BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pokemon // Generation 8, - Pokemon Sword & Shield announced today-
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Atonement
post Jun 12 2019, 06:48 PM
Post #61
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Group: Members
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Liаm @ Jun 11 2019, 10:12 PM) *
I might sound very cynical but it feels like this is leading up to the obligatory enhanced second version having them all, so people will buy Sword and Shield now bc of the Switch hype, then also buy the next one to get all the Pokemon laugh.gif Some people are saying that it's no different to when Sun and Moon didn't have the option of getting certain Pokemon until Pokemon Bank was updated for it, and like fine you can never obtain every Pokemon in every game but to not even code them in and never have the option of bringing them over.....

I'm not THAT bothered from a personal standpoint as I always tend to use new Pokemon in playthroughs anyway but it's just such a weird decision, it's going to limit the metagame for example.

UGH I skipped Let's No and will have to skip this too waiting for the re-release I guess. I mean, I'm the same as you: I always use the newest generation in my party in playthroughs, but I'm not gonna buy this game only for it to be re-released a year later with ALL Pokémon in it and likely a few new areas. I know it is all but confirmed but it'll probably happen.

Why does GameFreak keep on disappointing me. The last Pokémon game I played was Black or White (don't even remember which one I have) and I want to play a new Pokémon game but I don't want to settle.

As Animal Crossing is delayed this means there are no games coming in 2019 that I will want to buy.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Defaze
post Saturday, 10:44 PM
Post #62
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 17,608
   No Gallery Pics

Sorry, but these games looks awful.

The level of backlash GameFreak has been receiving after the cut Pokemon reveal is kinda unprecedentent for this series, but I must say, I'm glad they're finally on the receiving end of criticism. I've felt Pokemon fans at large have been wayyyy too lenient in the past, especially after the absolute shitshow GameFreak have consistently served with XY, SM, USUM and the worst offender, Let's Go. ORAS was the best of the 3DS era, but that was predominantly due to how amazing the original games were -- and even then they butchered key aspects like the Battle Frontier. I've been replaying Platinum, Heart Gold and Black 2 recently, and the absolute nosedive in quality the series took after the transition to 3D is honestly quite startling.

This post has been edited by Defaze: Saturday, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
Atonement
post Sunday, 09:11 AM
Post #63
I just had to see your face to feel alive
Member No.: 10,676
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(Defaze @ Jun 16 2019, 12:44 AM) *

Sorry, but these games looks awful.

That Steelix appearing out of nowhere has me howling. It's just not acceptable for a game in 2019.

Graphics are not as important to me as actual gameplay and difficulty/post-game but even that I have little faith in tbh.

Please prove me wrong GF.

+Quote Post
Stray Cody
post Sunday, 06:05 PM
Post #64
You're my favorite pizza place
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

the "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH... he tried it" was what got me

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 06:04 PM