BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Single 5?, They didn't listen to us last time, but Hair is working out!
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Single 5?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total votes: 44
Guests cannot vote 
JulianNial
post 5th May 2016, 01:24 AM
Post #1
Group icon
Julian Nial
User: 18,454

As the qween of single asking... here I go again. So first we wanted Secret Love Song and they served it to us hunty (even without the LGBT video they promised), then we voted for the incredible Weird People but they told us where to go and released Hair which is doing amazing! And let's face it, it will probably be some time until album 4, because it's going to take time to top the masterpiece which was (and still very much IS) Get Weird. So let's go all Katy Perry/Taylor Swift on this (shhhh) and see how extending this era goes? Personally I will not rest properly until A.D.I.D.A.S. is given a release and if it isn't then some mo'fu(shhhhh) sexy prince will have to wake me up from my fu(shhhhh) off state of mind sleep, even if we were kind of hoping for a (DRAKE?) feature on that one, it stands strong alone. And let's not forget DNAs sister Lightning still exists! They cannot give us a "To be continued" video and not continue it, because quite frankly that is not fair. Grown could still be massive worldwide as well. Love Me Or Leave Me is also a personally favourite and gives us all chills, but too many ballads on album is... well... weird. OMG was also a standout from the beginning. So how are we all?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jimmy Jam
post 5th May 2016, 01:53 AM
Post #2
Group icon
tempted by kings with the finest of things
User: 21,231

Gave a vote to Weird People, ADIDAS, and Love Me Or Leave Me. Only 3 I think that are worthy of a single release left, for me. Should they go for a 5th single, I do think Weird People would round off the era well, being the sort of title track, and embodying everything the album was about. I could see it boosting the album sales the most of the ones left, but single wise, a minor top 20 hit at best (still great for a 5th single). ADIDAS imo is the only one that could be aided by yet another feature, and kind of leads me away from it at this point. But I ADORE the track, and would love a video, and single release, and I could see it doing pretty well in the singles chart, maybe a top 15, just. Maybe a bit like this era's How Ya Doin' which has aged very well, and is very underrated, imo. Love Me or Leave Me would be a gamble, going for another ballad, but seeing the success of SLS, I think it could work, it would also be a great ending to the era, and could boost album sales to a decent effect. I also think with the right promo, could really strike a chord with the public, as it's such a powerful emotive song, that has been my favourite from the album since I heard it for the first time. If I were to pick one I would go for LMOLM, personally, as I think it could be such a big moment, and I could maybe even see it going top 10. But if we do get single 5, I would also be happy with WP, and ADIDAS wub.gif

+Quote this post
Liаm
post 5th May 2016, 02:09 AM
Post #3
Group icon
Brown cow, stunning!
User: 10,139

Love Me Or Love Me is by FAR the best song left but I don't think they should go with another ballad, but if anything I'd say Weird People. But I'd just love a video, performances and promo for LMOLM <3

+Quote this post
Hurricane
post 5th May 2016, 04:19 AM
Post #4
Group icon
get me started, hot like fire
User: 17,262

I mean, I was suspicious about a 4th single, let alone a 5th, but seriously, 'Hair' is doing so well right now, they could fart into a song for 3 minutes and it would still probably sell, they would be kind of dumb not to jump into the occasion of releasing another single that could go on and sell like 200k (or more!) again. I mean, that's almost free money for them at this point.

I still voted for 'the lead single of the 4th album' because if this was any other act, that would be reasonable...But since, as I said, they are doing so well, why not another song? Voted for a few favorites of mine ('Lightning', 'OMG', the ballads, etc.)

+Quote this post
post 5th May 2016, 07:17 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I voted Lead single from album four because I think that/or a re-release lead single would be the best choice now. The latter would probably be best, so we could have a better quality album 4.

If I HAD to choose though, Lightning or OMG are something a bit different. Especially if one of them could get like a Calvin Harris remix or something - no way can they do another feature.

Weird People would be great but it's too similar in sound to Hair, it'd flop.

+Quote this post
Seinfeld
post 5th May 2016, 08:08 AM
Post #6
Group icon
Is anyone here a marine biologist?
User: 10,505

QUOTE(Joe. @ May 5 2016, 08:17 AM) *

'Weid People' doesn't really sound that similar to 'Hair'. I'd say it has an '80s vibe like 'Black Magic' does. I think WP could do well with decent promo and airplay. I think radio would eat it up actually, sounds more radio friendly than 'Hair' does at least.

I've voted for 'Weird People' by the way tongue.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 5th May 2016, 08:16 AM
Post #7
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Lead Single
'Weird People'

I think at this point WP is the only sensible choice. However, I'd like a re-release/new album.

+Quote this post
Matt1989
post 5th May 2016, 08:30 AM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Enthusiast
User: 23,134

I'd go with a lead single from Album 4. There are a lot of single worthy songs on Get Weird but IMHO 4 singles from one album is perfect

+Quote this post
Mixxer
post 5th May 2016, 01:55 PM
Post #9
Group icon
#SaveLoveGame
User: 23,178

Weird People is definitely the catchiest song left on the album.

But I'm afraid of it flopping so I voted for lead single of album #4.

+Quote this post
pippa
post 5th May 2016, 02:24 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 14,031

Proceed with Weird People as the fifth single and then concentrate on studio album number 4.

+Quote this post
Serg
post 5th May 2016, 07:12 PM
Post #11
Group icon
I'm so into you, I can barely breathe
User: 22,662

OMG, but prefer no more singles.

+Quote this post
Spinning Adam
post 5th May 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Former iconic poster with no consistent posting style
Pronouns: Don't take em seriously tbh
User: 21,005

OMG is my fave of the ones left, but I voted for I Love You because it's quite a nice track I'd like to see hear from them as a single. But come to think of it maybe I should have voted Weird People also. Love Me or Leave Me is a great track too, because their vocals sound great in it but they've already released SLS which is very similar to it so maybe not.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 5th May 2016, 09:19 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

QUOTE(Joe. @ May 5 2016, 08:17 AM) *

Exactly this. I mean I certainly wouldn't be saddened if they did release it and I know a lot of albums do just have the obvious sounding singles released, but this era feels like it has been carefully thought through and each single serves a purpose and brings a new side to the album. The only song left that isn't similar to any of the other singles is 'Lightning', but it feels like it would be less likely to do well as the era goes on because it seems a little too unconventional for a girl band who release very poppy songs.

+Quote this post
post 5th May 2016, 09:37 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 19,931

I'm glad you agree that they're similar Liam. Like, the melody is totally different, of course - neither is a copy of the other. But in tempo and vibe they're in the same space. And so far we've had 4 singles which are totally different. Hair and Black Magic I'd say were the most similar but it works as they're book ends with two drastically different singles between them.

+Quote this post
Liam.k.
post 5th May 2016, 10:12 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 12,472

Yeah, they both share that cheeky-chappy, personality-driven, fun vibe, but that differs to something like 'Black Magic' which feels more...idk, grander and polished I suppose.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did go for 'Weird People' though, I mean it was forever being played in the Vic or the cafe on Eastenders which is surely been at the request of their management.

+Quote this post
Cameron
post 5th May 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #16
Group icon
THE BLAZE *.*
User: 18,061

Lightning is very different and would get them good recognition. I love ADIDAS but I think they would be heavily criticised considering the message of the song and a lot of their young fans.

However for me Love Me Or Leave Me needs to be released. It is easily the best song left on the album and a really emotional performance on a big tv program could do it wonders.

+Quote this post
Defaze
post 6th May 2016, 06:28 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 17,608

I'd still like 'Grown' to get a release, but I know it'd definitely need a remix and possibly a feature, and there's not a chance they'll release 3 collabs in a row. Plus, it's too polarising for a 5th single. I do think 'Weird People' would do moderately well though, it crosses over to the R2 demographic more than 'Hair'.

But yeah, best option for me would be an entirely new single, whether it be a re-release or a new album. I'd personally prefer the former, since I want them to take their time and release an absolute killer 4th album.

+Quote this post
classydude
post 7th May 2016, 12:27 AM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Climber
User: 21,830

Little Mix's uptempto tracks are what the public seem to respond to the most, they've already delivered us a ballad in the form of Secret Love Song so I don't think Love Me or Leave Me is needed; I think Lightning for 5th UK single and Grown for 3rd US/International single IF Hair does well. Lightning due to the fact it's DNA's sister and with an amazing video, and a performance on The X Factor live shows it should do well enough to go at least top 30, and be certified silver which would be a good way to end the era. Grown with a remix for the 3rd US/WW single because Hair is being serviced to the US as we speak, if we could see how that does Grown to me sounds just like a continuation (lyrically) to Hair? The US loves the whole "independent fierce woman" image, 5H push it enough, If Hair does well I think it would pave the way for Grown to really shine, and I think they should come back with album 4 in Summer 2017.

+Quote this post
RobBot
post 9th May 2016, 01:04 PM
Post #19
Group icon
I'm in a vewy bad mood, Bwadley.
User: 7,117

Yeah, the era feels so perfect in everything they've touched. A cutesy pop song to start, a mid-tempo, a ballad, and a sassy pop track that harks back to their earlier sounds. I don't think it needs anything but I'd like a re-release with a single or two, so I picked the top option.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 9th May 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #20
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Voted for 'Weird People', really loving this one and the singles from this era are running quite smoothly, 'Black Magic' was the perfect lead and has already become an iconic classic and made them even bigger. 'Love Me Like You Do' was a really brilliant and interesting follow up, glad they went with something totally different to what they've done before, it definitely deserves better than it's #11 position, but did manage a pretty lengthy chart run and sold really well, Is it just me or does that song sound like 'Black Heart' by Stooshe. 'Secret Love Song', another excellent choice and definitely their best ballad to date, okay I wasn't sure that this was gonna work at first, but it quickly grew on me and stands as one of their best. 'Hair', honestly not really one of my faves, but it is growing on me and it has done pretty well chart wise and could be another decent seller for them.

I think 'Weird People' would finish this era perfectly (in fact it was my choice for the 4th single), but I would be happy with 'A.D.I.D.A.S' or even 'Lightning', any of these would be fantastic.

This era definitely makes up for the mis-hap of the terribly handled 'Salute' era. 'Move' was an awesome lead single and got things off to a banging start, but releasing 'Little Me' as the follow up was a mistake, then releasing that horrible charity cover single 'Word Up' and then leaving the incredible 'Salute' so late and while it did end the era on a more positive note. An album packed with so many potential hits 'Competition' (why wasn't this considered at least), 'Towers' & 'Nothing Feels Like You'.

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:50 AM