your votes are then readjusted so that your seven pointer becomes your eight pointer when deciding who to give a wildcard spot to. Any wildcard decision and countbacks will then be made on the basis of the 'new' scoreboard. Hope I've explained that properly

Love Love Peace Peace x

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 7th August 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #23
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

QUOTE(LexC @ Aug 7 2017, 06:46 PM) *
So, say, your eight pointer comes last in Russia in week 7. This means that your votes are then readjusted so that your seven pointer becomes your eight pointer when deciding who to give a wildcard spot to.

namIng no nameS

i love cAsanova and la tevA deCisio but let's have neither and go with 2007

+Quote this post
alby
post 7th August 2017, 09:12 PM
Post #24
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,115

QUOTE(LexC @ Aug 7 2017, 06:46 PM) *
Wildcards for Weeks 7 to 9 will be decided by calculating the scoreboards with the bottom finishers (they're all bottoms) eliminated from the competition until all of the countries have the same amount of songs. So, say, your eight pointer comes last in Russia in week 7. This means that your votes are then readjusted so that your seven pointer becomes your eight pointer when deciding who to give a wildcard spot to. Any wildcard decision and countbacks will then be made on the basis of the 'new' scoreboard. Hope I've explained that properly

Ok, that sounds like a good way of dealing with the unequal number of entries per country in weeks 7-9. I've never hosted anything like this before but I'd be very happy to have a go at hosting one of the remaining weeks if that's alright with the organisers

+Quote this post
LexC
post 8th August 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
User: 5,342

We can put you down for next week if you want?

+Quote this post
alby
post 8th August 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #26
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 19,115

That would be super, thanks!

+Quote this post

2 Pages V  < 1 2