BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie, 1st July
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
JackTheeStallion
post Feb 21 2016, 12:20 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

Trailer doesn't give anything away at all but I really loved the series when I was younger, looking forward to this a lot!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Feb 21 2016, 05:35 PM
Post #2
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

h y p e (esp for the cameos)

+Quote Post
Slick
post Feb 21 2016, 05:39 PM
Post #3
electric butterflies
Member No.: 70
   No Gallery Pics

I've got a horrible feeling that this isn't going to be good. I am not confident in Jennifer's ability since Viva Forever.

+Quote Post
richie
post Feb 22 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #4
Poet and Storyteller
Member No.: 166
   No Gallery Pics

Scraping the bottom of a not particularly nice smelling barrel.

+Quote Post
Jessie Where
post Feb 22 2016, 01:20 PM
Post #5
Break the tension
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 51

My expectations are kind of low, but pretty much a huge chunk of my friendship group will be going to see it so I'll tag along.

+Quote Post
JackTheeStallion
post Apr 27 2016, 05:56 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 223

New trailer for it makes it looks fairly promising actually! Looking forward to this biggrin.gif.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 27 2016, 06:00 PM
Post #7
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Looks pretty good cheer.gif Just finished watching this on Netflix, so weird seeing Jane as an actual grown up laugh.gif she was a little baby in the episode I just saw.

+Quote Post
LexC
post Apr 27 2016, 06:28 PM
Post #8
Attack Dog/Sass Queen
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,342

QUOTE(Regina @ Apr 27 2016, 07:00 PM) *
Looks pretty good cheer.gif Just finished watching this on Netflix, so weird seeing Jane as an actual grown up laugh.gif she was a little baby in the episode I just saw.

Oh THAT's who the black girl was, for some reason I thought it was just one of Saffy's friends.

The trailer seems to show that it should be a decent camp old romp, I think everybody knows it's not going to be an Oscar winner/change cinema forever but it should still be pretty decent.

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jul 3 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #9
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Went into it having not seen the series and really enjoyed it, thought there were plenty of laughs. The scene on the plane with Rebel Wilson was my highlight but there was no shortage of one-liners and I liked trying to spot all the celebs.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Jul 3 2016, 10:33 PM
Post #10
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

Went to see this today (after my mum registered interest in seeing it with me) and i had never seen the TV show before so didn't know what to expect. This was absolutely ridiculous (see: well, the whole plot really kink.gif) but i guess that was part of the charm laugh.gif There were a lot of funny moments and i loved the cameos! Chris Colfer and Rebel Wilson in particular. Love that we got to see all these big names having a laugh! Just a camp, fun and feel-good hour and a half.

+Quote Post
Popchartfreak
post Jul 5 2016, 07:00 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 17,376
   No Gallery Pics

yes, fun enough spin-off, nostalgia and cameos galore. Rebel Wilson was the best bit, but also good to see Lulu still in movies some 50 years (!!) after the Oscar-winning To Sir With Love. Fab to see my fave London club the now-listed Royal Vauxhall Tavern used for the drag-night scene with Saffy doing a karaoke turn on At Seventeen, the ultimate tearjerker anthem for lonely teenage girls.

Oh, also Chris Colfer from Glee does a great camping it up bit too. June Whitfield is 90! This gives her a span of nearly 60 years in movies. Not bad....

6/10

+Quote Post
Alex!
post Jul 5 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 10,983
   No Gallery Pics

I really enjoyed this. Was just like the tv series and had near every member of the cast there. Some really funny bits too!

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jul 5 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #13
Queen of Soon
Member No.: 3,474

I thought this was rather enjoyable! It's not award winning and it never set out to be. It's completely silly and camp and just funny. It was exactly what I wanted on Saturday.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jul 9 2016, 08:31 PM
Post #14
c:
Member No.: 20,692

It does take a lot for me to laugh at comedies really so to be honest, I really didn't laugh much. BUT still enjoyed it massively as something light to watch, could watch Patsy and Edina for hours easily, the right amount of bonkers to make it enjoyable. The two leads just have so much charisma that I didn't mind the jokes not being laugh out loud funny. I think the funniest moment actually came from Chris Colfer going 'just take it, bitch!' whilst ripping out the poor girl's hair laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:37 AM