BuzzJack

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Late Release of Tickets for Take That Concerts
Track this thread | Email this thread | Print this thread | Download this thread | Subscribe to this forum
Kath
post 3rd June 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #1
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

I know loads of you can't stand Take That - but as you'll know she's supporting Take That at a number of concerts - noteably the Manchester and London gigs. There is (as there usually is) a late release of tickets. So even if you only want to go along and see Ga Ga - check out Ticketmaster and Seetickets for the gigs. If you want to know the ones Lady GG is supporting - put a question in the TT forum and I'll try and get back to you asap!

Norma
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 6th June 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

im ahuge take that fan but i didnt know gaga was supporting any of the shows

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th June 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #3
Group icon
baddest of them all
User: 6,764

GaGa Cancels First 'Take That' Support-Act

According to some several people at Lady Gaga's official forum, she cancelled today her first 'Take That' support-act show at the Manchester Old Trafford.
Gaga has probably an illness and we hope she gets well very soon! <3

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th June 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #4
Group icon
baddest of them all

Fans complain of Lady Gaga no-show 28/06/2009

mtv.co.uk - American pop sensation Lady Gaga was a no-show at the Take That concert in Manchester, fans said.

Lady Gaga was booked as support act for Take That's spectacular Circus tour.

She was booed by the 50,000 strong crowd at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground in the group's hometown on Saturday night.

The second support act, Gary Go, entertained the crowds instead.

A 31-year-old fan from Stockport said an announcement flashed up on a big screen which said: "Sorry Lady Gaga will not be performing tonight."

She said: "It was a bit disappointing because there was nothing to get you going. You were stood there like a sardine.

"The crowd need that support to get you going before the main act. A lot of people were genuinely disappointed because they'd gone to see her as well."

Margaret Graves, 58, of Hoylake, Wirral, said: "Gary Barlow said 'thanks to Gary Go whose got us out of a real spot'."

She said he apologised to fans for Lady Gaga's non-appearance and said: "Don't get me started, you should have heard me backstage."

Ms Graves said Take That were brilliant. She said: "It was the colour and the vibrancy, they looked as if they were enjoying themselves, which passes onto the crowd."

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th June 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #5
Group icon
baddest of them all

Gaga to miss SECOND Take That Gig
Lady-gaga.net - US pop star Lady Gaga is to miss performing at a second Take That concert in Manchester due to illness.

Angry fans complained after the star failed to appear as one of the support acts at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground on Saturday, with no explanation given.

A spokesman for Lady Gaga told the BBC the star pulled out at the last-minute as she was "feeling unwell" and would not be performing on Sunday either.

He added she was "currently resting on doctor's orders".

"Lady Gaga was feeling unwell on Saturday and, after consulting her doctor, the decision was reluctantly taken that she was unable to perform with Take That at Old Trafford last night and tonight.

"Lady Gaga is currently resting on doctor's orders, but is looking forward to rejoining Take That at Wembley next weekend.

"She would like to thank Take That for supporting her decision, and apologise to the band and her fans for being unable to perform," he added.
Take That will finish their tour at Wembley on 5 July

The 50,000-strong crowd booed after a big screen notice announced on Saturday the singer would not be performing.

According to fans, first support act Gary Go entertained the audience instead, but began an hour later than originally scheduled.

A 31-year-old fan from Stockport said: "It was a bit disappointing because there was nothing to get you going. You were stood there like a sardine."

Margaret Graves, 58, of Hoylake, Wirral, said: "Gary Barlow said 'thanks to Gary Go whose got us out of a real spot'."

She added he apologised to fans for Lady Gaga's non-appearance and said: "'Don't get me started, you should have heard me backstage'."

"Lady Gaga is currently resting on doctor's orders, but is looking forward to rejoining Take That at Wembley next weekend.

Fans have been posting their disappointment on Take That's website with one writing: "How dare Lady Gaga not turn up? She lost herself 50,000 fans last night!"

The star performed a one-hour set at Glastonbury on Friday night.

+Quote this post
Rain
post 28th June 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 4,326

Fans have been posting their disappointment on Take That's website with one writing: "How dare Lady Gaga not turn up? She lost herself 50,000 fans last night!"

Lost 50,000 fans that night? Doubtful. I bet they weren't all GaGa fans in the first place and if she is unwell there is nothing she can do. She's only a support act anyway, they were there to see Take That so why are they so annoyed?

This post has been edited by Rain: 28th June 2009, 07:47 PM

+Quote this post
Steve D
post 28th June 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757

people would have bought the tickets to see GaGa. Did she not perform at Glasto yesterday.

+Quote this post
Rain
post 28th June 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Steve69 @ Jun 28 2009, 08:53 PM) *
people would have bought the tickets to see GaGa. Did she not perform at Glasto yesterday.

Not many people will buy a concert ticket for the support act. It's usually a bonus if they are someone you are interested in and like but usually they are just tolerated whilst waiting for the main act. And yes she did perform at Glastonbury but that doesn't mean she can't lose her voice and get ill overnight.

+Quote this post
k👠th
post 28th June 2009, 08:17 PM
Post #9
Group icon
baddest of them all

QUOTE(Rain @ Jun 28 2009, 09:46 PM) *
Lost 50,000 fans that night? Doubtful. I bet they weren't all GaGa fans in the first place and if she is unwell there is nothing she can do. She's only a support act anyway, they were there to see Take That so why are they so annoyed?

Probably because it was so last-minute and they probably saw her cancellation as disrespectful or out of arrogance is the only thing I can think of.
A last-minute cancellation from a supporting act can cause quite some chaos for the flow of the concert and the main act etc.
I think GaGa's just plain exhausted and she was quite overwhelmed by Michael's death and she did go all-out for Glastonbury so she not performing when she's not in the best shape is always the better option I'd say. I don't think it's an "I'm better than you so why should I be your support act" sort-of thing which my guess is what the angry Take That fans theory is. . laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Kiseki
post 28th June 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #10
Group icon
it's all for you
User: 182

I hope to god she performs tommorrow. Seeing as it's her own show rather than just being a support I have faith that she will. *epic praying*

+Quote this post
Kath
post 30th June 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Steve69 @ Jun 28 2009, 08:53 PM) *
people would have bought the tickets to see GaGa.

Nah - you're wrong - all the tickets (apart from the few hundred 'late release' ones) had been sold before it was even announced that GaGa was going to be a support for four of the gigs - so NO - only an idiot would have bought a ticket to see a support act. It was just a bit of a bonus that she was going to be there but no tragedy that she wasn't. I don't think she was ill as she was seen out and about in Manchester the following day - but they'd already drafted in The Script as a replacement anyway - much to the delight of the crowd on the Sunday night. The Script had less than 24 hours notice as they'd been at Glastonbury too - really professional of them. Most of the men in the audience accompanying their partners (and some on their own even) were Oasis, U2, Coldplay, Stones, fans etc - so they were more than happy that The Script had been drafted in - half of them wouldn't have known Lady GaGa from Lady Diana to be honest! Besides - Danny from The Script actually came on in blond, bobbed wig - and I might add that he was bloody attractive in it!

To be honest - if ANY support act had let them (or any main act) down, would have got booed - it wasn't a personal attack on GaGa. It does throw the gig into a bit of a lather for timings though - as the crowd want to get warmed up for the real event. She did turn up for the sound check on Saturday - and then decided at five minutes past six - that she was 'unwell' (I'd say it was probably just a hangover). This left Gary Go with an extra long set to do - but again - he was brilliant - he actually performed 'Just Dance'. I was actually looking forward to seeing her for a bit of a dance and the exploding bra thing - but as I only like two of the three songs of hers that I know - I certainly wasn't heartbroken that she didn't turn up. I do though, think that she has a totally unprofessional attitude and if anyone is going to go to see the Wembley concerts JUST in the hope of seeing her - DON'T! I think they're going to get a replacement in right now as she has proven that she is just too unpredictable. I know most TT fans are now hoping that The Script will do support on all of the Wembley gigs - not bad for them to be seen by over 200,000 Londoners I suppose. Mind you ... I suppose GaGa isn't bothered - she probably can't stand Take That anyway! laugh.gif She wouldn't like the bit where they drop their pants.

Norma

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 30th June 2009, 08:16 AM

+Quote this post
Padamic_Tension
post 1st July 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Idol
User: 845

Take That 'furious' with Lady GaGa
Wednesday, July 1 2009, 10:54 BST

By David Balls, Music Reporter

Gary Barlow has admitted that he was furious when Lady GaGa pulled out of supporting Take That in Manchester.

Barlow claimed that the group were given just one hour's notice that GaGa had decided not to perform and praised Gary Go for filling her boots.

"Gary Go got us out of a real spot. You should have heard me backstage," he told The Mirror.

According to the publication, GaGa was later spotted drinking in the city's Lowry Hotel bar.

Lady GaGa cancelled the support slot after falling ill following her appearance at Glastonbury. She went on to miss a further live date in the city.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 1st July 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Feel_The_Fever @ Jul 1 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Take That 'furious' with Lady GaGa
Wednesday, July 1 2009, 10:54 BST

By David Balls, Music Reporter
Gary Barlow has admitted that he was furious when Lady GaGa pulled out of supporting Take That in Manchester.

Barlow claimed that the group were given just one hour's notice that GaGa had decided not to perform and praised Gary Go for filling her boots.

"Gary Go got us out of a real spot. You should have heard me backstage," he told The Mirror.

According to the publication, GaGa was later spotted drinking in the city's Lowry Hotel bar.

Lady GaGa cancelled the support slot after falling ill following her appearance at Glastonbury. She went on to miss a further live date in the city.

I was there when he said that! He did say it funnily though - he was more annoyed that it had put Gary Go out and the running of the night. Obviously there would only have been at the most 100 people who'd gone there JUST to see GaGa. As I said - it would have been nice to see her - I like a few of her songs - and I wanted to see that exploding bra! But if she can't be arsed - it was her loss. Gary Go was brilliant and The Script were fabulous on the Sunday - drafted in with less than 24 hours notice. I seriously doubt she was ill though - she was seen on the Sunday drinking in the Lowry! laugh.gif I think she probably thinks supporting Take That was beneath her. Hey she may be right ... she is a bit serious about her music whereas Take That don't take themselves seriously at all. But they are professional.

Norma

+Quote this post
Rain
post 1st July 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

I don't think she thought it was beneath her at all. She's opened for New Kids On The Block, PCD, even Kelly Clarkson at the Grammy concert. She'll have known how many people were attending too and wouldn't have agreed in the first place if she thought she was 'better' than them.

This is the first time she's ever cancelled a big gig, she lives to perform so I can't see why she would if not for a good reason.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 1st July 2009, 02:28 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 1 2009, 03:15 PM) *
I don't think she thought it was beneath her at all. She's opened for New Kids On The Block, PCD, even Kelly Clarkson at the Grammy concert. She'll have known how many people were attending too and wouldn't have agreed in the first place if she thought she was 'better' than them.

This is the first time she's ever cancelled a big gig, she lives to perform so I can't see why she would if not for a good reason.

She did her sound check in the afternoon and then at 6.05 in the evening (the time Gary Go does his spot) she just said she wouldn't be doing it. I think she left a note. She didn't say why. It was only afterwards that this story about the doctor advising her to take two days rest arose. As I said she was spotted drinking in the Lowry - so she couldn't have been that bad. Maybe she thought the crowd wouldn't be her type - mixed ages from kids up to men and women in their 60's. Maybe she thought the audience was a bit too 'unhip' laugh.gif If she thinks the Take That audiences at Wembley are going to be any different ... she's in for a shock! laugh.gif Oddly enough ... it hasn't actually put me off her ... I'll still go and see her sometime at a smaller venue perhaps.

And Gary Barlow wasn't actually 'livid' or 'furious' he was bloody funny when he said what he did ... as he always is. Like your headmaster telling you off!

Norma

+Quote this post
Rain
post 1st July 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

The fact she did her soundcheck makes me think she had every intention of performing that night. It was probably during the soundcheck when she heard her voice sounding poor or she felt lethargic and not up to it. Yes she probably should have just gone ahead anyway and cranked up the backing track but she did have a few of her own headlining shows coming up which she'll have wanted to be at her best for.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 1st July 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 1 2009, 03:45 PM) *
The fact she did her soundcheck makes me think she had every intention of performing that night. It was probably during the soundcheck when she heard her voice sounding poor or she felt lethargic and not up to it. Yes she probably should have just gone ahead anyway and cranked up the backing track but she did have a few of her own headlining shows coming up which she'll have wanted to be at her best for.

If she'd have got up tried to sing a song, chatted to the audience and explained ... she could have introduced Gary Go to finish the set for her - she'd have got a brilliant reception. She just up and went and didn't give this 'unwell' excuse until later. The next time I'm feeling unwell ... I must go and knock drinks back at the Lowry as it obviously worked for her! laugh.gif

I still think she caught sight of all of our zimmer frames in the audience and decided they'd clash with her shiny outfits!

Norma

+Quote this post
Rain
post 1st July 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Norma_Snockers @ Jul 1 2009, 05:21 PM) *
If she'd have got up tried to sing a song, chatted to the audience and explained ... she could have introduced Gary Go to finish the set for her - she'd have got a brilliant reception. She just up and went and didn't give this 'unwell' excuse until later. The next time I'm feeling unwell ... I must go and knock drinks back at the Lowry as it obviously worked for her! laugh.gif

I still think she caught sight of all of our zimmer frames in the audience and decided they'd clash with her shiny outfits!

Norma

Who was she spotted by exactly? Is it a reliable source or a tabloid? Was she definitely even drinking alcohol?

She probably saw quite a few zimmer frames opening for New Kids On the Block so I doubt that's the reason. wink.giftongue.gif

This post has been edited by Rain: 1st July 2009, 04:24 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 2nd July 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #19
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

QUOTE(Rain @ Jul 1 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Who was she spotted by exactly? Is it a reliable source or a tabloid? Was she definitely even drinking alcohol?

She probably saw quite a few zimmer frames opening for New Kids On the Block so I doubt that's the reason. wink.giftongue.gif

True it was in a tabloid - but I'd actually previously read these reports on a couple of fan sites that fans had seen her in the hotel bar. Fair enough ... it may even have been Lucozade that she was drinking ... but I'm sure a day or two tucked up in bed would have done her far better!

Anyway ... its done with. She didn't do Manchester and its still questionable whether she'll do London ... especially if the Script are available. If she doesn't appear - it really won't do her image any harm - I doubt she'd be bothered with any Take That fans approving of her anyway. No real loss to either side.

Norma

Edit - she will definitely be at the London gigs tonight and tomorrow - Gary confirmed it at the Silver Clef Awards. He said she was feeling much better and she'd be there. He thinks .....!

This post has been edited by Norma_Snockers: 4th July 2009, 12:28 PM

+Quote this post
Kath
post 6th July 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #20
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend

Well she did both London gigs. Although the reception was mixed - from remarks made on the official Take That site (and one unofficial one) on the whole she did great. They all agreed she was a little 'weird' but sang good and entertained. I'm just miffed at her because I'd have liked to have seen her. Yes - I was going to see Take That - but seeing her was going to be a bit of 'brucie-bonus' but it never panned out! Ah well! C'est la vie!

Norma

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 15th May 2024, 12:28 PM