BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Futuristic Movies
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
awardinary
post 30th December 2016, 06:44 PM
Post #1
Group icon
Here to play, here to stay
Pronouns: he/him
User: 21,587

I'm sorry if a topic like this has been done before, but I couldn't find an old one to resurrect on this occasion, so I'm starting a new thread. smile.gif

There have been many movies depicting the future, but rather than simply stating your favourites, which of course you can do, I'm more interested in how people view the future, and what they would like to see.

Questions to consider for this thread;

Which movie/movies show(s) a future in which you would like to live in?

What concepts and ideas portrayed on screen would you like to see realised?

What fashions portrayed on screen would you like to see realised?

Has anything shown in a futuristic movie you've seen ever come true?

Are you afraid of what the future holds based upon what futuristic movies portray on screen?

Answers on a postcard please. tongue.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Qween
post 30th December 2016, 06:56 PM
Post #2
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709

I think the simplest answer to this thread, for me, is Star Trek. It has so many ideas for what the future could/should hold that I think it's quite aspirational, as well as being largely high quality entertainment.

I think the main message I take from most futuristic movies is that the only way humanity is ever going to resolve anything is by coming together, celebrating out shared humanity and shared experiences and ignoring stupid, surface differences. I know that's obviously wishful thinking, but that's what so many of these movies are about. That's why Star Trek works the best for me in that sense. The Federation is the perfect example of coming together despite differences. There are tensions, of course, but that doesn't mean you can't still come together for the sake of something bigger than yourself. It's particularly telling right now with the rise of Trump and isolationist/nationalist agenda's around the world. They didn't work a century ago, they won't work now, but people seem not to understand that and so we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes again. All this has happened before and all this will happen again INDEED (even though that's technically 150,000 years in the past).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 06:20 AM