BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> HausofKubrick's top 30 Horror Films, horror is nothing other than reality.
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
lotita
post 26th May 2016, 06:06 PM
Post #141
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

I've read the Exorcist but never got round to seeing the film (I know, I know, it applies to WAY too many in here!!! I'm going to aim to watch quite a few of these after my exams finish tongue.gif)

Incredible write ups, I've really enjoyed this countdown! Thanks Bal wub.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Chez Wombat
post 26th May 2016, 06:22 PM
Post #142
Group icon
The owls are not what they seem
Pronouns: He/him
User: 9,232

Oh I actually thought The Exorcist had already been somehow laugh.gif I probably should've guessed that seeing as the main song from the soundtrack was your Halloween spin off entry! Anyway, fantastic film and very worthy number 1. I agree that the Regan images stayed with me a long time too and it's such a deep and tragic story, I like that it treats something like a possession story with real care and thought and isn't just played for cheap scares, it truly shows the full horror behind it in many ways.

I must get round to seeing some of these I haven't seen yet as what I have are some of my all time favourites too! Great countdown, absolutely loved reading it.

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 30th May 2016, 10:48 PM
Post #143
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Some great movies here and some amazing classics.

Peeping Tom = Yes, yes, yes a 100 times yes, this would definitely be in my alltime fave horror movies and glad it's remembered, such an eerie and unpleasant movie, that's so beautifully shot and had the injustice of being panned at it's time, probably coming out at the wrong time. One of the first slasher movies and really set the bar for the genre. The POV shot of the victims terrified faces is still unnerving to this day and the performances in this are excellent and you never know what he's gonna do next.

Omen = Another firm fave of mine, I do agree that scene with the nanny hanging herself was so unsettling and twisted, this movie was just so good and even liked the 2 follow ups which concluded the trilogy. The remake was terrible and best avoided.

Halloween = Probably the greatest teen slasher of alltime, the opening scene of a young Michael really set the tone for what's to come. Everything about this was perfect, the tone, the direction and the cast, Donald Pleasure was simply brilliant as the manic Dr Loomis and Jamie Lee Curtis was just amazing. The creepy tension and Michael Myers himself has never been scarier. Shame none of the sequels that followed matched this brilliance and only got worse and worse, although did enjoy Part 2 as it picks up where this one ends and love to watch both this and No2 on Halloween as a double bill.

This post has been edited by SamJudd: 30th May 2016, 10:48 PM

+Quote this post
Harve
post 30th May 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #144
Group icon
Cœur poids plume
User: 4,718

Eeek, slightly worrying (for me) that I've only seen two of your top 10. I've always been a bit obscure in preferring 21st century horror but I can definitely see why the Exorcist is your fave. <3

+Quote this post
Nina West
post 30th May 2016, 10:59 PM
Post #145
Group icon
We're all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...
User: 19,846

Psycho = Another amazing classic and definitely ranks as my fave Alfred Hitchcock movie, the opening murder really takes you off guard as you think that the character is gonna be main star, and that amazing twist at the end, which everybody probably already knows was just brilliant and loved it upon first viewing. This never gets boring and the entire plot and events unfolding keeps you hooked to the screen the entire time.

Suspria = Didn't think anyone on here would know this one, but glad we're on the same wavelength here. Italian horror at it's finest, Dario Argento's masterpiece on full display here, the eerie tension, the beautiful colours and manic weirdness that's going on throughout, and plus the gruesome murders are beautifully shot and well crafted. This is just a pure work of art and love Dario Argento's movies, other classics he's had are 'Deep Red', 'The Bird With Crystal Plummage', 'Tenebrae', 'Opera' & 'Phemonena'.

Nightmare On Elm Street = What can I say about this, just brilliant and one of my personal fave horror movies of alltime, just awesome and Robert England is just a legend and the plot was just so inventive and that first murder was just so gruesome and disturbing, just fantastic.

As for your #1 choice 'The Exorcist', well I do like that one, but don't love it and wouldn't class it as one of my alltime faves, but a great choice all the same and thanks for hosting this, it has been a well and truly interesting read.

+Quote this post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 24th April 2024, 01:51 PM