BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Artist News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Why did LOTB underperform in the UK?
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Andrew.
post 21st December 2016, 09:11 PM
Post #1
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

Despite decent airplay from Radio One and being one of the most popular (arguably~) songs on ANTI, LOTB failed to enter the top 40 on iTunes and didn't even make the top 200 on Spotify. sad.gif

Why do you think LOTB underperformed? Do you think with a video and a bigger push it could become a hit over here? Discuss~

Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Andrew.
post 21st December 2016, 09:11 PM
Post #2
Group icon
is in hibernation
User: 21,161

At first I thought it was because these types of songs don't really make it up in the charts, but it's in the Top 20 in America and I doubt that's different there mellow.gif Maybe if it had managed to scrape the top 40 on iTunes it would've been more noticeable and risen quicker?

+Quote this post
Riser
post 22nd December 2016, 04:24 AM
Post #3
Group icon
The horrors persist, but so do I
User: 19,534

Well streaming is crucial now, and even in the US it's only #97 on Spotify right now. Thankfully she's charting high anyway because of strong airplay!

It also might have helped if Kiss It Better and Needed Me had been bigger hits in the UK, to give LOTB some momentum. Plus a video and/or X Factor performance could have done the trick, but when it's hardly being streamed even in America I can't imagine its fate being any different in the UK.

+Quote this post
DiamondHeart
post 23rd December 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #4
Group icon
BuzzJack Regular
User: 23,698

Did it even have a video?

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread