BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Track Of The Week • Broken-Hearted Girl
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
SGrey
post Aug 17 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Platinum Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,182

Hello Beyoncé forum,

Each week the moderators will be going through Beyoncé's discography song by song and picking a track to discuss with you! We welcome everyone else to comment their opinions on any songs mentioned in the thread and help share the love for some underrated gems!

This post has been edited by Infludexton*: May 5 2020, 03:32 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 17 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Starting with.... Pray You Catch Me

The album open for the Lemonade album, it's a lovely track and sets up the album pretty well with the lyrics "You can taste the dishonesty", which is later explored throughout the album. I do feel there is better than this on the rest of the album (which will be discussed in later weeks) but it's pleasant to the ear.

Where does "Pray You Catch Me" sit in your rankings?

This post has been edited by Saenerys: Aug 17 2017, 10:04 AM

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 17 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #3
The Lady Said Go Home!
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 20,835

Pray You Catch Me is a lovely little song and a good opener wub.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 18 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #4
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Ahhhh, I love Pray You Catch Me ! It is definitely a perfect album opener but definitely sounds more 'album track' than some of the other singles on the album so I wouldn't place it right at the top of my Lemonade rankings. Don't Hurt Yourself is still the best thing on Lemonade for me, I remember spamming that in early summer time last year wub.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Aug 29 2017, 01:14 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Platinum Member

Up next with.... Hold Up

JEALOUS OR CRAZY, JEALOUS OR CRAZY???? Up next we have one of my favourite tracks from Lemonade, the fabulous Hold Up! Starting with the video, there are some fabulous scenes in video such as Bey walking out through water, walking down the street with her baseball bat and of course, Bey herself looking stunning! The song definitely stands out on the album and there are some great lyrics too #GETMASWAGON.

What does everyone else think of Hold Up?

This post has been edited by Saenerys: Aug 29 2017, 01:15 PM

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Aug 29 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #6
The Lady Said Go Home!

Not a massive fan of Hold Up I mean I like it but I don't love it

+Quote Post
Cody Scobell
post Aug 29 2017, 04:13 PM
Post #7
Cause if looks could kill, we wouldn’t want to be Dan Humphrey
Member No.: 21,308
   No Gallery Pics

In terms of cinematography, I think Hold Up is up there in the top 3 videos of hers. Literally that first minute was an aesthetic goldmine and her opening the doors was such a moment.

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 5 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #8
The Lady Said Go Home!

Up next with.... Don't Hurt Yourself feat. Jack White

I Say: Time for me to have a go at Track Of The Week and I have handpicked my favourite album track from Lemonade. I love the dynamic of Beyonce and Jack White as both sounds incredible. Beyonce's powerful voice in the chorus has never sounded so good and angry. It also has one of my favourite set of lyrics from Lemonade 'Uh, this is your final warning, You know I give you life, If you try this shit again, You gonna lose your wife'. Which again like a lot of tracks on the album is meant to be about Jay-Z's alleged affair with 'Becky With The Good Hair' ohmy.gif .

Josh Says: "This has always been my favourite track on Lemonade ever since the first time I heard it. I wasn't sure how a Jack White collaboration would sound when I first saw the tracklisting but it works so well with the angry lyrics and harsher production than we're used to from Beyoncé singles. It's one of the most different tracks she's ever done but it always excites me when I hear it and it's very hard to resist lip syncing/shouting to it when you're home alone heehee.gif It's hard not to "Love God Herself" when you hear how good she sounds on a song so different from her usual comfort zone. heart.gif"

Sean Says: “I love this track! The feature and rockier edge makes it one of my album favourites, especially with the angrier side to Bey which we don't get to see all the time. The closing seconds of the track are my favourite lyrics as it sums up the track perfectly”

What does everyone else think of Don't Hurt Yourself?

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 5 2017, 06:25 PM
Post #9
c:

Ooooh, yay at us sharing the opinion that Don't Hurt Yourself is the best on Lemonade. I just love how fierce and aggressive it is laugh.gif I wish I went back to it more often but I consume most of my music on Spotify nowadays and she's still trying to make Tidal happen drama.gif

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 5 2017, 06:27 PM
Post #10
The Lady Said Go Home!

QUOTE(Josh! @ Sep 5 2017, 07:25 PM) *
Ooooh, yay at us sharing the opinion that Don't Hurt Yourself is the best on Lemonade. I just love how fierce and aggressive it is laugh.gif I wish I went back to it more often but I consume most of my music on Spotify nowadays and she's still trying to make Tidal happen drama.gif

Tell me about it!! drama.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 5 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #11
BuzzJack Platinum Member

ICONIC.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Sep 6 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #12
I feel so seen in the night
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

EXCELLENT choice for track of the week as it's also my favourite song on 'Lemonade' wub.gif I really wasn't expecting something of that ilk on the album so it was a wonderful surprise. Such a passionate and gripping song.

+Quote Post
Liаm
post Sep 6 2017, 02:52 AM
Post #13
Brown cow, stunning!
Member No.: 10,139

Formation is my fave but I think DHY is second, what a song <3 She really goes for it, and it feels like such a standout among the album when it just blows up right after Pray You Catch Me and Hold Up which are musically much more subdued. I remember when I first heard Lemonade, that song definitely set the scene for the savagery to come (not that Hold Up wasn't already a warning to Jay kink.gif) and what the rest of the album as a journey was going to be like.

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 10 2017, 09:02 AM
Post #14
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Jade @ Sep 6 2017, 03:02 AM) *
EXCELLENT choice for track of the week as it's also my favourite song on 'Lemonade' wub.gif I really wasn't expecting something of that ilk on the album so it was a wonderful surprise. Such a passionate and gripping song.

It just grabs your attention straight away. I'm so glad it's your favourite on Lemonade, it's definitely a moment wub.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 12 2017, 10:49 PM
Post #15
c:

I Say: "I do kind of agree with the others that the guest rap is a bit of a misfire and I usually listen to the non-rap version of this when I want to listen to it but the song itself is one of my absolute favourites from Bey. It's one of her most underrated in my opinion but the chorus is JUST SO CATCHY. I didn't discover it until around the time of the 4 era but I remember spamming it way more than I was listening to her actual most recent album and I still go back to it quite often compared to other tracks in her discography. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who loves this ?! sad.gif"

Harry Says: "I am going to hold my hand up and say this isn't a Bey faves. I mean her parts are quite good and boppy. However, I am not a fan of the feature really. I think it could have worked without it and instead had some killer middle 8 before final chorus. The video for Check On It is pretty forgettable too I do not remember it well as I once thought. Oops"

Sean Says: “Beyoncé's parts on this track are tolerable. The feature however, I find really jarring to listen to. Compared to the rest of the songs on #1's, it's pretty forgettable for me and is easily overshadowed. Given she was in her mid to late 20s when the video was released, I can't get over how young Bey looks ohmy.gif & those massive hoop earrings are so 1990s to early 2000 it's a perfect style to take.”

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 13 2017, 10:44 AM
Post #16
The Lady Said Go Home!

I made my feelings on check on it clear its okay but I wouldn't go out of my way to hear it opps laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SGrey
post Sep 21 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #17
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I Say: BRING DA BEAT IN! 2011's 4 is one of my favourites of Beyoncé's albums, probably after Lemonade, but this is easily the standout for me, especially in terms of singles. I think it's really different to anything she had offered up until it's release and I love the intro of "BRING DA BEAT IN" - it's such a good one to drive along to in the car and time the intro perfectly to! wub.gif It still surprises how much this is viewed on Youtube over some of it's fellow album tracks, even if the video is really basic in comparison to the others. Beyoncé herself has said the track was inspired by Etta James and wanted a much rawer sound for the track. For me, I really do love the track and is an absolute moment when you hear it on a night out wub.gif

Josh Says: Love On Top was a track that I never properly appreciated at the time (I wasn't huge on the 4 era really even though I do go back to it from time to time still) but has continued to grow on me over the years and is now one of my favourite Beyoncé tracks. The key changes are life-changing and the song builds really well. It's a perfect party tune too and hopefully will go down as one of her most fondly remembered tracks wub.gif

Harry Says: "Bring The Beat In! One of her best openings to a song well since Crazy In Love really. I love the feel of the song throughout. I would say this was a massive single favourite on 4 along with BTINH and Countdown. The only thing I struggle with it is trying to sing it as it is very hard to sing it. Also, the video is one of her best, I stand by this".

+Quote Post
HarryBorelli
post Sep 21 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #18
The Lady Said Go Home!

The vocals do slay on this even tho it is very hard to sing along to.

+Quote Post
Theonix
post Sep 21 2017, 11:14 AM
Post #19
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Member No.: 8,661

THE KEY CHANGES *.* This is definitely amongst my favourite 4 tracks, as mentioned in the live performances thread, the VMA baby reveal is iconic (yes I said it, Liam K!) and I think generally it's her most well-remembered song from that era, alongside "Run the World (Girls)".

I never liked the video though lmao.

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Sep 21 2017, 11:29 AM
Post #20
c:

QUOTE(HarryEzra @ Sep 21 2017, 12:00 PM) *
it is very hard to sing along to.

Doesn't stop me trying though even if I can't reach ANY of those notes that she does in the last half laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:55 AM