BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Album release - The Christmas Present
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Sydney11
post Oct 17 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,135

Robbie Williams teases 'huge' news with racy announcement photo

Robbie Williams has teased he's set to make a "huge" reveal tomorrow but it’s the eye-popping way he’s chosen to make the announcement that’s attracted attention.

In a post to his social media profiles, Williams sent fans into a spin with a nearly-nude snap of himself apparently imposed in the middle of a classical painting.

Covering his modesty with just his hands, the father-of-three grins widely as the figures behind him look on in shock and horror as his robe appears to have pulled from him.

While it’s certainly an eye-catching image, it remains to be seen if gives any clue toward what his news is.

Many of Williams’ fans were taken with the post that left little to the imagination.

"Looking forward to seeing your huge revelation," one commented as another wrote: "Oh come on it can’t be that big!!!"

Robbie Williams

@robbiewilliams
· 6h

I’m revealing something huge tomorrow x

Thanks to @collagebygrey for the artwork

However, others were simply hoping that a tour or a Christmas album might be on the cards.

Williams and his wife Ayda Field revealed earlier in the year that they would not be returning to The X Factor judging panel in 2019 after making their debut together last year.

The pair cited their work schedules as the reason behind them not coming back.

https://news.yahoo.com/robbie-williams-news...-153025458.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Oct 17 2019, 09:07 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,265
   No Gallery Pics

It made me smile! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Better Man
post Oct 18 2019, 12:17 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 12,584
   No Gallery Pics

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 04:51 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Better Man @ Oct 18 2019, 01:17 AM) *

I love the album sleeve , really lovely .... should appeal to Xmas shoppers

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 04:53 AM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams gets festive with Tyson Fury for Christmas album
Sir Rod Stewart, Bryan Adams and Jamie Cullum also feature on the record.

The 28-track double album is Williams’ 13th, and was penned in London, Los Angeles and Stoke-on-Trent.

The album will be released by Colombia Records on November 22.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/mu...m-38606737.html

+Quote Post
jay727
post Oct 18 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #6
BuzzJack Gold Member
Member No.: 12,273

Any word on the track listing?

+Quote Post
Mateja
post Oct 18 2019, 02:22 PM
Post #7
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 15,071
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(jay727 @ Oct 18 2019, 04:05 PM) *
Any word on the track listing?

DISC 1: Christmas Past
1. Winter Wonderland
2. Merry Xmas Everybody (feat. Jamie Cullum)
3. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
4. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire)
5. Christmas Lullaby
6. Rudolph
7. Yeah! It’s Christmas
8. It’s A Wonderful Life (feat. Poppa Pete)
9. Let’s Not Go Shopping
10. Santa Baby(feat. Helene Fischer)
11. Best Christmas Ever
12. One Last Christmas
13. Coco’s Christmas Lullaby

DISC 2: Christmas Future
14. Time For Change
15. Idlewild
16. Darkest Night
17. Fairytales (feat. Rod Stewart)
18. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (feat. Bryan Adams)
19. Bad Sharon (feat. Tyson Fury)
20. Happy Birthday Jesus Christ
21. New Year’s Day
22. Snowflakes
23. Home
24. Soul Transmission
25. I Believe in Father Christmas *
26. Not Christmas *
27. Merry Kissmas *
28. It Takes Two (feat. Rod Stewart) *

*Deluxe CD Exclusive tracks

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/r...uk-show__27455/

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 06:25 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Mateja @ Oct 18 2019, 03:22 PM) *

Thanks Mateja

Coco’s Christmas Lullaby ... how sweet wub.gif

Nice song listing , looking forward to the newbies

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 06:30 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams announces first EVER Christmas album

The Christmas Present features a very surprising collaboration

Robbie Williams has the best Christmas gift for his fans – he is releasing his first ever Christmas album! The 45-year-old announced the news at an intimate gathering at iconic Soho music venue, The Court, on Thursday, and he has collaborated with some surprising artists on the album – including his dad, Pete, and boxer Tyson Fury.

Speaking to Scott Mills about how the track with Tyson – called Bad Sharon – came about, Robbie explained: "That makes sense in some sort of universe. So I got my residency in Vegas and while I was out there, Tyson was fighting and he invited me to his dressing room before the – is it called a dressing room when you fight? I dunno – and he invited me to that before the fight," he said. "I was in there and just in that moment I was like 'I've seen you sing after bouts' and I asked him and he said yes."

Robbie continued: "And the song itself, Bad Sharon, is basically a very boozy, office party somewhere in the Midlands and it made sense for Tyson, in that moment in my head, and to be fair he smashed it." Other artists Robbie has collaborated with on the album, called The Christmas Present, include Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams, who he said were "people that I know and people that I like".

Meanwhile, Robbie's wife Ayda has also had a special involvement in the project, as she stars in the video for the first single – Time for Change – which was filmed at their home. However, they chose not to feature their children Teddy, Charlie and Coco in the video. "It was great. Rolled out of bed, straight into makeup, and we shot a video all day yesterday and it was good," Robbie said. "Just to clarify the children are not ours in the video. The children are not ours in the video, but they insisted on calling me dad all day, it was so weird."

The album has been a "passion project" of Robbie's for the past three years, and will be released on 22 November by Columbia Records. And he has shared even more exciting news with fans, as he will be hosting The Robbie Williams Christmas Party at London's SSE Arena in December, with exclusive access to tickets given with album pre-orders purchased on his official website.

So, while The Christmas Present is Robbie's gift to fans, what would he love for Christmas? "A Christmas number one album," he confessed. "That's the big deal, that's the big hope and the reason that I've been involving myself with this passion project for the last three years."

Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2...hristmas-album/

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 09:12 PM
Post #10
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams announces his first Christmas album, with Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams duets

18. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" featuring Bryan Adams

I love Bryan Adams , looking forward to this duet heart.gif

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams announces his first Christmas album, with Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams duets

Robbie Williams will release his first Christmas album in 2019.

The 'Angels' singer will release a double album of festive covers and original Christmas songs in time for the festive period.

The album is called: The Christmas Present, and it will be released on November 22.

It will be a double album, with the first half called Christmas Past, featuring a host of classic festive covers and other new songs.

The second half will be titled Christmas Future, containing a bunch of brand new Christmas songs and a few more old favourites.

There will be collaborations between Robbie and fellow pop legends Rod Stewart and Bryan Adams.

Plus, Jamie Cullum appears, alongside a duet with... boxer Tyson Fury.

Disc 1: Christmas Past

1. “Winter Wonderland”
2. "Merry Xmas Everybody" featuring Jamie Cullum
3. "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!"
4. "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)"
5. "Coco’s Christmas Lullaby"
6. "Rudolph"
7. "Yeah! It’s Christmas"
8. "It’s a Wonderful Life" featuring Poppa Pete
9. "Let’s Not Go Shopping"
10. "Santa Baby" featuring Helene Fischer
11. "Best Christmas Ever"
12. "One Last Christmas"
13. "Coco’s Christmas Lullaby Reprise"

Disc 2: Christmas Future

14. “Time For Change”
15. "Idlewild"​
16. "Darkest Night"
17. "Fairytales" featuring Rod Stewart
18. "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" featuring Bryan Adams
19. "Bad Sharon" featuring Tyson Fury
20. "Happy Birthday Jesus Christ"
21. "New Year’s Day"
22. "Snowflakes"
23. "Home"
24. "Soul Transmission"

-Bonus tracks

25. “I Believe in Father Christmas”
26. "Not Christmas"
27. "Merry Kissmas​"
28. "It Takes Two featuring Rod Stewart

“I’m beyond excited to announce my first ever Christmas album,” Robbie said.

“I’ve done a lot in my career and releasing this record is another dream come true. Making this album has been so much fun and I can’t wait for you all to hear it.”

His previous studio album was 2016's Heavy Entertainment Show, and he has since released two Under the Radar rarities compilations.

Last year, he joined the judging panel of The X Factor alongside wife Ayda Field, but they will not be returning in 2019.

Meanwhile, Robbie will also sing the theme song for Channel 4's Christmas TV adaptation of the children's book The Tiger Came To Tea. The track will be titled 'Hey Tiger!'. music.gif

https://www.smoothradio.com/artists/robbie-...date-tracklist/

+Quote Post
Sydney11
post Oct 18 2019, 09:25 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Robbie Williams wants to take Christmas back from Michael Bublé – and I am here for it

image: https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/s...ams-920x584.jpg

He was going to call his newly announced Christmas album 'Achtung Bublé'

So this is Christmas.

Well, no, it’s October – but proper pop star Robbie Williams has started the season in earnest already, having announced the release of his upcoming festival album, ‘The Christmas Present’, along with the news that he’s hosting a massive ‘Christmas Party’ at London’s SEE Arena on December 16.

The album’s (slightly weird) artwork depicts Robbie as a sort of Dickensian character brandishing a copy of his own album. Robbie’s never been shy about his egotism, and it’s easy to imagine him wrapping up a copy of his own record to under slip under the Christmas tree. I just wanna feeeeeel the package to see if I can guess what it is.

He made the announcement at a swish club in central London last night, which was like a cross between a Christmas market and an episode of The Only Way Is Essex.The mulled wine flowed, waiters paraded around with silver trays of teeny, tiny mince pies and a selection of the seasonal tracks – there are 28 of buggers – blared from the speakers. And then Robbie arrived to dish out quotes like twinkling stocking fillers.

“You’re always looking for a reason to go into the studio,” he told interviewer Scott Mills during a short Q&A. “And I thought: ‘Why don’t I own birthdays like Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder? Or New Year’s Day like… U2?” He then thought twice about Bono’s ode to Polish trade union battles in the 1980s. “Well, it’s a bit depressing, that one, isn’t it? You wouldn’t put that one on for a shindig.”

Mills countered that festive crooner Michael Bublé, who seems to have had the monopoly on Christmas since Santa was just a lad, shouldn’t get all the work. “This album was gonna be called ‘Achtung Buble’, Robbie replied. I f***ing love Michael, But it must stop. It must end now.”

Imagine: 28 tracks of pure festive Robbie. I don’t wanna rock, DJ, but you’re making me feel so Christmas spice. Some are covers of festival favourites, others are brand new compositions. There’s one called ‘Snowflakes’, a newbie on which Robbie winks, “We’re all just liberal snowflakes”. He also ropes in Jamie Cullum to have a go on Slade’s ‘Merry Xmas’, and it’s not even a lump of coal.

Rod Stewart’s on the album. So’s Bryan Adams. The boozy knees-up ‘Bad Sharon’, another new one , features guest vocals from boxer Tyson Fury.

Wait –­ what?

“That makes sense in some sort of universe,” Robbie insisted. “I got my residency in Vegas [in 2017 and last year] and while I was out there, I went to his dressing room. Do you call it a dressing room when it’s a fight? Anyway, I was like, ‘Oh, I’ve seen you sing after bouts’. So I asked him and he said yes. The song itself, ‘Bad Sharon’, is a very boozy office party somewhere in the Midlands. To be fair, Tyson smashed it.”

It’s amazing that Robbie’s never done a Christmas album before. He’s done enough bloody swing albums – it’s kind of the next logical conclusion. There’s been something of a Robbie renaissance in recent years, from his blockbuster Hyde Park show over the summer – which NME saw a smash-hit try-out for what would surely be a legendary Glastonbury slot – to the fact that ‘Rock DJ’ became an unofficial anthem for the #Cans4Corbyn movement, back when everyone thought Jeremy Corbyn was good.

Read more: Listen up, Glastonbury – Robbie Williams’ BST Hyde Park show is the ultimate come and get me plea
So it’s brilliant to see him preparing to become a Christmas staple, transition from boyband bad boy to uncle Robbie complete. What an end to the decade.

Still, he really should have called the album ‘Achtung Bublé’.

‘The Christmas Present’ is released on November 22. He plays London’s SSE Arenas on December 16

Read more at https://www.nme.com/blogs/robbie-williams-t...p7UAxeqqY1Se.99

+Quote Post
Laura130262
post Oct 18 2019, 09:41 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Member No.: 10,265
   No Gallery Pics

Achtung Buble laugh.gif

Like the sound of the Bryan Adam's song and want to hear him cover Slade. cool.gif

But mostly want to hear all the new songs.

Love the cover and the whole "A Christmas Carol" concept. Very clever .

I wish him well with it. 💖

+Quote Post
Better Man
post Oct 18 2019, 10:05 PM
Post #14
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

At the moment I like everything about this announcement!

The artwork is perfect: it's a classic one but with Rob's sense of humor and ego, for sure.
2CD is just fantastic present for fans who want to hear the original songs.
Bryan Adams duet...amazing news!

Def, his promo will be huge and it's gonna be a very complicated but a great battle against Coldplay, The Who, Rod Steward, Leoanrd Cohen - all of them are releasing on same day as Robbie. Plus Adele is somewhere near.
It's a hard work but he has a chance. He is Robbie Williams.

Maybe only the album's title could be more original - Achtung Buble sounds perfect smile.gif

+Quote Post
Better Man
post Oct 18 2019, 10:06 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

btw, the first single is TIME FOR CHANGE

+Quote Post
Better Man
post Oct 18 2019, 11:44 PM
Post #16
BuzzJack Enthusiast
   No Gallery Pics

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/mus...g_b_bs_690906_1
Best Sellers in Classic British Rock biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Oct 19 2019, 12:03 AM
Post #17
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

There's pretty much no chance of getting a #1 album with Coldplay releasing (though that's not 100% yet), but top 3 would be a great result.

+Quote Post
elisabeth1974
post Oct 19 2019, 07:13 AM
Post #18
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 25,575
   No Gallery Pics

Why do you think that there is no chance to battle Coldplay to the no 1 spot, maybe not the same week, but on the way to Christmas?
The only one who I feel sure Rob will not be able to beat is Adele. She will smash everything.
But I think that Rob has done this album also for the Christmas top ten of the next 10 years without doing anything and this will sure happen if it is any good.

+Quote Post
WhoOdyssey
post Oct 19 2019, 07:30 AM
Post #19
A dead mouse (from my cat)
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 67,771

Well it won't on the first week at least, Coldplay's last album sold 235k in week 1 - and Robbie will likely be front loaded.

+Quote Post
Lundi
post Oct 19 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Climber
Member No.: 81,936
   No Gallery Pics

Coldplay is big in America and Robbie not. America is a great market that he misses out so I agree that he won't be able to beat Coldplay

+Quote Post

29 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 AM