BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Atomic Blonde' | 2017, Charlize Theron, James McAvoy
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post Mar 15 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #1
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Being hyped up as the "female answer to John Wick"

Charlize looking like she'll be kicking a lot more ass in this than she usually does!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post May 11 2017, 09:19 AM
Post #2
c:
Group: Members
Member No.: 20,692

New poster! I love how they've actually made a poster to advertise a scene in the movie laugh.gif It better live up to the hype they've created now!!1

+Quote Post
DJHazey
post May 12 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Member No.: 21,783
   No Gallery Pics

I was caught by surprise when I saw the preview and now I cannot wait to see it. That bedroom scene looks hot too.

+Quote Post
Addy!
post Jul 28 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 2,666

OMG Charlize she's such a badass wub.gif

Saw this last night and it's action packed...so raw and so real...and that twist in the end omg...also the soundtrack is glorious with all these 80's hits...Blue Monday, 99 Luftballoons, Father Figure, Killer Queen, Personal Jesus etc etc wub.gif

9/10 for me.

+Quote Post
Mart!n
post Jul 28 2017, 08:22 PM
Post #5
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
Member No.: 2

Actually this film looks good seen the trailers for it, I just hope there is more to it, and they haven't put everything in the trailers. Also starring Sofia wub.gif The Mummy, Kingsmen, Star Trek: Beyond.

+Quote Post
Tafty³³³
post Aug 10 2017, 01:52 AM
Post #6
I found the love, I found the love in me
Group: Genre Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Just got back from seeing this and it was really enjoyable and good fun. Much stronger than either of the 'John Wick' films I felt, but I put that down to Charlize and James being scene-stealers.

I just LOVE a strong lead action female. With the men, they brood too much for me to properly get on board with them, but it seems women action stars have so much more emotion to them and I find it easier to route for them and connect with them. It wasn't anything particularly surprising or anything (not even the "twist", imo) but it was so wonderfully shot and directed in places. The general style of the film was magnificent and fit the 80's theme too!

I'd say it was 'Drive' (in it's style) mixed with 'John Wick' (with more exciting choreographed fight scenes)

A solid 7/10 for me. I recommend it!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Aug 14 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #7
c:
Member No.: 20,692

I liked this but it's far from one of my favourites of the year. If you like spy thrillers then you'll probably love this because it is a very good one but they're just not really my thing and ultimately I ended up feeling a bit bored.

It definitely has its moments of greatness, James McAvoy is a huge scene-stealer, Sofia Boutella's moments were really nice too, the action was often entertaining (I loved McAvoy vs. Boutella personally but the stairway fight is probably where most of the budget was spent). Plus, it was nice to see Charlize Theron genuinely struggle at times - she obviously wasn't as big or muscly as some of the others so it made sense that she actually got beaten to pieces herself as well and fact she needed to fight intelligently in order to win.

On the other side, the plot is SO ridiculously convoluted that I still don't even really get it thinking about three days later. The double, triple, quadruple agent thing couldn't have been more confusing if they tried which made the ending have very little impact on me. I wasn't all that keen on Theron in the lead role too, I usually love her and became a big fan of how COOL she has been in films like Mad Max, Huntsman and Furious 8 recently but she was pretty wooden here and not very engaging at all - I was much more drawn to both Boutella and McAvoy.

6.5/10 - entertaining at times but just way too confusing and I'm not huge on spy thrillers in general anyway..

+Quote Post
Silas
post Sep 11 2017, 12:04 AM
Post #8
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

Finally got round to seeing this tonight and I really really enjoyed it! I'm a massive fan of a spy thriller, so the twists and turns were enjoyable. I like how the story was told and it was directed very well.

Theron should probably never attempt a British accent again tho laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qween
post Sep 20 2017, 07:20 PM
Post #9
Schlagerdrottningen
Group: Veteran
Member No.: 11,709

The accent work in this was SHOCKING. Truly, truly shocking. Plus it was very obvious her ''true'' accent wasn't English. Probably down to Charleze being totally unable to do the accent justice, but it did kind of make the final twist quite predictable

It was good, fast paced, lots of action and intrigue and a good old spy thriller is always worth a watch. It's not something I'd ever return to again, but it definitely wasn't 2 hours badly spent.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:25 PM