BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Artist News
20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Cheryl • General Discussion
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
JosephBoone
post Jun 22 2014, 12:58 PM
Post #21
Group icon
you never forget your first time...
Pronouns: he/him
User: 13,530
Calum that's not really helping - it's your opinion that her vocals were like that, not a fact.

At the end of the day, it was quite hard to tell if she was miming I thought, I was trying to work it out throughout but there were no obvious giveaways. She *could* have been miming, but she also could not have been. Regardless, she *can* sing live and she only typically mimes because of the dance routines, and no-one can deny how great a performer she is.

Anyway, this tweet: https://twitter.com/TerryFBH/status/4801099...1671552/photo/1 laugh.gif

"Does Cheryl Cole have three legs? #BBC1"

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Klaus
post Jun 22 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #22
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160
Please can someone explain that three leg photo because that's creepy laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post Jun 22 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #23
Group icon
There's a frisbee in my brunch
User: 19,860
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 22 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Regardless, she *can* sing live and she only typically mimes because of the dance routines, and no-one can deny how great a performer she is.

huh.gif Yes they can. Now you're stating your opinion as fact tongue.gif.

Cheryl fans (not necessarily you) often seem to think that she's top of her game with regard to dancing/performing. It's definitely her strength but she's no phenomenon and people can be underwhelmed by things other than her voice.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 22 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #24
Group icon
QUOTE(Rabbit Heart @ Jun 22 2014, 02:20 PM) *
Please can someone explain that three leg photo because that's creepy laugh.gif

Just a trick of the light I think but I genuinely do not know how it could happen laugh.gif

QUOTE(Noahspike @ Jun 22 2014, 02:23 PM) *
huh.gif Yes they can. Now you're stating your opinion as fact tongue.gif.

Cheryl fans (not necessarily you) often seem to think that she's top of her game with regard to dancing/performing. It's definitely her strength but she's no phenomenon and people can be underwhelmed by things other than her voice.

There is a difference between what I said and what Calum said. tongue.gif I don't think anyone here is claiming she's the best dancer ever, but she's very good at it still and ALWAYS puts on a great show.

+Quote this post
Calum
post Jun 22 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #25
Group icon
nabad
User: 18,316
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 22 2014, 02:32 PM) *
There is a difference between what I said and what Calum said. tongue.gif

I don't think what I said really matters? It was my opinion that her vocals were atrocious - she's just a very awful live singer (better say that's my opinion in case there's not enough clarity)... You said nobody could deny that she is a great performer when people can object if they so wish. laugh.gif

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 22 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #26
Group icon
QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Jun 22 2014, 02:36 PM) *
I don't think what I said really matters? It was my opinion that her vocals were atrocious - she's just a very awful live singer (better say that's my opinion in case there's not enough clarity)... You said nobody could deny that she is a great performer when people can object if they so wish. laugh.gif

Which is basically what Noah said. laugh.gif I think you're overexaggerating - she's not a bad live singer, as proved by the countless Girls Aloud performances where she sang live. She got INTO the band in the first place based on her live performances on Popstars: The Rivals. And nowadays, she rarely even sings live, so your point is a bit silly. And she is a great performer, what's actually bad about her performance skills? She dances well, she interacts well, the whole show is there.

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post Jun 22 2014, 01:42 PM
Post #27
Group icon
QUOTE(JosephStyles @ Jun 22 2014, 02:32 PM) *
There is a difference between what I said and what Calum said. tongue.gif I don't think anyone here is claiming she's the best dancer ever, but she's very good at it still and ALWAYS puts on a great show.

I don't think there was ever a problem with what Calum said. People shouldn't have to clarify that what they're saying is their opinion, as he just said. I just think it was hypocritical of you to then come in as some voice of reason, claiming nobody can deny how great a performer she is.

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 22 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #28
Group icon
QUOTE(Noahspike @ Jun 22 2014, 02:42 PM) *
I don't think there was ever a problem with what Calum said. People shouldn't have to clarify that what they're saying is their opinion, as he just said. I just think it was hypocritical of you to then come in as some voice of reason, claiming nobody can deny how great a performer she is.

I think you're exaggerating this just a tad. I think there was a reasonable debate going on in here before Calum claimed she was "incredibly shit, dull and flat", hyperbole much? Plus what I said was an educated assumption, I don't think I've ever seen someone slagging off her performance skills?

I suggest we put an end to this...

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 22 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #29
Group icon
That's ENOUGH - Calum if you make ONE more post on this topic, I'll be getting a global mod involved. I've deleted your posts because they were attacks on myself (note: I would do the same if it attacked anyone else), and they were therefore not at all related to the topic. Please move on from here.

+Quote this post
Iz 🌟
post Jun 22 2014, 02:28 PM
Post #30
Group icon
I'm a paragon so don't perceive me
User: 12,929
I'm not entirely sure what's happening here but remember people have opinions; both Calum and Joseph. It's just a little internet discussion so no need to stoop to anything personal. Hopefully that's the last on that matter.

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Jun 22 2014, 03:03 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
QUOTE(Calum Hood @ Jun 22 2014, 12:45 PM) *
Just because her vocals sounded incredibly shit, dull and flat it doesn't mean she wasn't miming lol.

Typical.
Now she was miming to atrocious vocals. laugh.gif Do people realize how bold such a statement is? Like if her management team - that is so precise and concerned about every little detail of her appearances - would make her pre-record a track and wouldn't even make her sound decent . Yes, sure…
At the end of the day, if her pre-recorded vocals were so shit, she wouldn't need to pre-record it then and could perform it straight away instead.

Anyway, haters gonna hate and it's been that way for about 5 years. Seems like it's some people's favorite hobby. FUN!

This post has been edited by Hayzayy: Jun 22 2014, 03:03 PM

+Quote this post
Hayzayy
post Jun 22 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Who's Daniel btw ?
User: 1,804
QUOTE(*Tim @ Jun 22 2014, 12:38 PM) *
I'm not hating on Cheryl but do you remember that embarassing Call My Name performance?

You must be referring to the Stand Up To Cancer performance, which everyone agrees that she was miming to during the first half of the song but they played the wrong version of the song and the vocals were missing, that's why you could only hear her whispering now and then (what artists to when they mime).
Then she realizes what's happening and you can see her getting her earplug off and after that she slows down the choreography to sing live, and she's pretty good at it. All this was confirmed by an engineer working on the production of the show.

So the performance proves :
- she was supposed to mime the song
- when she starts singing, she does a great jop.

+Quote this post
-Jay-
post Jun 22 2014, 03:14 PM
Post #33
Group icon
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
User: 3,217
Re: Third leg, her skirt is causing a shadow across her right thigh!

+Quote this post
Cameron
post Jun 22 2014, 03:37 PM
Post #34
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061
I think big events like that need to be live because people have payed money to go there. She can sing live, I just think people instantly think she is miming if the performance sounds decent

+Quote this post
Lukuzz
post Jun 22 2014, 07:06 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Paradise With Ice Cream Skies♥
User: 1,209
It sounds mimed to me tbh, I'm not an expert at detecting who is and isn't miming though, although if she is singing live she clearly has some kind of autotuned microphone thing on cause it just doesn't sound human to me laugh.gif Although saying all this, Call My Name sounds considerably more live than Fight For This Love..

This post has been edited by Lukuzz: Jun 22 2014, 07:09 PM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 23 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Cheryl's reaction to us accusing her of miming:

kink.gif

+Quote this post
panther25
post Jun 23 2014, 08:56 PM
Post #37
Group icon
New Entry
User: 18,153
QUOTE(-Jay- @ Jun 22 2014, 03:14 PM) *
Re: Third leg, her skirt is causing a shadow across her right thigh!

It took me a while of staring at this to work it out! Her skirt is slit and the corner of it (the triangle) is covering the top of her thigh.

+Quote this post
Noahspike
post Jun 23 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #38
Group icon
I can't believe this honourable thread has descended into BLATANT upskirt examinations drama.gif.

I miss the days of the miming accusations sad.gif. Hopefully she'll perform on a TV show (or anywhere) soon kink.gif.

This post has been edited by Noahspike: Jun 24 2014, 12:05 AM

+Quote this post
JosephBoone
post Jun 23 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Be careful what you wish for laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Nina West
post Jun 27 2014, 07:19 PM
Post #40
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846
Cheryl Cole In Music Videos Through The Girls Aloud Years pt 1 2002-2007

Sound Of The Underground

No Good Advice

Life Got Cold

Jump (For My Love)

The Show

Love Machine

I'll Stand By You

Wake Me Up

Long Hot Summer

Biology

See The Day

Whole Lotta History

Something Kinda Oooh

I Think We're Alone Now

Walk This Way

+Quote this post

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:24 AM