BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Dance Vocalists, A Reference Guide
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post Dec 26 2020, 03:23 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

Hello everyone, I just wanted to make this reference thread before the end of the year, and also to thank everyone who contributed toward the 54 unique artists that made up this series of threads in the Dance forum in 2020, I enjoyed very much contributing and reviewing each artist’s collaborative dance projects and rediscovering many lost or forgotten gems! For your enjoyment, here are the dance vocalists that were reviewed in 2020;

Many of these artists have had more recent dance features since the polls were run (RAYE, Becky Hill and Karen Harding for example). I’m not sure which ones stood out to you the most, but it was great to see such positive feedback, and I’d like to thank Dance forum moderators danG and lewistgreen for allowing me to do this during the year!

There were many other artists that I would have liked to have reviewed, or had planned to but never got round to, but if anyone wants me to I am happy to create future threads for the following artists if there are at least 5 or more contributions to dance music so far;

Bruno Mars, Charlie Puth, Chris Martin, Dua Lipa, Halsey, Hayley May, James Arthur, Jessie J, John Legend, John Martin, Katy Perry, Kelli-Leigh, Kelly Rowland, Luciana, Mabel, Meghan Trainir, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Taio Cruz, Troye Sivan, Usher, Wiley.

So there might be other threads in this series to come in the future, but for now this is a message of thanks to all your participation and for helping me to nab the award for Dance Forum Fan of 2020! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
TheSnake
post Dec 27 2020, 06:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Say that hiss with your chest, and...
User: 23,308
Yeah it was a great series.

Thought Rihanna would have had enough dance collabs for a dance vocalists thread but I suppose a few of her songs were produced/co-produced by dance artists (particularly Calvin Harris) without them being credited.

I reckon Kelli-Leigh, Mabel, Dua Lipa, James Arthur and maybe Chris Martin will have more dance collaborations and John Legend and Tiesto might collaborate again on a song.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:02 PM