BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> And So It Goes, Michael Douglas & Diane Keaton
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Insomnio
post 10th October 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 10,742

"And So It Goes" is a family comedy with two great actors who are always precious in cinema. Michael Douglas and Diane Keaton collaborated for the first time after a long cinema career. I hadn't watched the official trailer, but a good offer at a nearby neighborhood cinema and the fact that two charismatic actors starred, were two good reasons for watching it. However, it was not something special but had a pleasant time.
"And So It Goes" is based on the well-known formula that “Hollywood” uses when it wants to create pleasant and sweet stories. It can all be wrong and the main characters have serious problems in their lives, but everything always gets better in the end and they live happily ever after. However, not like many of us. Of course, I do not blame the way they perceive life as it is always better when we look into the future with optimism than believing that everything will go wrong. Although, for some, everything is tragedy. The question is why are there these kinds of movies and the answer has two main answers. To entertain the audience who prefers these films and the profit of producers. They usually put little money in comedies and they earn much more at the end of the day. Although this rule is not necessarily because there were some movies that had very disappointing total earnings in the past. However, Americans always take risks when they do big-business so I think that it's not a big deal for them. In this particual case, they managed to create a pleasant movie, with nice performances from the actors and it was quite funny in some parts. The directing didn't have something unique although Rob Reiner is very experienced and already has several films to his credit. I can not believe that the creator of unsurpassed "Stand By Me" and "Misery" is the one who directed the insipid "The Story of Us", the silly "Alex & Emma" and the disappointing "Rumour Has It .. ". His movies are so hit or miss! As to "And So It Goes" is somewhere in the middle because it was lighthearted but it was entertaining too.
The producers and the director managed to create a joyful atmosphere for the viewers but it didn't happen the same with the money received from it. It had a low opening weekend at the Box Office receipts and achieved to collect only half the money of the budget ($ 30.000.000). Outside the U.S.A, it didn't have better total earnings and this was quite disappointing for the producers. It seems, as well, that neither are the viewers very impressed with the movie and it received a very moderate average score on IMDb (5.5). I'm not sure if my friends and I will remember this movie for a long time but at least we laughed and had fun watching it. It's a suitable comedy film for the cold winter nights which are coming.

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 07:53 PM