BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Molly's Game, Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, Michael Cera
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Aug 14 2017, 09:52 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

Full trailer debuts tomorrow so this has me hyped.

It's directed by first-time director Aaron Sorkin (Oscar winning screenwriter of The Social Network as well as Moneyball, Steve Jobs and Charlie Wilson's War) - an impressive résumé indeed so hopefully he's just as good at directing as he is writing. I feel like the awards chances are probably quite low for this now but you still have to name it as a contender. Jessica Chastain looks great too, this is reminding me of a sort of Miss Sloane type role so I think I'm going to love it *-*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 15 2017, 05:47 PM
Post #2
c:

Well, here's the full trailer:

I like the look of it and Jessica Chastain looks like she could be really good in it. You always know it's Sorkin when nobody speaks like they're in real life too laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Aug 15 2017, 05:53 PM
Post #3
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

BOOBS.
Jessica looking and acting flawlessly as ever.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Jan 1 2018, 08:39 PM
Post #4
c:

Ehhhh, to be completely honest, I found myself being really bored after a little while. Jessica Chastain was incredibly watchable in this, Idris Elba has some really impressive big shouty scenes and I did find the snappy Aaron Sorkin dialogue pretty engaging for a while but the 140 minute runtime really begins to show in the final act and I found myself thinking about what spread I was going to have on my toast when I got back home during the final act. A few of the poker references were completely lost on me too so maybe a bit more of an effort to explain those would have been nice too...

+Quote Post
lotita
post Jan 8 2018, 03:49 PM
Post #5
feminist icon (she/her)
Group: Site Empress
Member No.: 21,777
   No Gallery Pics

i really enjoyed this!!! i am really glad i know how to play poker lmao as otherwise i think i would've been lost but the overall story was so intriguing and i loved the mini flashbacks and stories. also +1 for girl power!!

+Quote Post
J❄️hq
post Jan 9 2018, 02:15 AM
Post #6
my anxiety attacks
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

This wasn't as bad as I was expecting from talking to Josh and considering the trailer didn't have me excited at all. Sure I'd have preferred it to stay as an "Eddie the Eagle" type movie like it started off as but Jessica Chastain really carries it, she's so perfect in a legal and talk-y role as evidenced by both this and "Miss Sloane" (that was a better movie so watch her get an Oscar nom for this heehee.gif).

All the poker references went over my head as I haven't got a clue about how you play, and it could've done with some trimming, but I wasn't bored out of my mind like I thought I would be. Plus it's worth the admission price for the cameo from STEVE!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:14 PM