BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Happy 15th birthday to..., This is a story about a girl named.. Lucky.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 14th July 2015, 04:01 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Yep. 15 (!!) years since the 'Lucky' video. wub.gif

GODNEY has not forgotten and neither should we. She tweeted early mornehn about it.

LET US CELEBRATE.

One of her proper, genuine classics. Also such a harrowing story and a massive, eery look into the future of this pop starlet! The message hits close to home for most.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 14th July 2015, 04:04 PM
Post #2
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Billboard's article on the piece.

Early morning, Britney Spears woke up and shared a very important message with the world:

Britney Spears ✔@britneyspears
This is a story about a music video called #Lucky that turned 15 today! 💃⭐ https://youtu.be/4vvBAONkYwI
3:35 AM - 14 Jul 2015

Besides being one of the pop princesses great ballads (at the time, Billboard wrote of the tune, "It has everything in hand to radiate across summer airwaves for months,") the song, off Oops...I Did It Again, gained additional significance in the years since its release for what fans took to be her ahead-of-their-time confessions that all that glitters isn't gold.

In honor of the anniversary, re-watch the cheesy-but-perfect music video above, and then ponder these very serious discussion points.

1. "I hate it when celebrities talk about how 'depressing' their lives are," Spears explained in the Making The Video episode for "Lucky." "I wouldn't change my life for anything; I'm so happy with what I'm doing, but I'm human. I'm sad sometimes, just like everybody else out there."

2. Quiz question: Can you name the movie that Lucky is starring in?
(It's Top of the World -- which is no Crossroads 2: Cross Harder, but it'll do.)

3. Show of hands if you spent way too much of the year 2000 trying to get your hair to look like this when in reality you looked like a millennial Carol Brady.

4. "It's the most amazing thing in the world when you're able to touch people with your songs," Spears explained at the time about her feelings about the "mature" sound of "Lucky." "When they know all the words to your songs. At the same time, it's a humbling experience. It's like, 'Oh my gosh, wow. It feels really nice. It's all really, really nice."

5. This is undoubtedly one of the high points of Britney Spears' career -- a fact that is fully on display in her current Las Vegas show. The hushed silence of the crowd once she begins speaks to the intense nostalgia people feel for remembering the first time the pop princess let us inside, just for a moment, her crazy, crazy world

+Quote this post
Tyler
post 14th July 2015, 07:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
If people hate you, don’t hate them.
User: 67

BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST POP SONGS OF ALL TIME.

It is just perfect. And the nostalgia is next level.

+Quote this post
post 14th July 2015, 07:02 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

major Nostalgia. One of her best.

+Quote this post
Jessie Where
post 14th July 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #5
Group icon
Break the tension
User: 51

It's one I've grown to love more over the past year or so, I didn't realise when I was younger quite how sinister it really is lyrically.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 07:26 PM