BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> The Lego Ninjago Movie, September 2017 | Dave Franco
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 8th February 2017, 04:20 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

I'm beginning to think every movie should be Lego. Looks like they've done it again.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 8th February 2017, 05:15 PM
Post #2
Group icon
c:
User: 20,692

The humour is so on-point in these movies, I loved the spelling of Lloyd joke and the butt-dial joke and the facial expressions just get me everytime laugh.gif I don't know much about the Ninjago franchise but I loved the short before Storks too so I'm excited for this anyway biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th July 2017, 09:23 PM
Post #3
Group icon
c:

The humour is always SO on point with these movies - even though I know nothing about Ninjago, I'm so hyped for this movie just based on the jokes alone!

On a side note, the new Ninjago part of Legoland is so cool - I went the other day and some of the creations are amazing, especially the ones with fire and water which looked fantastic made of just Lego *-*

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th July 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Excited for this. I've loved both big Lego Movie films! Excited to see if this can bring something new.

+Quote this post
Klumzee
post 20th July 2017, 09:37 PM
Post #5
Group icon
#TeamAnneMarie
User: 11,421

#promo cool.gif

Also Josh when did you go to Legoland?? I don't know if you know but I work there - could've had a BJ meetup without realising it!

Naturally I'm very excited for this movie laugh.gif I had no idea before working at Lego but the Ninjago brand is absolutely huge with kids at the moment - they have already have a 3 season TV show on Netflix as well as a huge set of merchandise related to the brand and all the characters involved.

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 20th July 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #6
Group icon
c:

QUOTE(Klumzee @ Jul 20 2017, 10:37 PM) *
#promo cool.gif

Also Josh when did you go to Legoland?? I don't know if you know but I work there - could've had a BJ meetup without realising it!

Naturally I'm very excited for this movie laugh.gif I had no idea before working at Lego but the Ninjago brand is absolutely huge with kids at the moment - they have already have a 3 season TV show on Netflix as well as a huge set of merchandise related to the brand and all the characters involved.

Ahhhh, I didn't know that! That must be one of the coolest places to work *-* We went last Thursday 13th July biggrin.gif That Submarine ride thing was the best bit, was well good to see all the fish laugh.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 22nd July 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #7
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

As much as I hated the live action usage in 'The Lego Movie', !!! at the part in this new trailer laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 22nd July 2017, 08:09 PM
Post #8
Group icon
c:

(idk if Jahq meant to post a link to this or not ? heehee.gif)

Another great trailer! I loved when we got to see the backstory about the mum & dad and the '7. arm ripped off' line laugh.gif

Amazing use of Bad Blood too!!! *-*

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 22nd July 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #9
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

kink.gif Oops I viewed it on YouTube and just assumed it was the same video as what you posted on Thursday

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 7th October 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #10
Group icon
c:

I am in LOVE with the humour of these films, the big gags always land (for example, the cat being the main villain is just so much fun) and so many of the smaller gags make me chuckle (the four-armed Garmadon jokes, Fuchsia ninja, "Earth Green & Fire" to name a few examples laugh.gif). If I had to compare it to the previous Lego movies, I think the familiarity of characters like Batman, The Joker, Voldemort etc. and the in-jokes and references that can be made with those characters makes them slightly more enjoyable and funny for me but I had such a great time watching this which is impressive considering I don't really have any idea what Ninjago is or any of the characters in it. Excited to see what the next Lego movie will be like and if they continue to adapt existing properties (I'd KILL for a Lego Harry Potter film (which is surely possible considering Warner Brothers own the rights to both franchises!!!!)) but I am a bit worried about the diminishing returns at the box office so far.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 9th October 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #11
Group icon
my anxiety attacks

QUOTE(Josh! @ Oct 7 2017, 09:29 PM) *
but I am a bit worried about the diminishing returns at the box office so far.

Sadly the quality seems to be gradually diminishing with each movie too. I enjoyed this but I do feel like the trailer had already shown the best gags and tbh I preferred the Emoji movie overall tongue.gif

It also peaked right at the start as Kate Garraway and Ben Shephard were the clear MVPs !!!! (along with the cat ofc, seeing it fly through the air laugh.gif)

I didn't mind the live action with Jackie Chan and the kid since they were open with it at the start, if only the first movie had played it that way..

+Quote this post
Josh!
post 9th October 2017, 07:40 PM
Post #12
Group icon
c:

Oh yes, I laughed out loud when your spoiler tags were first revealed Jack! It would have been even better if it were Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield though laugh.gif heart.gif

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 23rd April 2024, 10:20 PM