BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> What do you want on the Rebel Heart Tour set list?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Liam.k.
post 14th July 2015, 01:00 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Over the past months, Madonna has seemingly been teasing the Rebel Heart Tour set list by mentioning lyrics in the descriptions of her Instagram photos.

With now under 2 months until the first show kicks off, what are your predictions/wishes for the set-list?

Don't forget to add reasons/comments as opposed to merely listing off song titles!
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 14th July 2015, 01:07 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Aside from the singles from Rebel Heart, I think 'Joan of Arc' and 'Wash All Over Me' are a must. The former would offer a really intimate performance between the crowd and Madonna which would be really touching to watch, whilst the former is a song that's just made to have a grand, theatrical performance, especially with a huge choir joining in the final choruses, which could probably lead into 'Like a Prayer'.

+Quote this post
Qween
post 14th July 2015, 01:33 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I'd love to see her tackle some of her 90's stuff, which is so often overlooked outside about 5 songs. I know she tweeted/IG'd something to do with Rescue Me a while back, but oh my GOD if she does that this time I will DIE OF HAPPINESS (even if her vocals will probably be what actually does me in).

I'd also like to see Hung Up done properly again and maybe some older album tracks or singles that have been forgotten. I know that's wishful thinking, but I have strong feeling this tour is going to lean on damage limitation a bit after the *ahem* issues with the last tour. That or she'll just tell everyone to f*** off.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 14th July 2015, 01:40 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

I'd love her an acoustic portion of the tour and for her to strip back and do some slower songs like Joan Of Arc, Intervention (never gonna happen but i can dream), Masterpiece and Wash All Over Me.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 14th July 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

QUOTE(J▼hnkm @ Jul 14 2015, 02:33 PM) *
I'd love to see her tackle some of her 90's stuff, which is so often overlooked outside about 5 songs. I know she tweeted/IG'd something to do with Rescue Me a while back, but oh my GOD if she does that this time I will DIE OF HAPPINESS (even if her vocals will probably be what actually does me in).

I'd also like to see Hung Up done properly again and maybe some older album tracks or singles that have been forgotten. I know that's wishful thinking, but I have strong feeling this tour is going to lean on damage limitation a bit after the *ahem* issues with the last tour. That or she'll just tell everyone to f*** off.

Oh absolutely with 'Hung Up'. The Confessions Tour performance was arguably the biggest highlight from said tour, certainly choreography-wise, but the rock version she did for S&S simply doesn't work and I don't know what was going on in the last tour. On the topic of rock versions, I think it works with 'Ray of Light' but the original is infinitely better.

I'm thinking/hoping that, with Madonna saying recently that one day she'd like to do a tour that was completely stripped back and involved just a guitar, she'll do a bit of a sitting-down-with-guitar section, which could incorporate some 90s songs: 'Secret' being the obvious one, plus I could see 'The Power of Goodbye', 'Nothing Really Matters', 'Take a Bow' etc. working beautifully as guitar-based performances. And a yes to 'Rescue Me', which I've been getting into a lot recently.

QUOTE(Regina @ Jul 14 2015, 02:40 PM) *
I'd love her an acoustic portion of the tour and for her to strip back and do some slower songs like Joan Of Arc, Intervention (never gonna happen but i can dream), Masterpiece and Wash All Over Me.

Yeah, definitely - as I said above, there's so many songs that could be transformed into acoustic guitar tracks. I agree with John that there may be some damage limitation but that could be turned into a really positive thing. The more I think about it, the more I think a big section of acoustic/stripped back performances is likely, because it would certainly reflect the Heart part of the album.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 19th July 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

To the delight of Regina, 'Holiday' will be on the tour:

(Billboard interview with Mike Dean):
What are you working on these days?
I'm working on Madonna's tour right now, helping her put her show together. It's cool: taking old songs and making the old stuff match the new stuff. I try to use all the same sounds I use on music now. Drums. Replace bass lines with 808s. Trap snares, hi-hats—all that shit. It's kind of cool. We're working on "Holiday" right now.

+Quote this post
Regina
post 19th July 2015, 02:37 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Raining Shitter
User: 5,572

+Quote this post
vibe
post 19th July 2015, 06:50 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

It's only being rehearsed !!!

But I so hope it is!!! The Introduction brings he house down !!

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 20th July 2015, 01:54 PM
Post #9
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

Yeah, definitely seems to be a crowd pleaser. Interested to hear what this 2015 version will sound like if they end up using it on tour.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 7th August 2015, 11:27 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

DrownedMadonna.com are saying that these three songs have also been confirmed: 'Dress You Up', 'Who's That Girl?' and 'Vogue'.

Hopefully 'Vogue' is done good again, wasn't all that keen on the MDNA Tour performance. Just lacked the magic that all other performances have captured.

'Who's That Girl?' has only been performed on the tour of the same name so will be nice to see it performed again, can see it being a joyous moment if done like before.

+Quote this post
vibe
post 8th August 2015, 10:34 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 11,763

Vogue wasn't good on the mdna tour ? Are u serious, it was incredible!!!

What an amazing four songs on the setlist vogue, dress you up, holiday, and WTG

I'm most excited about WTG

+Quote this post
Qween
post 8th August 2015, 03:25 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

The MDNA version of Vogue was definitely the least good she's done it for me. Especially after the highs of S&S, which I'd rank just below Blond Ambition in terms of tour perfs of Vogue.

+Quote this post
inactiveaccount
post 8th August 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 1,030

Erotica & Human Nature. Oh and entire Erotica album and Like It Or Not.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 9th September 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol

If this is true, then our pleading and hoping hasn't amounted to much! laugh.gif http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5184660

+Quote this post
Qween
post 9th September 2015, 07:23 PM
Post #15
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen

She NEVER listens to the fans. Ingress it's a lot harder to hear them now given most have abandoned ship.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:39 AM