BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upcoming Rihanna documentary, Release date TBA
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Sep 28 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

First Lady Gaga then Demi Lovato... now Rihanna?!

Pop star documentaries are making a major comeback this year and Rihanna is the next superstar to let cameras into her private sphere to show the world what her life is like.

The self-titled film Rihanna was filmed over 18 months from 2015 recording sessions for her eighth studio album Anti to the album release and its supporting world tour that saw her sell out stadiums across the globe throughout 2016.

We'll be able to follow the 'Wild Thoughts' singer as she recorded the mega-successful album, became a bonafide fashion designer for Puma, filmed several movies and toured the world because that's just what you do in 18 months when you're Rihanna.

As the coolest girl in music, she is always candid when we get a glimpse of her but she's become a lot more private and basically stopped doing full interviews in the past few years so this is incredibly exciting news!

Filmed by Peter Berg, the film will "Follow this true international superstar as she navigates life as an artist, businesswoman, and humanitarian, while contending with the inherent pressure of artistic freedom," according to the production company's website.

It will be "an unfiltered look into Rihanna's life and how she's ascended to become a global icon, providing a glimpse into the evolution of one of the world’s most well-known pop artists."

While Gaga: Five Foot Two premiered on Netflix and Demi Lovato: Simply Complicated will stream on YouTube, it's not yet confirmed where Rihanna will be available but we're thinking she could even go all the way and put this in the cinemas?

We know we'd pay to see her in the studio with Drake, Kendrick Lamar, SZA and the rest of the A-list names she hangs with!

Rihanna is one of the biggest stars in the world, equally for her hilarious personality, beauty and her music, so we cannot WAIT to watch this!

Read more at http://www.mtv.co.uk/rihanna/news/rihanna-...iJuXSBKWyhWV.99
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Sep 28 2017, 05:05 PM
Post #2
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Hyped for this!

Really looking forward to seeing more BTS Rihanna! That last paragraph thoughhhh... if she releases it to TIDAL I s2fg!!!! pirate.gif

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 28 2017, 09:08 PM
Post #3
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

Omg yas! One of my favourite personalities in music, this will only make me love her more as an artist and a person! heart.gif Can't wait!

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post Aug 18 2018, 12:17 AM
Post #4
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

Way back in 2016, director Peter Berg announced his plans to film a documentary on Rihanna, described as "more a character study than a music film.” Since then, further details concerning the project have been scant. But in a newly published interview for his Mark Wahlberg film Mile 22, Berg confirmed that Rihanna is well on its way.
"I think she’s an extraordinary young woman," he told SlashFilm. "It really is kind of a pretty comprehensive profile of what goes in to making her this talent that she is." Better yet, Berg revealed that the documentary is set to release very, very soon, saying "the movie will be out in about a month and half, two months we’ll be able to start showing it."

It's not the only upcoming foray into FentyCinema. Earlier this week, Rih was spotted on set with Donald Glover in Cuba filming a new movie Guava Island. The new documentary Rihanna will be the second time Berg has worked with Bad Gal, the first being his 2012 action flick Battleship.

https://www.thefader.com/2018/08/17/rihanna...g-out-this-fall

It obvs doesn't sound much like that but Five Foot Two, as a Gaga fan was incredible watch and I can't wait for a documentary on Rih *.* HYPE

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Aug 18 2018, 11:07 AM
Post #5

Merged with the previous thread about this. Would be a good bridge to her finally releasing R9 in Q1 next year.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Nov 1 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #6

A website called FILM 45 has posted this:

"Peter Berg’s bold and innovative Rihanna is an unfiltered look into Rihanna's life, providing a glimpse into the evolution of one of the world’s most well-known pop artists. With unparalleled access into the singer’s life and over 1200 hours of footage, the doc takes us on a journey through private insights into Rihanna’s personality and humor, philosophies on work, family and love that are both moving and inspirational.

COMING SOON."

About time!

+Quote Post
Jordanlee
post Nov 2 2018, 01:59 AM
Post #7
Jord
Member No.: 27,116

This would be special heart.gif

I feel like I know Rihanna much less lately so something like this would probably turn me into a Stan for her again.

+Quote Post
Andrew.
post May 1 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #8
is in hibernation
Group: Banned
Member No.: 21,161

'Coming soon' exclusively on Amazon ohmy.gif

First image:

Perched gaycat.png It feels like we've got to see so little of HER and her personality for the last three years so this will be very welcome. If they're smart they'll tie it in with the R9 release x

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:18 AM